Official "Who do you think will be in the twenty-five?" Thread

DPrime

1. Hawk (V2 style)

2. Duke

3. Flint

4. Snake Eyes (not sure if it'll be V1 or V2 though... probably V2 with Timber)

5. Scarlett

6. Stalker

7. Gung Ho (V1 style)

8. Roadblock

9. Shipwreck

10. Lady Jaye *

11. Bazooka *

12. Alpine *

13. Spirit (with Freedom of course) *

14. Torpedo (or possibly Wet Suit) *

15. Dusty *

16. Footloose (or possibly Grunt) *

17. Cobra Commander (probably helmeted version)

18. Destro

19. Baroness

20. Zartan

21. Storm-Shadow

22. Firefly

23. Cobra Soldier

24. Cobra Officer *

25. Scrap-Iron *

* These are the ones I'm not sure about... I think other possibilities would be Falcon, Tunnel Rat (they always seem to release a Tunnel Rat), Snow Job (they need a snow guy), Dr. Mindbender, Viper, the Crimson Twins and Crimson Guards. My list is based on the presumption that they'll stick to the "first half" of the cartoon, with the possibility of leaving later characters (except V2 Hawk) for a second wave if the line does really well, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more 1986-87 characters either.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY STORM SHADOW

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERS SNAKE EYES WITH WOLF

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY COBRA OFFICER

GIJ 25TH ANNIVER CORBRA COMMANDER W/HOOD

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY FLINT

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY BEACHHEAD

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY SERPENTOR

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY BUZZER

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY LADY JAYE

GIJ 25TH ANNIV COBRA TROOPER

That's the first assortment according to the hasbro toy listings I got from work. Hope that helps.

That's the first assortment according to the hasbro toy listings I got from work. Hope that helps.

Is this rumor or real intel?

If so, great news. If these figures are hot, my wallet is in big trouble for those Blueshirts.

Just checking, but isn't that a listing from TRU?

I was just thinking about this tonight, and was really liking the idea of using 2 or 3 characters from each year to comprise the 25. Think about it....at least this way I might get a Hit & Run.....demmit.

I'm drooling about the assortment loves me some cobras troopers. Suprised the Nok's made it. I hope that pans out.

this is my 25

1.)Cobra Commander [version 1 battle helmet]

2.)Destro

3.)Baroness

4.)Cobra Trooper

5.)Zartan

6.) Major Bludd

7.) Crimson Guard

8.) Firefly

9.) Storm Shadow

10.) Serpentor

11.) Duke

12.) snake eyes [version 2]

13.) Roadblock

14.) Scarlett

15.) Stalker

16.) Beach Head

17.) Flint

18.) Lady Jaye

19.) Hawk

20.) Ship Wreck

21.) Mutt

22.) Dusty

23.) Rock & Roll

24.) Gung Ho

25.) Blowtorch

I forgot to add the BAT, i don't wanna renumber that I'd take blowtorch and throw him in.

I also left off allot of the original 13 I'm a big original 13 fan, but i don't expect them to be be in the line that much, beyond the usuals. If the line continues past 25 i'd really like to get a complete original 13.

Just checking, but isn't that a listing from TRU?

I was just thinking about this tonight, and was really liking the idea of using 2 or 3 characters from each year to comprise the 25. Think about it....at least this way I might get a Hit & Run.....demmit.

Well, except for Buzzer....I don't much care.

Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes? Yawn. Expected (I still remember the comics "G.I. Joe: Starring Snake Eyes" which shoulda been "Snake Eyes and some other guys." How come Snake Eyes never got his OWN comic? Because he can't talk?)

Cobra Commander: Expected. Duh.

Flint and Beach Head are kind of a surprise. What, no Duke? Or is he wave 2? Beach Head's been overused already though.

Cobra Trooper/Officer: I think we already have tons of them.

Lady Jaye: MAYBE we can get one that doesn't suck?

Serpentor: Meh.

Until the poster above can provide some proof as to where he works and where he got this info, I'm gonna go on record saying that list looks bogus to me for a first assortment.

No Duke or Scarlett? Buzzer first but not Zartan? Destro? Baroness?

If this is a true 25th list, I'd figure those names would have to make the list.

Can you provide some more information to back this up?

Justin

Until the poster above can provide some proof as to where he works and where he got this info, I'm gonna go on record saying that list looks bogus to me for a first assortment.

If this is a true 25th list, I'd figure those names would have to make the list.

Justin

Why would they put Snake EYes, Storm Shadowm Duke, Scarlett Destro Cobra commander, zartan, baroness alll in the first wave? What would they put in the other waves?

It's a Toy bussiness golden rule you always spread out the A-listers. They support the line if you put them all in the first assortment they wouldn't be able to support the waves that are done after that.

Justin

I with you on this one. Duke and Scarlett would be first on the list.

Justin

Why would they put Snake EYes, Storm Shadowm Duke, Scarlett Destro Cobra commander, zartan, baroness alll in the first wave? What would they put in the other waves?

It's a Toy bussiness golden rule you always spread out the A-listers. They support the line if you put them all in the first assortment they wouldn't be able to support the waves that are done after that.

If this is a finite anniversary line (which by the sounds of it, with only 25 figures, it should be) I think Hasbro would absolutely start off their first assortment with all of their A-Listers. Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Destro/COBRA Commander/Baroness... that would make the most sense to me.

It's quite possible this is an assortment listing or they are product listings, but it doesn't sound like a "first assortment" listing to me.

I might be wrong, but this just doesn't seem right. Maybe we'll see in a few weeks when Hasbro starts releasing pics on their site...

Justin

This is who I think we'll see

1) Snake Eyes

2) Scarlett

3) Beachhead (my favorite character)

4) Lady Jaye

5) Cover Girl

6) Shipwreck

7) Gung-Ho

8) Hawk

9) Stalker

10) Spirit

11) Rock n Roll

12) Doc

13) Torpedo

14) Snow Job

15) Dusty

16) Quick Kick

17) Cobra Commander

18) Zartan

19) Buzzer

20) Storm Shadow

21) Snow Serpent

22) Crimson Guard

23) Wild Weasel

24) Cobra Trooper/Viper

25) Cobra Officer

people will argue about getting all the Cobra/Gi Joe leaders at once but I think its a bad idea, because if u seperate them out u have more carrying power with each additional assortment/wave or whatever they are calling them this time. I also think we'll see a bunch of figures that have only had 1 or 2 figures (i.e. Doc, Quick Kick etc). I'm lookin forward to future info about these new figs

I'm easy:

1) Duke

2) Snake-Eyes

3) Scarlett

4) Stalker

5) Roadblock

6) Shipwreck

7) Gung-Ho

8) Flint

9) Lady Jaye

10) Spirit

11) Tunnel Rat

12) Cover Girl

13) Hawk

14) Cobra Commander (accurate Marvel #1 design)

15) Baroness

16) Destro

17) Major Bludd

18) Storm Shadow

19) Firefly

20) Zartan

21) Buzzer

22) Ripper

23) Torch

24) Cobra Trooper/Officer

25) Viper

Duke

Scarlett

Stalker

Snake-Eyes

Roadblock

Gung-Ho

Shipwreck

Flint

Lady Jaye

Beachhead

Cobra Commander

Destro

Baroness

Storm Shadow

Cobra Trooper

Cobra Officer

Crimson Guard

Xamot & Tomax

Serpetnor

Zartan

Buzzer

Monkey Wrench

Torch

Dr. Mindbender

Firefly

are by bets

I'd like to see "newer" guys like Falcon, Tunnel Rat, Muskrat, and Hit 'n Run though.

Justin

If this is a finite anniversary line (which by the sounds of it, with only 25 figures, it should be) I think Hasbro would absolutely start off their first assortment with all of their A-Listers. Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Destro/COBRA Commander/Baroness... that would make the most sense to me.

It's quite possible this is an assortment listing or they are product listings, but it doesn't sound like a "first assortment" listing to me.

I might be wrong, but this just doesn't seem right. Maybe we'll see in a few weeks when Hasbro starts releasing pics on their site...

Justin

Well BECAUSE this is a finite annivesary line, it DOES makes sense to spread out the A-listers. Presumably, those would be the most wanted, being A-listers, right? So, If I got all of them at the BEGINNINING...I'm less likely to bother with any of the others that come out afterwards.

These are going to be released in waves of singles like before? I didn't know that. I thought they would all to be grouped together by year or one entire set. If they're singles, man it's gonna be a frenzy trying to get them all. BUT that's good for the army builders (Troopers and Officers) if they turn out nice. HTS?

Guest McBragg

I predict 3/5th's joes, 2/5th's cobras. An even split (well, 13-12) would simply not do justice to the fact there's so many notable Joes compared to Cobras.

1. Duke

2. Beach-Head

3. Flint

4. Snake Eyes

5. Scarlett

6. Stalker

7. Gung Ho

8. Roadblock

9. Shipwreck

10. Lady Jaye

11. Barbecue (i'd like to think they'd give us somebody not remade recently)

12. Tunnel Rat (he's been overdone, so why stop now? :rolleyes: )

13. Spirit

14. Wet-Suit (for some reason, favored over Torpedo...i'd rather have a new Deep Six)

15. Dusty

16. Cobra Commander

17. Destro

18. Baroness

19. Zartan

20. Storm-Shadow

21. Buzzer (since they didn't make one before)

22. Firefly

23. Cobra Soldier

24. Eel (in the past relaunches couldn't resist enemy frogmen, even though they are minor players in the grand scheme)

25. B.A.T.

Sgt. Slaughter should be made, but that's all up to Hasbro paying royalties/rights/whatever.

I could see Alley Viper or Cobra Officer swapped out for BAT or EEl. We've seen plenty of BATS, but they might revisit V1 style. Snow Serpent's been done too recently. Cobra Trooper qaulifies because his recent figure was nothing but existing parts cobbled together.Some character might get booted for Serpentor or Mindbender, probably Buzzer or even Baroness...which seems hard to believe, but 3 females out of 25 characters is pushing the limit, even for a fan appeal line.

I could see Spirit, Stalker or Barbecue off the list. Spirit got a new figure fairly recently. Stalker's popular but not quite as iconic. Barbecue is wishful thinking..., maybe replaced by Hawk or Recondo or Bazooka or an obligatory arctic joe (probably the played out Frostbite again), that relaunches in 2000 and 2002 deemed essential for the first couple of waves .

And where do you work to get that kind of information?

These are going to be released in waves of singles like before? I didn't know that. I thought they would all to be grouped together by year or one entire set. If they're singles, man it's gonna be a frenzy trying to get them all. BUT that's good for the army builders (Troopers and Officers) if they turn out nice. HTS?

Best answer, I think, is "we will know when we know." Everything, right now, is just speculation. Even if some people are "in the know" in some way.

Here's my guess...

Joes

Snake-Eyes (comes with two heads: v1 and v2)

Scarlett (w/long hair in ponytail)

Stalker

Duke

Flint

Lady Jaye (two heads: one with cap; one without)

Roadblock

Shipwreck

Snow Job

Torpedo

Gung Ho

Beach Head

Spirit

Cobra

Cobra Commander (comes with two heads: v1 mask and v2 hood)

Baroness

Destro

Zartan

Buzzer

Ripper

Torch

Major Bludd

Serpentor

Firefly

Storm Shadow

Cobra Viper

- all figures v1 style, except Snake-Eyes v2 body

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY

and where do you work?

being vague about details like that doesn't cast the list into doubt, but it does make what you're saying seem questionable at worst..