My new army building craze has begun---Headhunters!

code red shockwave

I'll never understand Army Builders. It seems a little OCD to me.

That about sums up the toy collecting community in it's entirety....don't ya think? @hmmm@

How do you judge one collectors COLLECTING habits negatively, against anothers? One guy collects ONE of EVERYTHING, or another guy collects EVERYTHING of ONE.

Non-toy collectors would think we're ALL suffering from OCD.

@hmmm@ who cares?

I agree, I ref this before, and made a thread about it a year or so ago...most collectors go to a store repeatedly when they are in search of a certain fig, and some will not rest until they have it, they have a sense of fullfilment for while, then rinse and repeat when the next fig comes out... @loll@

Collecting in itself is a mild form of OC behavior

On topic I have a pretty large stash of V1 cobra troopers, crimson guards, head hunters, HH SS, Snow serpents, and V1 Vipers prob about 20 of each

Just seems a little creepy. I mean, there's a difference between buying one or two of each figure, either to keep loose or in the package, and saying to one's self, "it would be cool if I had 700 Cobra troopers lined up at attention in my basement!"

Eerie stuff.

Just seems a little creepy. I mean, there's a difference between buying one or two of each figure, either to keep loose or in the package, and saying to one's self, "it would be cool if I had 700 Cobra troopers lined up at attention in my basement!"

Eerie stuff.

I get what you are saying, but if your 1 or 2 two of each figure adds up 700 how is that any diff from an army builder with 700 vipers? Do you think you look any less strange to a non collector? It still would look like a wierdo with 700 little army men to them.

I have no idea what my largest army is, but I think it's around 20, and I've got about five to ten, maybe more, of figures at around the 20 mark. If I have any more of something, it'd be my Coil Con troops, or my Iron Anvils and Con IGs... (Such great figures.) And for the record, price means nothing to me when I buy it brand new.

-Kevin

I think army building is cool, although that's not my thing. The most of any trooper I have is the 12 (one pack of Cobra infantry and one pack of Cobra night watch). I do like seeing other collectors' pics of their armies.

However, there are certain troops that probably don't deserve armies like the Crimson Guard, since they're supposed to be elite and it wouldn't make sense to have a legion of them. A headhunter army would be okay, since drug lords like Headman would have enough cash to hire a small militia of thugs to work for them.

PharmV

I think army building is cool, although that's not my thing. The most of any trooper I have is the 12 (one pack of Cobra infantry and one pack of Cobra night watch). I do like seeing other collectors' pics of their armies.

However, there are certain troops that probably don't deserve armies like the Crimson Guard, since they're supposed to be elite and it wouldn't make sense to have a legion of them. A headhunter army would be okay, since drug lords like Headman would have enough cash to hire a small militia of thugs to work for them.

PharmV

That makes sense. I mean you gotta have a lot of "infantry" types, sure. But the more specialized guys, say the Flak-Viper, not so many.

But they look so cool,

IMG_2480.jpg

I army build mainly, the Infantry, vipers, and Guard, really everything....

CIMG1448.jpg

even ninjas

IMG_2431.jpg

even customs

IMG_1759.jpg

Bat's

6dd6bec6.jpg

and i even plan on Army building LBC'S

CIMG3331.jpg

Cobra Armies RULE!!!!

Someday, Ill photograph all my new recruits together.

HI i troop build :)

i have at the moment 14.packs of cobra infantry 12 open 2 seald

10 night watch 8 open 2 sealed

i do like your collection action figure soundwave :wacko:

i try and keep most of mine in fire sections of 4 in a team @yipee@

i cant see how its OCD. @sad@ i just like to build a large cobra army for defence of cobra island #Granade#

and active cell groups around my joe universe #tank#

robuk @dumbpc@

Those pics of various massive troops are AWESOME...ain't they? #US1#

This is suppose to be something FUN and ENJOYABLE, and why we even ever get started on this whole toy collecting phase.

We're creating something, using our imaginations in playful/youthful ways, and getting some delight out of it.

I'm sure these guys (with the massive troop collections) get a kick out of our responses to how AWESOME they are, and we're jealous of them, and the crafty images they've put together for us, to display them, is awesome work as well.

That's what it's all about.

It's all cool! ^_^

Life without army building:

Cobra Commander: Officer, I need you to build a defensive position on the south side.

Infantry Officer: Sir, Yes Sir! *Turns to single trooper* Build a defensive position on the south side.

Trooper: Why are you always picking on me?? I just finished cleaning the bathrooms, mopping the halls, and shining the fangs on the Commander's throne. Now you want me to do this? Why??

Officer: You are the only trooper we have. That's why. Now shut up and do your job.

Crimson Guard: Hey guys, what's up?

Officer: Who the Heck are you supposed to be?

CG: I am the ELITE soldier.

Trooper: (Head in hands) Awwww crap.

I'm gonna be army building the Viper Pit 6 pack as much as possible, I already have 40 vipers and hope to end up with around 80-100 Crimson Guard are another group that I have about 20 of so far and that may or may not be where I stop with them

That's a shame that you're collecting the CG's too, because I'd be willing to trade off my Vipers for some CG's. I've got three of the Viper Pit 6 pack just sitting in my closet still sealed up.

Life without army building:

Cobra Commander: Officer, I need you to build a defensive position on the south side.

Infantry Officer: Sir, Yes Sir! *Turns to single trooper* Build a defensive position on the south side.

Trooper: Why are you always picking on me?? I just finished cleaning the bathrooms, mopping the halls, and shining the fangs on the Commander's throne. Now you want me to do this? Why??

Officer: You are the only trooper we have. That's why. Now shut up and do your job.

Crimson Guard: Hey guys, what's up?

Officer: Who the Heck are you supposed to be?

CG: I am the ELITE soldier.

Trooper: (Head in hands) Awwww crap.

funny! it reminds me of when i was akid and had only one cobra trooper to fight the joes with (besides all the named figs) and he was the one always sent to the frontline.

However, there are certain troops that probably don't deserve armies like the Crimson Guard, since they're supposed to be elite and it wouldn't make sense to have a legion of them.

PharmV

I'd have to disagree with that one. IMO Crimson Guards would be the largest army that Cobra would have. You figure there are probably tons of these guys trying to infiltrate cities throughout the world. Each one trying to help Cobra by becoming high ranking people in society. Even if there were only 2 CG's for every major city in the US, that would add up to a nice sized army. Now if you included all the major cities in the world, that number would grow 100 times over. Also take into account the ones that would be in garrison preparing to step in and replace any fallen CG at any given time, and that number grows even larger. Now, if Cobra were a real organization, I'm sure they would have more than 2 CG's in any one city. An army of infantry troops needs to be only big enough to defeat the next strongest army. But to take over the world from the inside out, there is no limit to the number of specially trained troops that you could use. The more you have, the stronger your influence grows. And besides, they're doing the community a service by providing a home and family structure for single moms loyal to the Cobra cause.

i wish I could find more headhunter storm troopers, but glad to see you are army building those head hunters lol. Mine are any versions of the VIPERS