My new army building craze has begun---Headhunters!

code red shockwave

My first army building craze, as many of you may be aware, has been getting an army of Shockwaves, which is now a total of 45. Now I've moved on to my second army building craze, which is now Headhunters! If any of you have "army building crazes", please post yours here! I will post my army of Headhunters after St. Patrick's Day(that's when i'll have enough Headhunters worthy enough to post a pic for you to all see).

Hehe. Don't laugh. I am a Cobra-La loyalist which helps to explain why I army build Cobra-La Royal Guards. My official count is 65 right now. Am aiming for an even 100 before I will start thinking of calling it quits.

I have also started to army build Cobra Vipers, IGs, Night Vipers, Headhunters and Headhunter StormTroopers.

I think i have 40 something cobrasoldiers/cobraofficers/viper pilot molds. Thats not intentional though...it kinda just happened because i buy big lots a lot...I'll post pics later maybe.

Headhunters are AWESOMe figures,as well as the headhunter stormtroopers i have a few loose and a moc one...theres nothing as evil as sellin drugs.

-saboteur

I have a hankerin' for some V1 Tele-Vipers right now, at least six or eight more to make an even 10 or 12. I should also get a bunch of BATs... The one I have is pretty lonely looking.

But yeah, right now I want some more Teles...

I'm gonna be army building the Viper Pit 6 pack as much as possible, I already have 40 vipers and hope to end up with around 80-100 Crimson Guard are another group that I have about 20 of so far and that may or may not be where I stop with them

I have two Headhunters and two Headhunter Stormtroopers(one is a custom done by Xhairs, which I am grateful for). I am also adding the two Urban Strike Team Alley Vipers and two Rock Vipers(using the Range-Viper mold) as part of my Headhunter army as well. By March 17th, I will have the following for my army:

2x green Headhunters

4x brown Headhunters(well one that I get will have minor paint wear, so I may repaint it but not sure)

I know that two of them will be missing shotguns and backpacks but that won't be a problem since I'll provide my own shotguns and backpacks.

I will also have a total of three Zartan v3s(they'll be punks working for the L.A.M.E. Brawler Squad). I will post pics of how my Headhunter army currently looks in a few days or so.

Guest McBragg

I'll never understand Army Builders. It seems a little OCD to me.

maybe for some fans.

as a kid my brother and I wanted extra troops to play with, especially since Joes outnumbered cobra figure 2 or 3 to 1. My brother got a few extra Cobras and cobra officers, enough to have some decent skirmishes, anyway (like 3 troopers and 4 or 5 officers, who were more common wherever we lived). likewise, we had a few stormtroopers and hoth stormtroopers, maybe 3 of each.

I just wish we had then what I had now...the fun times.

i guess army building is trying to recapture that for some people. And some people like to make dioramas and stuff. i'm not really down with lining up figures in rows and rows...i never have the space and some cat would just knock them all down, they'd fall on the floor and break.

I don't army builder vintage figures, unless I stumble across them at a flea market. too fragile.

my biggest army would have to be blue night creepers. when family dollar had the single packs i bought every one i came across which makes my army around 20 yeah i know, "BIG army there pal!" hey, its a start....

Hey I can dig it, this is my Headhunter group of troops.

HEADMAN ENTERPRISES:

Headman

Vince (Monkeywrench head on a Headman body)

Headhunter v1 (14)

and the heavy crew

Gristle

Gristle Crew (5 Gristles with head swaps)

Headhunter Storm troopers (13)

I guess YOU are the guy I'm competing with! @smilepunch@

I've gotten a few. I think right now I have 1 green Headhunter (the "leader") and 3, maybe 4 regular Headhunters. Also, I think 3 Stormtroopers. Basically speaking, I'm close to being "finished" with my Headhunter forces...

Right now I limit myself to 6. Typically a "leader" type and 5 troopers. For example, I have Scalpel and 5 Medi-Vipers. I use my single Star Brigade T.A.R.G.A.T. as the "leader" for the rest of the T.A.R.G.AT.s.

OCD?

OCD?

OCD. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? Not sure how that equates either. Also, I don't think it applies in my case.

A few months ago, I analyzed why I was into army building. It stems from my childhood when I collected Joes. I always had a bunch of them but I was never into buying multiples of the army builder ranks. I was on a budget and couldn't justify buying multiples of any figure. My childhood Joe collection consisted of only one figure of any of the characters which I bought.

Later on, as I got older, my disposable income grew and I wanted to grow the ranks for some of my favorite childhood figures. I put some rules in place with a firm price ceiling and moved forward. It also helps that I do not actively pursue other toy lines. Am pretty much just geared toward Joe.

Nah, it just looks cool. When you think of it, this part of the hobby in particular goes back decades, even centuries. All those lead and pewter soldiers people collected back in the day, it all has the same appeal.

OCD?

OCD. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? Not sure how that equates either. Also, I don't think it applies in my case.

A few months ago, I analyzed why I was into army building. It stems from my childhood when I collected Joes. I always had a bunch of them but I was never into buying multiples of the army builder ranks. I was on a budget and couldn't justify buying multiples of any figure. My childhood Joe collection consisted of only one figure of any of the characters which I bought.

Later on, as I got older, my disposable income grew and I wanted to grow the ranks for some of my favorite childhood figures. I put some rules in place with a firm price ceiling and moved forward. It also helps that I do not actively pursue other toy lines. Am pretty much just geared toward Joe.

You think that is what he meant? Don't know (hence why I asked, heh) myself. Seems like a rather bizarre "leap of logic."

I army build because, well Cobra needs an ARMY. What fun is for Hawk, Falcon, Snake Eyes, Grunt and Stalker to go against *A* Viper, *A* Lamprey, *A* Crimson Guard? Whoopee!

Isn't it much better if the team goes against a dozen Vipers, backed up by 3 or 4 H.E.A.T. Vipers and Frag Vipers (for example)?

Look at those great diostories people have put out just as a simple example. Now imagine this dio with only ONE Viper and ONE Range Viper.

I am currently collecting Sigma Six SKY BATs.

I have 7. I really like this trooper. He looks good and can be modified easily for Ground or Air assaults on the Joes. I wasn't going to army build him but I can't help it.... once I see one in the stores I just have to get it. I'll probably stop for now. I have plenty. Might get one more to make it eaven but that is it.... or I'll keep my 6 that I have now opened and keep the my seventh one I just bought MIB. Plus thats the only COBRA fodder Sigma Six has for now...

BUT on the 3 3/4'' side I like the Cobra Viper V1........ always on the look out for more.

I have about 8 of the V1 Viper. I want more though.

I have and am pretty satisfied with about 36 Cobra Infantry from the six packs.

I like BATs V1 and I own about 7 and would want 12.

My goal is to have a gorup of 4 to 6 of every viper form including Eels, Snow Serpents, and such troops. I'm working on it........ slowly but surely.

my biggest army would have to be blue night creepers. when family dollar had the single packs i bought every one i came across which makes my army around 20 yeah i know, "BIG army there pal!" hey, its a start....

i might have more than 20 of those... i should count em :) i have almost 50 of that sculpt in all. its my biggest group of army builders i love dolar general!! i wish i didn't sell the sand vipers i bought though...

i was going to try and get some more v.1 rock vipers (i only have 2) but i don't really have the initiative to do so right now. i have to many other things going on. plus i don't have the $$ to spend...

That about sums up the toy collecting community in it's entirety....don't ya think? @hmmm@

How do you judge one collectors COLLECTING habits negatively, against anothers? One guy collects ONE of EVERYTHING, or another guy collects EVERYTHING of ONE.

Non-toy collectors would think we're ALL suffering from OCD.

@hmmm@ who cares?