You know what suprises me about ML? (both TB AND Hasbro)

yojoebro82

They've never tanken advantage of the army builder concept!

Have they LOOKED at their target audience???

These are the guys who will go out and buy ALL the Storm troopers and Cobra Vipers they see. Fanboys get a thrill out of amassing DOZENS of these figs, lining them up into little squadrons, taking a picture of it, and posting it on the internet to get the "mine's bigger" adoration!

AIM

Hydra

Doombots

6" Sentinels

heck, MULTIPLE MAN

Money in the bank, Hasbro!

(No offence to anyone reading this who may be an army builder. Heck, I myself have about ten Cobra troopers.............I know that's small compared to some).

well supposedly walmart has sku's for hydra soldiers http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2029956 .......we'lljust ahve to wait and see if its true

They've never tanken advantage of the army builder concept!

Have they LOOKED at their target audience???

These are the guys who will go out and buy ALL the Storm troopers and Cobra Vipers they see. Fanboys get a thrill out of amassing DOZENS of these figs, lining them up into little squadrons, taking a picture of it, and posting it on the internet to get the "mine's bigger" adoration!

AIM

Hydra

Doombots

6" Sentinels

heck, MULTIPLE MAN

Money in the bank, Hasbro!

(No offence to anyone reading this who may be an army builder. Heck, I myself have about ten Cobra troopers.............I know that's small compared to some).

Totally agree.

They are taking advantage of it now, as of Hasbro ML wave 3.....

The consensus of the retailers and manufacturers has been very cautious up until now, which is why we've not see army-builders in the line until now.

Marvel Legends is an abberation as a toy line goes, because its NOT mass-media supported ( no TV show etc) in any big way.

It sells on presence alone.

The BAF concept is actually a better gimmick to field BEFORE an army-builder character because it tests the market to see if obscure characters will move because of a BAF inclusion.

Now because that has been shown to work well, the army builder makes sense to attempt.

I'd hazard a guess that a Build-A-Vehicle will be the next one tried after this--if the army-builder gimmick works.

I'd buy a few Multiple Man figures. Maybe even the 6 inch Sentinels...

I'd hazard a guess that a Build-A-Vehicle will be the next one tried after this--if the army-builder gimmick works.

Toybiz ran preliminary budget analyses to see if including build-a-vehicles was feasable. They had plans for a quinjet and the mockingbird but couldn't crunch the numbers enough to keep it within their budget.

And if Toybiz concluded that it wouldn't be profitable enough, there's NO WAY on Zod's green Earth that Hasbro will fork out the dosh...

But on another note, I would buy SO MANY Multiple Men clones! @yipee@

And how I'd love an army of trainees for Taskmaster... @bananna@

How about some simple S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives? @pun@

... oh the possibilities...

But they've already done a Doombot. Pity he was a stupid chase variant...

[="fingfangfoom"]I don't know if it's been posted yet, but the numbers check out at Wal-Mart. I gave a wal-martian a list of the UPCs and the one she checked came up "Legends Bucky" at a retail price of $9.96. Seems legit.

Sorry if this is old news.

They are taking advantage of it now, as of Hasbro ML wave 3.....

The consensus of the retailers and manufacturers has been very cautious up until now, which is why we've not see army-builders in the line until now.

Marvel Legends is an abberation as a toy line goes, because its NOT mass-media supported ( no TV show etc) in any big way.

It sells on presence alone.

The BAF concept is actually a better gimmick to field BEFORE an army-builder character because it tests the market to see if obscure characters will move because of a BAF inclusion.

Now because that has been shown to work well, the army builder makes sense to attempt.

IF TB had stayed on I am sure we would have gotten a BAV no dout :) WIth hasbro thoughI do not know... are you not the one who states 10 kazillion reasons on why a bav would not sell though?.. I sorta had to do a double take at the user name and statement just to be sure I read it right yknow :D :D

As long as the hydra guys are decent enough and easy enough to find you can bet I become one of them army builder nuts :) I'm gona attempt to buy 1 hyrda per each open ML figure, which is allmost near an entire tb set - about 100 or 50 or something figures I have not quite counted...

I totaly love aim/hydra/hand based comics if just cause the heros have a massive amount of grunts to beat down, its allways so fun to see hehehhe! I'm digging the current ironfist series right now needless to say ;)

I like the army builder concept but I don't think it works well in a line that's also doing BAFs. It would result in an uneven number of BAF parts out there and could make it really difficult for people, especially kids who don't get to hunt all the time, to complete the BAF because people who army build would clean out all the troops.

It'll be interesting to see how much of a problem this will be with the Hydra Soliders. I think a better idea would be to make box sets with a bunch of troops. Kind of like what Hasbro has done with some of the clone-centric battle packs for Star Wars.

IF TB had stayed on I am sure we would have gotten a BAV no dout WIth hasbro thoughI do not know... are you not the one who states 10 kazillion reasons on why a bav would not sell though?.. I sorta had to do a double take at the user name and statement just to be sure I read it right yknow

I do not recall arguing strenuously against a BAV gimmick--I'll support anything that gets me more stuff.

Common sense says that vehicles are difficult to pull off in this scale however, and retailers dislike them because of the amount of space they take up.

Having something that must be built over two waves presents a marketing nightmare because it puts the onus on the consumer being savvy enough to follow through and get all the component sets.

And if they don't it leaves the consumer frustrated with a next-to-useless added feature that they cannot do anything with.

Toybiz ran preliminary budget analyses to see if including build-a-vehicles was feasable. They had plans for a quinjet and the mockingbird but couldn't crunch the numbers enough to keep it within their budget.

And if Toybiz concluded that it wouldn't be profitable enough, there's NO WAY on Zod's green Earth that Hasbro will fork out the dosh...

Yup, that was said several times by Toybiz reps like Jesse Falcon.

Budgets are another guiding reason why BAV's are not likely..........they ARE possible, just not likely.

I like the army builder concept but I don't think it works well in a line that's also doing BAFs. It would result in an uneven number of BAF parts out there and could make it really difficult for people, especially kids who don't get to hunt all the time, to complete the BAF because people who army build would clean out all the troops.

It depends on who this is marketed and what the BAF is in that wave.

If the BAF is a character that has some kind of "neutral" component--a weapon, stand or other part that can be used over and over, it could be packed with the army-builder figure.

That way the army-builder can be as numerous as one likes, and its placment in the assortment doesn;t majorly affect completion of the BAF.

Example: Let's take a candidate for a BAF: Caliber from Alpha Flight--obscure bad guy, bascially a walking gun platform--lots of weapons and dangling ammo belts. The parts to make the figure could be with others in the wave, and the ammo belts for the BAF could be with the army-builder. The ammo belts could even serve double-duty and attach to weapon that the army builder uses as well.

Or...

The army-builder could be a completely stand-alone figure from the assortment with NO BAF component, and marked with "army-builder" emboldened on the package. The figure could come with different weapons/gear to variate it and its just a add-on itself to the wave.

There's lots of different ways to approach this.