FIRST OFFICIAL MENTION OF 25th ANNIVERSARY LINE!!!

Arashikage Storm

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I can talk about this........

The info on the site is pretty much the gist of the info I was given.

I was also told that there is MULTIPLE retailer support for this line, its NOT going to be an exclusive.

Unknown about vehicles, or playsets at this time and......

It was expressed that there's enough interest, at this stage, to make this on-going beyond 2007.

The character lists for this is bound to be the mainstays--not confirmed here:

Duke

Snake-eyes

Scarlet

Flint

Gung-ho

Roadblock...

COBRA Commander

Destro

Zartan

Stormshadow

COBRA Viper

Baroness

Mr. Mindbender...

you can fill in the 25 at your own whims...

Sure to delight fans both new and old, 25th Anniversary Figures are all new sculpts and the most detailed and articulated G.I. JOE figures ever!

i dont like that one bit...

the only way these will work is if they are exact remakes of vintage joes but with added articulation.

-saboteur

Thanks for the link, I'd also love vintage-style packaging similar to the Star Wars VOTC line.

Guest DavAnthony

Modern sculpting techniques with Vintage level of thought, concern and effort would be nice.

If they give us an VvsV looking Tunnel Rat that says nothing about the character and looks all haphazard and messy then there is no point

BUT

If they give us a Recondo that looks like someone who would be a jungle fighter or a Tunnel Rat that looks like someone who mucks around in sewars then they are doing good.

I hope Hasbro gets this one right.

25 for the 25th?

COOL!

I'm intrigued at this point.

wow thats great news to hear

My guess based on the rumors that have flown around since the con is these will be some totally new type of sculpt figure. Maybe a microman style figure. Im not saying they will look bad, but those of you who will only settle for classic RAH sculpts I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Sweet, maybe this will actually revive my interest in the line. Its sad to say, but since being a Joe fan ever since I can remember, I couldn't possibly care whether G.I. Joe dies at this point anymore. I blame DTC for that mostly, especially waves 3 and 4...

Regardless, I have really high hopes for this line. Hopefully it does well enough to where Hasbro extends the line beyond 2007 as mentioned earlier.

I am so excited!

As long as they have:

1) Duke in original costume

2) Scarlett

3) Snake Eyes

4) Flint

5) Lady Jaye

6) Shipwreck in original duds

7) Dusty

8) Cobra Commander

9) Baroness

10) Destro

11) Storm Shadow

12) Tomax original costume

13) Xamot original costume

14) Zartan

If this is the anniversary, they BETTER do som vehicles! After all, 3" Joe was, basically, an accessory for the vehicles.

My only...concern is the whole "most articulated ever" idea. It IS possible to over do it. Actually, the only thing that would/could be "bad" would be for them to use the Night Creeper ankles on all of them and, hopefully, they can fix the "severed hand" problem that plagues some of the swivel wrist figures (not to mention the hands themselves).

The other thing I wonder about is how much this stuff is gonna cost! "Most detailed" AND "Most Articulated" means lots of $$$$$.

Plus, what kind of chances would the line have, assuming they are looking in that direction, afterwards? If all that detail and articulation makes a figures cost like $8....well, I think you see where I'm going.

But I think, more than any of that...WHAT ABOUT THE GEAR!?! 80s Joes were known for their distinctive gear. It was just "a shotgun" it was FALCON'S shotgun, for example. They did an excellent job with the details of the Plague set (as well as with Wave 4), so do you think we can expect good (or at least "appropriate") gear?

maybe we can finally get an updated zandar,and serpentor

Anything is possible, but I doubt it. I'm sure they would go with the 25 "most popular" characters/figures.

Id like to think serpentor is pretty high on the list, he's been due for a resculpt forever. I suppose resculpts of characters from sigma 6 are pretty sure deals.

This is really exciting news, its good to se we werent forgotten about. Im really interested to see what the new body types look like.

Good news so far.

Without seeing any pics or getting any real info beyond the fact that there's gonna be 25 new figs, all I can do is hope.

I know what I'm hoping for as a 3 3/4"Joe fan and if I ask ten other people for their hopes I'll get ten different responses.

Just gotta keep eyes open and fingers crossed.