3 Superstars Released by WWE

Zartan666

WWE.com has announced the release of tag team Gymini, as well as David Heath, better known as Gangrel. I honestly didnt even know Gangrel was under contract with WWE. I know they were talking about bringing him in with Kevin Thorn back when ECW was first startign up, but I dont recall ever hearing he was hired. Its sad they didnt use him, he was always entertaining. And I think he would have made a great manager for Thorn. As for the Gymini, it was only a matter of time. they had been held off TV since June or July. And before that they only had a few matches. At least now that they are fired, some scalper smight buy up all those Gymini adrenaline packs cloging store sheleves everywhere.

Add Tony Marmaluke, Al Snow and Doug Basham to the list as well.

Sounds like Al Snow was released from his wrestling contract. I think they still have him under contract as a trainer in OVW.

Basham's release is a bit of a surprise as someone here just stated last week that they talked to him and he said he was still on good terms with the WWE.

Add:

Sylvester Terkay

Jazz

Rodney Mack

Danny Basham

C.W. Anderson

Really not going to be much left of the ECW locker room.

Geez, this is Winter cleaning...at least for a good number of the ECW roster. I knew it was bound to go down though, due to talks a few months back saying that some of the ECW performers aren't used all that much and releases were expected.

I haven't seen Gangrel in such a long time, I too forgot he was still employed...the last I saw of him was on SD. I'm kinda surprised by Terkay's release, I thought he and Burke were going to be a formidable team there, plus Terkay is such a monster anyway. It was overdue for Gemini though, once Simon Dean took Dreamer's old job, these chubby-faced, Goldberg clones had nowhere to go.

yeah that was me, however I think everyone knows how fast vince can change his mind. I recieved a phone call yesterday morning that Doug's cousin who is also a friend of mine passed away. So within 2 weeks he has lost his cousin, his grand mother and his job. And with the way things have been going this past week with vince, I wouldn't doubt that he hasnt misplaced some of the releases. especially since Al Snow is not released, he is just done with his in-ring competition.

Nothing like Winter cleaning. Some of them will catch on with TNA for what it is worth, or maybe even the MTV show

yawn

they were nothing special so of course TNA will pick them up and probably say this is the greatest thing to ever happen to TNA

Nothing special? I beg the differ, I mean Doug Basham and Danny Holley are some of the main ones that got the ovw on the map as a traning facility for WWE, doug has been working on and off tv with wwe since 95. so I think it is kinda crappy for vince to do something like that, and then envoke a no compete clause in their contracts, and the way wwe's no complete clauses are are between 30 and 180 days, which is crappy as well, there are some people that they could have done without yes, but, when vince get can-happy I think it is a load of crap, it isnt the wrestlers fault he refuses to use them, especially when he has places for them.

I am really suprised about Al Snow's release. He's been in the company through thick and thin. He's gone through so many gimmicks and so many jobs, I assumed he would have been there til he decided to leave. He's done pretty much everything in the WWE from wrestling to commentating, to a head trainer in OVW and MTV's Tough Enough.

I am not suprised that the Basham's have beeen released. Ever since they ended their bdsm gimmick, they have pretty much have done nothing on camera. And now that Paul Heyman is gone, their is no real use for them at all. Maybe since one of the Bashams are seeing Gail we could see them in a tag team. Especially with 2 of their teams being disperted. It leaves a opening for a new team.

I am also not suprised with Terkay's release. With the new guy coming in playing the Russian MMA fighter who loves double double e, there was really no use in 2 similar gimmicks.

Alot of the ECW guys only signed onto 1 year contracts with extensions if chosen to renewel. So I would expect to see alot of those guys getting cut in the summer.

Technically though, I thought it was said that Snow wasn't actually cut, he's just no longer an active wrestler, just a trainer now.

Give the new Russian MMA guy a few months and I bet he'll be following Terkay out of Double Double E ;)

Yea I didn't know if Snow is still a trainer or not.

I'm still waiting for the I love Double Double E shirt. Maybe they will give him a mail order bride with EE's as his valet. lol I found it odd that Vince didn't atleast have the 2 feud before his release. Has anyone heard how the Russian MMA fighter is in the ring? Is he the guy that was signed in the fall or summer based on his size, and was pushed to go to a brand, that everyone has been disagreeing on?

Yeah thats the guy. Apparantly hes horrible in the ring. But you know hes big. And vince can own him. Unlike Terkay. I liked Terkay a lot. i thought he had a future in the business. The writters and bookers crapped on him on Smackdown, so they moved him to ECW, where he had 1 match that I can recall. So instead of pushing the Man Bear, were going to get double double e man in main events torwards the end of the eyar. Fantastic.

Jazz I expected to be used as a trainer fo rthe Divas. Guess not. Rodney Mack was working as a trainer as well, Im surprised he was let go. It sucks about the Bashams. I was hoping they could be part of a tag team revolution. They were a good team, even though they obviously look nothing alike. Sucks about Mamaluke too. I enjoyed his matches. CW Anderson really never did anything for me, so Im not sad to see him go. Sucks hes out of a job, but he wasnt used. Ever. So it only made sense.

Yeah, it would have been cool to see The Bashams reunite as a Tag Team again, once the S&M gimmick ended I kinda liked them more with JBL. As far as the Russian MMA guy goes, I believe he is the same dude Jerry Jarrett brought to WWE Headquarters last summer.

It would be a great move at this point for the Bashams to join TNA. The breakup of many of the top tag teams has really thinned the number dramatically.

I am not really surprised that any of these wrestlers were released. I guess when you run out of creative gimmicks and there's so many backstage politics going on, releases seem to be inevitable, and even more so since Vince did this to Rico and others.

It would be gold if Helms could somehow be released soon(though I doubt it) and go to TNA. He would dramatically be an asset to the X-Division. The cruiserweight division isn't doing too well either so that's part of the reason why he is holding on to the belt for so long.

Well Doug lives in Tampa now so it would be effecient for him to go to TNA, however, I still say the lack of TNA's touring is going to kill them. But, not only is it effecient for him living in the area, he will be working with his fiance again. But I personally feel this is a bad move on vince's part, I feel as though most of the firings are in the wrong. It isnt any secret about the stuff with him being mad a Hogan, so what is there to do, I mean he can't do anything to him, so whats the next best thing? get rid of people who he feels are a waste to the company. and if I will admit that some are a waste, but when you have people on the active rosters like Kalhi, Cena, Jamal, Randy Orton, Kenny, Lashley, MVP, Monty Brown, etc. and people like Doug Basham get canned because of the companies misuse, then it is, well IMO, Bullsh!t. Plain and simple. He could have been a front runner, most of those people could have. With the exception of Jazz, i mean it kinda doesnt pay off to have an ugly broad among ones like Trish, Victoria, Lita, and Mickey James, at the time. But likew I said they all could have done well if given an opportunity.

lol you all act like the bashems were the be all end all

TNA TNA TNA

god how i long for the days of strike force vs the hart foundation when we're "mourning" the loss of the bashems

big deal :rolleyes:

Well Doug lives in Tampa now so it would be effecient for him to go to TNA, however, I still say the lack of TNA's touring is going to kill them. But, not only is it effecient for him living in the area, he will be working with his fiance again. But I personally feel this is a bad move on vince's part, I feel as though most of the firings are in the wrong. It isnt any secret about the stuff with him being mad a Hogan, so what is there to do, I mean he can't do anything to him, so whats the next best thing? get rid of people who he feels are a waste to the company. and if I will admit that some are a waste, but when you have people on the active rosters like Kalhi, Cena, Jamal, Randy Orton, Kenny, Lashley, MVP, Monty Brown, etc. and people like Doug Basham get canned because of the companies misuse, then it is, well IMO, Bullsh!t. Plain and simple. He could have been a front runner, most of those people could have. With the exception of Jazz, i mean it kinda doesnt pay off to have an ugly broad among ones like Trish, Victoria, Lita, and Mickey James, at the time. But likew I said they all could have done well if given an opportunity.

that's exactly why the bashems were canned they couldn't draw flys to a dumpster you think it would be any better in TNA? they would go nowhere there fast too

Getting rid of Terkay really pisses me off. He's a legitimate badass, and I thought he was doing well on SD. Coupled with Burke to do his talking for him, I thought those guys had tons of potential. I really enjoyed their segments. Thanks a lot, Vince - you big prick.

Seth Skyfire, Jack Bull, and Ryan Reeves were all released from WWE today. All three worked in OVW and had been appearing regularly on Ohio Valley Wrestling TV.

Ryan Reeves was a contestant in the Million Dollar Tough Enough competition who was later signed to a WWE developmental deal.

Jack Bull signed his developmental deal last year. He had recently been feuding with Joey Mercury in OVW.

Skyfire had been a long tenured performer in OVW, holding the OVW TV and Tag Team championship.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE