Hasbro ML Ultimate Iron Man figure

MST3KFan

Well, I've lucked out twice thus far in finding the elusive Hasbro ML 1 line...well, all but Ultimate Iron Man. It's like both times I've come across the toys on the shelves, they're picked through, but only Ultimate Iron Man is the one gone. Otherwise, I got Planet Hulk, Banshee, White Queen, Hercules, and X3 Beast easily.

I'm mainly getting this line for the Annihilus build-a-figure...which it seems once I have it built, will have one pink hand and one purple one. LOL

Of course, without Ultimate Iron Man and the body for all the pieces to go on that I have it's rather difficult to build him. >_O

I guess I'm just curious as to if anyone else has come across this problem as well?

Are people believeing that the whole helmet on Tony's head on some versions versus the helmet being seperate on others in package are variants and going to be worth something?

I just need that ONE last figure, and it's annoying how badly the stores are at re-stocking...or getting more, whatever the case may be.

It makes me wonder for when the second Hasbro ML series of figures comes out now.

It's one of the better figures in the wave, but part of the problem is that the MOC completists are buying both of them when they find a fresh case because there's a 50/50 split with helmet on and off versions. I was lucky enough to find him about a week after the first batch, but I was pissed that whole week because one of those MOCers beat me to Target by about five minutes when I found the wave the first time.

I just bought this figure at Wal Mart, and I am severely dissappointed.

The first thing I noticed was his head, his Tony Stark head, which is, A. too small, and B. looks barely human. It could possibly be a malformed Thai boy with the hair style of a gay roman from twelve A.D.. Then, I noticed his hands. No one ever holds their hands like this unless they are palming a basketball! It looks completely unnatural. At least they could have given him fists, or better yet, realistic looking open hands. At the very least they could have given him kung foo grip so he could hold things. The next thing I noticed is the fact that the Iran Man armor barely looks like Ultimate Iron Man. I have followed the comic, The Ultimates, from issue 1. I like to draw, and I very much enjoy comic art. I buy comics as much for the art as for the stories, and I can fin no comic where the Ultimate Iron Man armor looks much like this at all. It is as if they took several different artists interpretations, and simplified it, taking out as many lines and details as possible, untill you have a bland barely detailed peice of crap. Then, looking at it further, I noticed that the foot and abdominal articulation don't have any range of motion at all whatsoever, making them completely useless. All they manage to do, is take away from an already poor sculpt. I really like this character, and I usually really like this toyline, but I really hate this toy,

The first thing I noticed was his head, his Tony Stark head, which is, A. too small, and B. looks barely human. It could possibly be a malformed Thai boy with the hair style of a gay roman from twelve A.D..

@loll@

I really like this character, and I usually really like this toyline, but I really hate this toy,

I'll take him!

Saw 'em, bought 'em. I've seen him in a few places (and just today actually) but he's not really all over the place. You might just be having a run of bad luck; I wouldn't worry too much.

If you don't want the figure too badly I can just give you the Annihilus torso. Got no other reason to keep it.

Anyone else amused by this? I mean, for all the years of the complaints about getting Iron Man, Wolverine and Hulk figures...who is the first to sell out in the assortment?

Interestingly, at my Walmart store, we had TWO complete sets of Apocalypse BAF wave, minus Wolverine and Maestro.

Anyone else amused by this? I mean, for all the years of the complaints about getting Iron Man, Wolverine and Hulk figures...who is the first to sell out in the assortment?

Interestingly, at my Walmart store, we had TWO complete sets of Apocalypse BAF wave, minus Wolverine and Maestro.

HA! Would you believe TRU Times Square still hasn't put out Hasbro ML figs? Neither has KB Toys in Manhattan Mall or Kmart in midtown. I'm still waiting for the big retailers to put them out because the comic shops have them all for over $12 at least and online retailers are starting at $12.99 plus shipping. :( TRU did put out Spidey Origins about 2 weeks ago and Ghost Rider figs early this week. Hasbro ML can't be far behind, they have a HUGE empty wall where they normally put ML figs. KB Toys put out SPidey Origins this week. I just hope I get there soon enough before Herc and IM get picked out by the masses. I'm still missing Iron Spidey too... just not fast enough wabbit. :P

How ironic. I've been able to grab Iron Man, Hercules and Beast, but haven't found Banshee, Hulk or Emma (at least for a respectable price in the $10 range...the comic shops have them for about $20).

Not too worried. They have yet to be sen in Toys R Us (at least by me), so I'm sure those three will be easy to get.

My walmart got like a half case of these or something tonight. It was a box with just one of each figure. That was all they got. The lady who was unloading them tonight is really nice, she always helps me get wrestling figures, and someone had opened the box before she got to it and took the Emma figure. The only one I wanted. I was going to get Hercules, but he had big red spot on the side of his face formt he paint. It looked like a mole. The Planet Hulk had the green arm. I didnt look at Iron Man or Beast, but they were both in there. I was sad to see the banshee really does look as bad as he does online. But are these 6 figures cases normal?

When I got to my Walmart, they had only 1 complete set left...minus Iron Man.