Would you support an artist-specific Marvel line?

Jin Saotome

Would you support an Artist-specific Marvel line?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support an artist-specific Marvel line?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Only if it was an artist I liked.

I love DCD because of just that. They have scale issues, but I love seeing different versions based on an artist impression. Everyone has their favorite character and they see him/her in a very different way than the next person. Who is to say that this artist is the definitive guy to do this character?? i love them all, and if Hasbro were to do a line like this, I would want them to reduce the articulation like the DCD so it could have the same visual quality.

if they kept tehm seperate lines it could work. I personaly like figures based on soem artists. I love the mcguiness (sp?) figures and always get those......but some others like the turner stuff i dotn think really translate well, or at least so far they dont maybe if they got diffent sculpters

so yes, id like to see them

No, keep all the waves compatable with each other!

DCDirect is a total mess cuz of this artist specific crap & the scale issues are even worse!

I would love an line like this but I would wand Marvel Select to produce them and I would want a drastic cut back in articulation so that the sculpt could be seen better.A few that come to mind are...

Adam Kubert Wolverine line

Joe Madureira Uncanny X-Men line

John Romita Jr Thor and Punisher line

Joe Quesada Daredevil line

Steve McNiven Civil War line

Jim Lee X-Men line

Brian Hitch Ultimates line

John Byrne Fantastic Four line

George Perez Avengers line

Dave Finch New Avengers line

Frank Cho Mighty Avengers line

Dale Keown Incredible Hulk line

Alex Ross Marvels line

Lots of posabilites there...

Ooh, all good replies! Yeah, a lot of factors would have to be sorted out like articulation, character line-up, etc, in order for people to take a definate stand on if they'd buy a line like that.

Some of you like artist-specific characters, some of you don't. I'm glad to see there are actually people who like them! Here I was being told by everyone at the Dwoosh that it was blasphemy, asking for a Jim-Lee anything. Polls rule, hehe. I'll probably make a more specific one later on too.

Let's see. We're now down to a DC Direct-style line of artist specific figures. Hmm, no retailer would ever carry that. Marvel Select wouldn't produce it(they're lucky to get their single figures out on time.) Hasbro sure wouldn't do it.

So it becomes pointless and moot. :)

Let's see. We're now down to a DC Direct-style line of artist specific figures. Hmm, no retailer would ever carry that. Marvel Select wouldn't produce it(they're lucky to get their single figures out on time.) Hasbro sure wouldn't do it.

You're right man. Hasbro only likes to do one figure line for each of their liscences. Nothing unleashed in the way of dynamic sculpting, nothing that's made for just the collector in mind with friendly packaging and new sculpts/extra articulation. You're right, no retailer would ever carry a line where the figures looked professionally done like the Inde line.

Guest Steve Rogers

I would love the idea! But then again, I buy a few DC direct figures that I like.

But I get excited thinking of a set of Cap – Kirby, Colan, Byrne, Perez….. WOW!

And then have a set of Marvel ladies done A’la Hughes & Cho…..

Yeah; that would sell

You're right man. Hasbro only likes to do one figure line for each of their liscences. Nothing unleashed in the way of dynamic sculpting, nothing that's made for just the collector in mind with friendly packaging and new sculpts/extra articulation. You're right, no retailer would ever carry a line where the figures looked professionally done like the Inde line.

Never said that they only like doing one line. Spider-man Origins, Spider-man Origins 8", Spider-man Classics, Spider-man 3, Marvel Legends, Marvel Legends Icons, Marvel Heroes, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, Marvel Attactix, Marvel Superhero Squad, Marvel Titaniums($15), Titaniums($5). And that's just so far this year.

Unleashed? Yeah, those static Star Wars figures did so well. They cancelled the line, made it 2 inches, then rereleased the 7" ones in bigger packages for more $$$. Have fun with a Jim Lee set at 7 inches, $19.99 a piece, and static. That's exactly what you originally intended, right? But then again, they couldn't even get them to look totally accurate.

Hasbro already says ML is for collectors. They would look at any additional line of 6inch Marvel figures for collectors as redundant and unnecessary. Why waste resources on that when they can use them on something more appealing like those Face-Offs that sold so great?

Heck, they won't even listen to all the fans demanding 6" articulated GI Joe and Star Wars figures.

NO!

I hate the DCD figures because they do not go together at all.

if they did the same with Marvel, I wouldn't buy any of them (although I may not be buying a lot of the Hasbro figures anyways)...

however, many times the figure can fit right in if the artist doesn't have a drastic stylized drawing technique... (i.e. the Superposable "McFarlane" Spiderman fits right in with my other figures, the "Ramos" Green Goblin does not)

I didn't vote because the options don't suit my thoughts. It's not that I would or wouldn't support an artists specific line, and if there was such a line, it wouldn't have to be from an artist I liked. If I like a figure I buy it.

I am however all for a wider range of figures.

+1 to that.

Well ive got to say yes I would buy them for two reasons

1:Id buy anything marvel and in scale

2:Id be a hypocrite to say no as I would just put them on a seperate part of my display if they were stand out different from regular ML just like i will be doing with my Marvel MOVIE figures.

I mean they dont fit in with comic legends but i still buy them.