Hasbro's Emma Frost

stormfan

I finally found Emma today at Walmart #US1#

Anyway, I was testing the flexibility of her joints and such, but did anyone notice that here elbows turn completely around? I was bummed there wasn't any wrist articulation but then I figured that out, so it kind of makes up for it I guess.

At first I thought I broke her @grumpy@

What do you guys think of the elbow joint? Would you want to see it again in future female (or male for that matter) Marvel Legends?

I wouldn't so much worry about the joints as I would that GOD AWEFUL FACE! What's up with that? Its horrible.

Even though that's a matter of opinion as well, we won't see Emma's head on other ML figures from now on, so we might as well let that go (besides, it's been discussed into the ground anyway), but we might be seeing a permanent change that could last a long time in this line.

While I may be one of the few who actually like Emma Frost's figure, the only thing that really bugs me is the lack of wrist movement. Yeah, the face sculpt isn't the greatest, but I can deal with that.

I'd also like to know whats up with the lack of bicep joints on Emma, as well as the lack of cut joints in certain parts of all the figures. I'm used to having the little cut joints down by the feet, as well as having articulated hands. I find the fact that Iron man, Beast, and Banshee all have that "oh pshaw" pose that you cant get away from.

*facepalms*

I was before, rolling my eyes constantly at all the "doom" sayers, but I'm honestly starting to get disgusted with it. They're charging more money for an inferior product....bah.

Sorry, rant over.

Back on topic, thanks for cluing me into the elbow joint, I didn't notice it.

:D

I strongly dislike the GI Joe elbow/shoulder construction on the Marvel figs in general. Emma can't even pose with her hands on her hips. It bothers me that the elbows only bend to about 90 degrees. I'd much rather have visible peg holes as opposed to the limited range of motion. Ask the same question when She Hulk and Ultimate Wolverine come out. Granted Ult. Wolvie looks like he'll have other issues too, but, those pathetic elbows are really going to show how bad they actually are on that fig, IMO.

While we're talking about articulation changes, in the first 15 series of ML, how many single-card figures had no waist swivel? Particularly with regards to female characters, the waist swivel has been oft debated as a choice between sculpt aesthetic vs. articulation. I would much rather have the waist swivel. While not an ML, I was really bummed that XMC3 Rogue had no waist swivel, nor did the Iron Spidey fig (no wrist/shin swivels either), nor did Emma Frost (no wrist/shin swivels either), nor will She Hulk. I'm not sure which bothers me more, the new arm artic. or the lack of waist swivel.

I didn't know that about emma's elbows... I like her, I actually do... I think she is decent when compared to some others I have considered buying.

I just have to wait to get her, definitely it's beast first.

to be blunt, i don't care for emma's elbow joint, and in general, that type of elbow joint. why? b/c it is not a very accurate mimic of actual human motion. if you look at how your own arm rotates around the elbow region, the rotation actually occurs at the mid bicep region. that means your articulation would be better placed there. yes, yes, there is the argument over sculpt over articulation, and if you look at it, the mid bicep swivel, when executed properly (many toy biz ml figs, sota street fighter, and mattel dc superheroes figs do this quite well), blends very nicely into the look of the arm. having said all this, i still prefer the mid bicep swivel w/ either a single and/or double-elbow joint combination. the hasbro style of combining rotation and hinge motion right at the elbow doesn't look right, esp when you pose the fig in "hero pose." again, look at when you do hero pose in the mirror (yeah, you know you do it from time to time as well, so don't look so surprised! @loll@ ), you'll see your upper arm turn and rotate along w/ your lower arm...w/ this hasbro style elbow articulation, all you're getting is turning and rotation w/ the lower arm -- below the elbow.

it's funny, i used to like this hasbro style of elbow articulation b/c it did cut down on the locations where the cuts are made and made articulation more "efficient," in a certain sense...but you don't necessarily want to sacrifice accurately representing human motion over efficiency, and that's what you do when you introduce this kind of articulation.

AFR

to be blunt, i don't care for emma's elbow joint, and in general, that type of elbow joint. why? b/c it is not a very accurate mimic of actual human motion.

True but people can't exactly turn their heads all the way around or swivel their wrists 360 or turn their legs completely around. @smilepunch@