Do you have the hardcover of SW: Dark Lord?

Cmdr_Y

I just bought a hardcover Star Wars: Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader off of eBay. I think the seller sent me a book club edition. Before I get all mad on this guy I want to verify that. If any of you have the hardcover, can you check the inside from flap of the dust jacket and tell me if the price is listed at the top.

Usually the real hardcovers have the price listed in there and the book club editions don't have it listed AND they say "book club edition" on the front inside page.

The book I have doesn't have the price, is the smaller book club edition size BUT it doesn't say book club edition on the title page.

That reminds me -- how big is your hardcover - the one I got is pretty small, about 8 inches tall.

Let me know and thanks!

I just bought a hardcover Star Wars: Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader off of eBay. I think the seller sent me a book club edition. Before I get all mad on this guy I want to verify that. If any of you have the hardcover, can you check the inside from flap of the dust jacket and tell me if the price is listed at the top.

Usually the real hardcovers have the price listed in there and the book club editions don't have it listed AND they say "book club edition" on the front inside page.

The book I have doesn't have the price, is the smaller book club edition size BUT it doesn't say book club edition on the title page.

That reminds me -- how big is your hardcover - the one I got is pretty small, about 8 inches tall.

Let me know and thanks!

Got a picture of it?

The original publisher's hardcover is about 9.5" x 6.75", has the price on the inside front flap and and a UPC on the back of the jacket.

PS

I checked myself as I have the book here. But for future reference, you can usually find out even the measurements of a publisher's book on Amazon. It lists this book at 9.5 x 6.4 x 1.1 inches.

Got a picture of it?

eh -- it looks exactly like the normal version -- just smaller which you wouldn't be able to tell from a picture.

The original publisher's hardcover is about 9.5" x 6.75", has the price on the inside front flap and and a UPC on the back of the jacket.

PS

I checked myself as I have the book here. But for future reference, you can usually find out even the measurements of a publisher's book on Amazon. It lists this book at 9.5 x 6.4 x 1.1 inches.

thanks for your help. The seller is playing dumb -- saying that he doesn't know the difference between the two releases. He says he bought it off of eBay himself. I feel ripped off, but for $8 it's not that big of a deal. I'll just have to remember to ask about book club/mass market before bidding on hardcovers. I should have known that before anyway.

I think my brother got a couple books like that.. yu cant tell form the picture(and those ebay pics really suck).. he collects all the books and only wants the book clubs of the paperbacks(cause they're hardbacks).. and he got stiffed a couple of times.