New Spider-Man Classics

Scott

Well, I guess that's the end of the collector's involvement. I've got no interest here, though the Lizard is at least cool looking. All of them have very simple paint jobs. It looks like a real step backward compared to what we're used to.

Ah well. It had a good run, and it looks like there will still be some cool toys here and there. I kinda lost hope a long time ago though, so it's not so much of a loss. Ever since armored spidey was a horrid imoblie wreck and the only version of Ben Reilly's costume we got was that tall, gangly sculpt with the botched paint job. It only takes a few figures getting ruined (ones that you were REALLY looking forward to) to lose hope.

They can do whatever they want with the line now (not that they couldn't anyway) there are alot of other toys I like collecting.

Yeah, these figures signal the end of ML. C'mon, there's a little thing called variety. I have a feeling that there will be product available for everyone. Transformers and Star Wars have a wide assortment of product out. Tin sets, Vehicles, Titaniums, comic packs, and classics are all available, and cater to different audiences. I know I am indanger of getting flamed here, but it seems like some folks are looking for reasons to hate Hasbro. Am I their biggest fan? No. Have they messed up before? Yes, and they might again. But to me, complaining about what MIGHT be is putting the horse before the cart. These figures aren't going to appeal to everyone, but then again, ML and MS don't either. And what is the problem with making a line for kids? Are figures JUST for adults these days?

I collect Marvel figures, and have since Toy Biz first put them out. Now I know not everyone collects like that any more. And I know that some folks have dumped their older figures in favor of ML. And I have no problem with that. What does bother me is the opinion that since these figures aren't ML style, they're isn't room for them.

Just my 2 cents

These are a massive pass for me. I'm just not into the movie/cartoon based representations of the characters. The articulation is a real concern as well and what I miss the most is the hand/finger art that Toy Biz used to offer.

What's the point of a character looking angry if they can't make a fist.

Oh, it's the little things I miss.

Yeah, these suck pretty hard...

I got a little excited when I first saw the thumbnail of a new Kraven skulpt, but then I enlarged it... looks more like Kraven Jr. and... OH MY GOD! WHAT HAPPENNED TO HIS LEGS?!? HE CAN'T MOVE HIS LEGS!!! SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!

At least I have the new Indie licences from Marvel toys to look forward to, and I might save some money now that I won't be buying Hasnothing's products. Then again, I'll probably just buy more SOTA and NECA stuff...

Do you think anyone at Hasbeen reads this stuff?

Yeah, these figures signal the end of ML. C'mon, there's a little thing called variety. I have a feeling that there will be product available for everyone. Transformers and Star Wars have a wide assortment of product out. Tin sets, Vehicles, Titaniums, comic packs, and classics are all available, and cater to different audiences. I know I am indanger of getting flamed here, but it seems like some folks are looking for reasons to hate Hasbro. Am I their biggest fan? No. Have they messed up before? Yes, and they might again. But to me, complaining about what MIGHT be is putting the horse before the cart. These figures aren't going to appeal to everyone, but then again, ML and MS don't either. And what is the problem with making a line for kids? Are figures JUST for adults these days?

I collect Marvel figures, and have since Toy Biz first put them out. Now I know not everyone collects like that any more. And I know that some folks have dumped their older figures in favor of ML. And I have no problem with that. What does bother me is the opinion that since these figures aren't ML style, they're isn't room for them.

Just my 2 cents

Im with you 100%. These may not be spectacular by collectors standards, but they will definatly grab a ten year olds attention. The way I see it, them more kiddie fodder they sell, the more money they will have to put towards the big kids lines. Besides, they are just toys after all.

Does anyone actually like what Hasbro's doing? I swear I haven't seen a positive remark about hasbro's marvel toys.....almost ever. Well, at least now I can focus on filling in the gaps in my ML's collection and get the characters I missed out on!

I'm strongly convinced that REGARDLESS of what Hasbro would have done or not done, you'd see a boat load of complaints, personally, I see many of these complaints in this thread as being baseless assumptions on the future of the brand.

These are toys geared towards kids, like the Fast Action Battlers from Transformers or the Galactic Heroes/Superhero Squad. Hasbro is likely well aware that these are not products collectors want, but that is what Marvel Legends is for.

Geez louise! Could we please stop with the "Hasbro killing ML" talk just once? Talk about jumping the gun! I'll agree that these blow but from what I'm seeing I'm sure this is just a 5" kiddie line like people are saying.

And for the record, not everyone hates what Hasbro is doing. I really like the Origins line and wave 1 doesn't deserve half the criticism it gets imo.

The Lizard doesnt look too bad but looks a bit too stylized for my tastes. Kraven and Rhino completly suck ass IMO. I hate ultimates. And I hate these statue toys. Doc Ock and Goblin are pleasent surprises however IMO. Look closely at Ock's headsculpt. It resembles Alfred Molina pretty well. The only thing about Ock that rubs me the wrong way is the golden tentacles.

Well, the scuplts maynot be my cup of tea, but I think they're ok. If these are in 5" scale, then I personally think Hasbro may need to re-look how sucessfull Toy Biz was in their Marvel toylines from 2000 and onward(Not just ML, but their other ones from movies, cartoons, character/team based, etc), because eventhough some people maynot have liked those toylines, most would agree that most of the figures they had very good scuplts, a great amount of articulation, and they were pretty much all 6" in scale, making them pretty much in scale with each other(Not always perfect, but still good). Thus, you could have you're movie figures interact with comic book based figures, and what not. Even toylines that people compained about(Spider-man 2 having too much Spideys, and the same with X2 for Wolverine and Hulk Movie with Hulk in the 1st 2 waves at least), they still saw some postives in it, usually do to the articulation and sculpts.

Guest DavAnthony

Well, the scuplts maynot be my cup of tea, but I think they're ok. If these are in 5" scale, then I personally think Hasbro may need to re-look how sucessfull Toy Biz was in their Marvel toylines from 2000 and onward(Not just ML, but their other ones from movies, cartoons, character/team based, etc), because eventhough some people maynot have liked those toylines, most would agree that most of the figures they had very good scuplts, a great amount of articulation, and they were pretty much all 6" in scale, making them pretty much in scale with each other(Not always perfect, but still good). Thus, you could have you're movie figures interact with comic book based figures, and what not. Even toylines that people compained about(Spider-man 2 having too much Spideys, and the same with X2 for Wolverine and Hulk Movie with Hulk in the 1st 2 waves at least), they still saw some postives in it, usually do to the articulation and sculpts.

I think that is Hasbro's problem though. They have a tendency to lean towards being arrogant. ToyBiz is a lot smaller of a business then Hasbro and hasn't been around for as many years as Hasbro so I can't see them looking at how successful ToyBiz was with the line and just accepting it. They will say "well we can do better" we're a bigger and better compnay (which is open to quite a bit of debate).

The main problem people had with ToyBiz was that the plastic was rubbery (which has been an on and off again problem with Hasbro's Star Wars line) and that at time some of the figure broke out of the package. These were the only areas that needed improvement and Hasbro should of just accepted that.

Instead they seem to of watered down a product that was already great.