Transformers Movie Megatron and Optimus Prime Prototypes

Mike

I guess I would be acting out the frenzied fanboy role if I said I hate these and think they're the worst Transformers toys ever?

The movie's attempt to shuffle and absorb kibble has resulted in the toy's inability to hide it AND make them resemble the film's characters.

They are excellent toys, and I willprobably buy them for their coolness factor... but they feel like they've taken a step back to the RID Car Bros. instead of modern Energon/Cybertron/Alternator ingenuity.

Tom

Wow, I'll have to see em in color and the final product but those don't look half bad which is suprising cause I have not liked most of what I have seen so far!

Allso leo, $90 versions?.. Huh?.. I have not been keeping up with the toy news SO I have no idea what they are doing movie wise

as far as I know, there is only ONE planned $90 dollar Bumblebee toy which the price is due to the heavy electronics (voice activation). I don't think they are doing any other oversized transformers.

These ones look to be around voyager/ultra size

they are growing on me..

I hate the designs for the movie, but these are alright, because they still keep the chunky legs and arms and stuff that are obviously impossible to get rid of, if they wanted to transform.

I like big chunky transformers

... but they feel like they've taken a step back to the RID Car Bros. instead of modern Energon/Cybertron/Alternator ingenuity.

Tom

Yeah, those RID Car Bros. robot modes were hideous. Especially the feet, they look like they're running around with Barbie's feet. Since when did TFs have human calves? @loll@

The sucky part is poor Prowl had to come back as one of em.

Okay, I'm liking the Prime. He actually looks like he means serious binness. :P

Although, I'm not feeling Megs..... he's actually looking alot better than the earlier Insectoid versions we've been seeing. Hopefully, Frank Welker gets the voice acting job for him. #US1#

Wow, I'll have to see em in color and the final product but those don't look half bad which is suprising cause I have not liked most of what I have seen so far!

Allso leo, $90 versions?.. Huh?.. I have not been keeping up with the toy news SO I have no idea what they are doing movie wise

hey synch you can see the smaller looking op in color at tformers.com under transformers at the left toolbar and gallery where it's talking about SS and the Pontiac Solitce(sp)

OMG

I really want these.

I think there are going to be 3 versions of it.

The version in the first pic, the version in the second pic... and another version as seen on Tformers.com

as far as I know, there is only ONE planned $90 dollar Bumblebee toy which the price is due to the heavy electronics (voice activation). I don't think they are doing any other oversized transformers.

These ones look to be around voyager/ultra size

$80, actually. Someone found a listing in the Target Computers for "Ultimate Bumblebee", whatever that might be.

As for Prime and Megs....YES. OH GOD SEX YES.

Yeah. In my opinion, Transformers have lost their "robot" type of feel due to all of the articulation that has been added to them.

Of course, I somewhat feel the same about Marvel Legends for a different reason - the added articulation on those things makes the females not look like females (another story entirely).

I agree - The ratchet-style joints are better. At least on the legs/hips area.

The first pic megs and prime almost look to have ratcheting joints.

I don't like the Prime in the second pic, his upper legs seem way too long, and is it just me or does it look like his torso and hips don't connect properly. It almost looks like his upper body is floating. And I'm also a bit worried that Prime has no left hand. I mean what are the chances they put the same gun in the left hand for both proto pics. There's nothing I hate more than a Transformer not having two hands. I don't mind as much if they don't have hands at all (like alt rumble or even the megs pictured above) but why give them one hand and have another be something ridiculous. Beast Wars (and Snarl from cybertron) really annoy me because of this.

remember guys, these are test shots and prototypes..

don't worry about pieces being on wrong, mis-transformed and wires and electronics hanging out the back :P

these are just to give you an idea to what the toys will look like. they aren't necessarily final designs

Yes just test shots... once they get color and the final product we may all wind up hating them just the same heh! Primes smokestacks can become a gun I just noticed... kinda neat...

Impressive! I kinda like the second Prime better; looks easier to play with. However, I've got enough Primes for my tastes so I'll probably pass him up.

Megatron on the other hand is a sweet lookin' robot toy! I'll be keeping an eye on that one and see how it turns out.