Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

I got my assorted Marvel Legends figures in the mail the other day...I scored an AOU War Machine along with a Marvel NOW Iron Man. I also got the CW Cap and Iron Man figures as well. They're great. I was really looking forward to posing my CW Iron Man in his "palms-out-repulsor-blast" pose, but his wrist joints are molded in such a way that he can't quite pull it off...it's more like he's just waving at someone awkwardly. (lol)

• 4 weeks later...

I was perusing through the Amazon Prime day sales & if you're a prime member they have the "Avengers Movie" 4 pack on sale for $36 for their Prime Day sale...I got the set w/Thor, Dr. Banner, Hawkeye & Black Widow...I was holding out till something like this happened...so here's the link, the sale for this ends in 5 hours & at this point its only 10% claimed.....

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=gbps_ftr_m-5_c722_page_4?ie=UTF8&node=13887280011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_r=8Z1ZFC73RR5AT8ZN4YZV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=befd7e4e-db39-4a3b-8c7a-595fb8a4c722&pf_rd_i=13887280011&gb_f_GB-SUPPLE=enforcedCategories:165793011,dealStates:AVAILABLE%252CWAITLIST%252CWAITLISTFULL,page:4,sortOrder:BY_PRICE_DESCENDING,MARKETING_ID:PD16%252Cjuly12devices,dealsPerPage:16&nocache=1468362145361

I forgot to post that I was out last weekend looking for the Civil War 2 pack exclusive as Walfart (didn't find shiii.) I stopped at an Walgreens & found a few boxes of Namor. I picked him up....not a bad fig all in all.....

I forgot to post that I was out last weekend looking for the Civil War 2 pack exclusive as Walfart (didn't find shiii.) I stopped at an Walgreens & found a few boxes of Namor. I picked him up....not a bad fig all in all.....

I've been hitting both TRUs in my area playing catch-up with G.I. Joe 50th but haven't found JACK ML-wise. Same for Wally-World (kinda goes without saying right?), and I still refuse to shop at Target.

Luckily, my sister is a pharmacy courier so I can have her check at the Walgreens' she stops at for Namor (I just have to explain what a Namor is).

Its to d--n hot for toy hunting.

I've been hitting both TRUs in my area playing catch-up with G.I. Joe 50th but haven't found JACK ML-wise. Same for Wally-World (kinda goes without saying right?), and I still refuse to shop at Target.

Luckily, my sister is a pharmacy courier so I can have her check at the Walgreens' she stops at for Namor (I just have to explain what a Namor is).

Its to d--n hot for toy hunting.

Its cool that your sis is going to hook you up, be careful because they have paint issues for sure....I counted 8 Namor figs on the shelf & 3 of them were decent...the problem he has are his dreamy eyes haha.....couple of them look unpainted & slightly off giving him an dull look....some minor spots on his chest as well.....my gf rolls her eyes when I put a toy back because of paint splotches.....sometimes I'll buy the damned thing if I feel it's the only figure I'll find....like the Marvel Legends Kraven I bought...I hadn't seen him anywhere so I bought the only one I found that had some paint issues...but later I took him back when I was able to secure an decent looking one...now 2 months later Kravens are all over the place along w/the BAF Odin series....anewayyyys lotsa luck hunting, you madman

2c30824b-afe9-4698-b3e3-92b1630ea382_zps

Its cool that your sis is going to hook you up, be careful because they have paint issues for sure....I counted 8 Namor figs on the shelf & 3 of them were decent...the problem he has are his dreamy eyes haha.....couple of them look unpainted & slightly off giving him an dull look....some minor spots on his chest as well.....my gf rolls her eyes when I put a toy back because of paint splotches.....

Yeah, she's pretty cool about it...of course it doesn't hurt that I send the occasional trashy vampire-themed romance book or pack of Shopkins her way. As for QC, its probably just been the luck of the draw, but I've yet to come upon any real issues with the Walgreens stuff. Not even Agent Venom, which was kind of infamous for them in the beginning.

I hear ya Mako....that's cool she's looking out for you, I guess Namor has been out for a bit now, other boards have been finding them as well, seems like Walgreens delivers on their exclusives....fuggen Walmart is a total lottery aneway....I went out of town over the weekend,, took a drive up north & just had to stop a Ross & the Wal family.....Mart & Greens....even stopped at 2 thrift stores & one high plains garage sale in the desert wasteland...at the Ross they had the "little aisle that could"....small small smalllllll toy section but packed full of the gootness.....

20160716_142534_zps8yxohxuf.jpg

These 18" figs are kinda of hit & miss for me...I have some of the Star Wars figs, I've seen the DC stuff as well....but this is my first time seeing the Marvel offering & its kinda short....the fig itself feels really flimsy...this should be priced at $5.......but they're asking $13 for this hero......if you need your spidey fix

Went to Ross & found some cool framed Marvel Comics pictures....they get the over flow from Target, Hobby Lobby & Bed, Bath & Beyond....everthing from small 3D pics w/Spiderman, Hulk, Iron Man, Cap to the wooden wall plaques to the larger framed hard posters to the oil replicas....it was beautiful imop.....okay back to toys....nothing really at Ross, Marvel figure wise...buttt at TJ Maxx they had Ant Man BAF Ultron series...the TJ I stopped at had Giant Man & the Wasp for $10, they also had older Marvel Universe 3. 75" Sandman & Spiderman w/the Green Duct tape on him...those were $10 too...don't know why....the had an Marvel 2 pack w/an dark Hyperion & some other dude...that was $15....

I found the Civil War 3 pack with Spidey and battle damaged Cap and IM today. Really on the fence about keeping it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great set, but I spent a lot of money today.

Cons:
I've made a limit for myself on movie figures of not buying an more costume variations of guys I already have. This rule would be broken for Cap and IM.

Spidey, while very cool, has a "bare bones" feel. When his movie hits we will see this figure again with interchangeable hands, maybe interchangeable head.

I don't typically do "battle damage" figures.

I have no reason to believe this set will be any different from all of the other recent multi packs and go to deep discount eventually.

Pros:
Great Tony Stark head and IM effects.

I think the battle damage does look cool. Especially on Cap's shield.

Spider- Man does look great.

UUUUGGHHHHH!

Finally found Namor. Hoping this breaks the ML drought in my area. Maybe by this time next week I'll even have physical proof the X-Men Legends wave isn't just some cruel hoax. ;)

Cool man...good luck w/the Xmen wave....I haven't seen hide nor hair....the BAF Odin, if you can believe it Ultimate Green Goblin, Ultron, Hulkbuster are still clogging the shelves here in the Phx area....good luck Mako....

Finally found Namor. Hoping this breaks the ML drought in my area. Maybe by this time next week I'll even have physical proof the X-Men Legends wave isn't just some cruel hoax. ;)

Cool man...good luck w/the Xmen wave....I haven't seen hide nor hair....the BAF Odin, if you can believe it Ultimate Green Goblin, Ultron, Hulkbuster are still clogging the shelves here in the Phx area....good luck Mako....

Thanks, I'm keepin' the faith. Around here its Odin, Hulkbuster, and the occasional piece of Absorbing Man.

If you want a case of X-Men, Dorksidetoys has them at cost with free shipping. Currently sold out but I think they restock often.

I haven't bought a full case of a wave in quite a while but this one is totally worth it.

Don't think I haven't considered it. I'm usually all about "The Hunt," but around here its either been torrential down-pours or near triple digit heat. That tends to take the fun out of hitting the brick 'n mortars.

Off early on this friday...stopped at local Terget before an doctor's visit (getting old is getting old) they "reset" their aisle somewhat...action fig aisle is one aisle.....they had Rhodey & Disco Armor Iron Man (Rave Iron man?) $40.....they actually had a case of the BAF Juggernaut/Badas#Xmen wave....all the heavy hitters were gone...I salute the lucky bastid who made off w/DeadPool, Wolvie, Phoenix, Rogue & Cable...the rest were waiting but I'm gonna hope for Xmas maybe?...later I stopped at Toysrwedontpickupthedamnedphone.....but this particular store did...they had some interesting stock that arrived from eastern shores.....they had the 6" Legends 3 packs....Spidey/BustedCap/SloppyTony at least 5 by my count...& the had the other.....I maybe in the minority (no pun) but I really dig Sam Wilson Cap, might be gaudy in real life but in the toy scale its color shines imop

20160805_163129_zpsqgindivz.jpg

I put my set on lay-away....3 more payments & she's mine....muuricahh...& trust me I didn't miss the fact that KB looks like she suffered an career ending knee injury rest assure were doing x-rays & immediate therapy & we'll put her on IR, see how she practices & then go from there....I'm Marvel's biatch....they had some Neca Terminator Figs that had some promise but those had to wait....they still had the BAF Onslaught wave...and I have no idea why I didn't take an picture of the 12" Legends...I have no idea..I guess they had so much new stuff I was overexcited & wasn't thinking straight....Caps/Spidey/Ironlad.....50 buxx great sculps, they have great promise....but no twisty waists?....but still great work, if you don't collect & just want a few cool pieces..these are it...sorry no pic....head in arse moment...see you in 3 more payments Avengers... @doom@ @Spidey@ ...sometimes old folks forget....the Vision is alive, visually vibrant, swimming in the yuletide color & cheer, xmas in Choo-lie, not a bad rehash...I believe he's the 3rd Hasslebro version of the Vision?

Xmen Wave dropped sometime during the week....stopped at a couple of Targets this morning...the only figs left were Ice Man, Havok & sometimes Jean...Nary any Deadpools,Wolvies, Cables & Rogues...Kitty Pride is hit & miss...I conveniently stopped at an Target to use the facilities...& check their toy aisle...8 a.m. I spot an fellow hunter waiting patiently at the door....in my mind asking what's his game?...Hotwheels? Legos? Star Wars?...gotta get that Deadpool....he's standing next to the restock cart, but the Target dude shuts him down....we have to wait about an hour for them to restock...no cheating or peaking at the small castle of boxes hiding the bounty inside...I can almost feel that they have them....haha using da force....so I wander around, at this Terget & all of the others, they had the Rhodey & Acid Iron Man for $40....at least 3 on the pegs...1 of the T's had the new 3 pack w/Spidey/BustedCap/BeatdownTony for $60, ouch....ran some errands & came back no new legends....called the dude & he looked it up....sold out across my part of the valley...except one store right where I'd least expect it to be.....on the sage advice of my Gf, I call that store....after 5 acid indigested minutes finally somebody from toys was on the horn...paint by numbers exchange...I had to explain what the X-men were, what price, size, variety & probably in the star wars aisle...she found them....I kid you not, she goes through every figure & asks me 2 times what I was hunting for?...."Deadpool.&..Wolverine, red guy & yellow guy" calmly, soothing not screamy in any way....good manners is good karma....my heart is kinda beating in my ear....she names every Xmen but the droids I'm looking for...I was hanging up, putting my cell away from my face & I hear "hoooolld up sir! boom Deadpool & Wolverine right here!".....I politely ask her if she could set those fine items aside, she agrees....I give her my name & she tells me they'll be at electronics....one nervous hour later I arrive....I walk up to an empty register....dudes are stocking & I can see plastic crack on the counter...after some referrals an clerk hands me the package & I feel like Jules Winfield & Vincent Vega after they shot the nerds & got the briefcase.....the clerk remarks "man those are cool, did we have those?" I relate how this wave is sold out mostly everywhere....hard to find yada...another hunter walks up & I can't tell if he was for real or pulling some S....he saw that I had 2 figs from the wave.....he asked how I got em?..I called ahead...he then relates that he called them too....he called them yesterday & they were holding them for him......(I'm not making this up)....time kinda slowed down as my mind was trying to swallow some buuuuuullspiiit...I just smiled & gave him a bit of my sandwich....then I walked away....to another galaxy, to trip the aisle fantastic @peace@

Finally happy to add this lil' lady to my collection. I plan on using her with my Boss Fight Studios V. HACKS, not really with my Marvel figs...

20160812_184716-1_zpsivocrjog.jpg

I cringe at the $10 a 4" figure, but I don't buy as many as I used to, so not that big a deal I guess.

I found that Kate Bishop TRU EX set today, I feel like I should have waited till a sale or coupon to pick it up. Oh well, I guess I can always return it. Although I did snag a set with good paint apps and Kate's leg isn't all warped looking in the package.

now in stock, if you are interested lmk

14039905_1075904669123499_35626241004750