Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

At one un-local Wahmart I spotted the whole new wave Black and White Deadpool(very kewl look & accessories), Mystique (loaded w/enough weapons to take down Canada), Dr. Doom ( who I should've bought but didn't) Iron Man (yup another of the seldomly made Iron-min, wearing his more trashcan like armor-which I like but its just doesn't speak of sleekness or being nimble, more of a Frankenstein's monster kind of lumbering), U.S Agent? I realize they hafta reuse figure parts to minimize production costs, U.S. Agent just seemed like regular 2pt shot from paint while some of the others seemed to be a slamdunk. Buttt the cost is what's keeping me away in droves from this line. I love the MU Legends line, I collected the old line (stoopid mistake to let my nephews play w/em, they either broke lost or stole quite a few of them) and this line is awesome but not almost 20bux w/tax a fig awesome Cmonnnn Mannnn. At Least most of the Diamond Select's come w/scenery at almost the same price.....

And where was that Walmart?

I live in the Phoenix area, it was at the Walmart off the south 202 on gilbert road. Thats a far cry away from phoenix but it was the only that had the new stuff in and still on the pegs.....15.96 per fig

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I snagged an Unleashed Hulk the other day at The Disney Store. It may replace my original Marvel Select green Hulk as my favorite Hulk. It's simply amazing. I also found the darker Captain America variant at Walmart today. I finally found one with a good paint job. Any time I've found one in the past, the silver on his star was always crooked or sloppy, and his overall paint job was a mess, especially on the head. The one I found today is near perfect. It was the first one I had seen in quite awhile, and this particular one was the last one they had.

I snagged an Unleashed Hulk the other day at The Disney Store. It may replace my original Marvel Select green Hulk as my favorite Hulk. It's simply amazing. I also found the darker Captain America variant at Walmart today. I finally found one with a good paint job. Any time I've found one in the past, the silver on his star was always crooked or sloppy, and his overall paint job was a mess, especially on the head. The one I found today is near perfect. It was the first one I had seen in quite awhile, and this particular one was the last one they had.

Congrats on your find, I got that Cap figure a couple of months ago and I love it, I saw the Hulk a couple of weeks back in my local Disney store(my wife wanted to check some things for our daughter and I don't mind setting foot in the store now since they sell Marvel stuff) but didn't buy it since I didn't like the Swamp Things like veins in the chest but I have seen pictures of it on the net and it looks impressive especially next to other 6'' figures plus it looks better than the previous Hulk, glad you finally got a good Hulk.

Thanks Belmont! I showed it to my wife, and she said it was uglier than the Jabba the Hutt statue I used to have. (lol)

I was actually looking for a restock of Juggernaut, which I understand may happen in January, according to the lady that rang me up. They also had the unmasked movie Spider-Man, but...I just can't seem to get past those horrid orange eyes. Otherwise I love the new movie design.

Thanks Belmont! I showed it to my wife, and she said it was uglier than the Jabba the Hutt statue I used to have. (lol)

I was actually looking for a restock of Juggernaut, which I understand may happen in January, according to the lady that rang me up. They also had the unmasked movie Spider-Man, but...I just can't seem to get past those horrid orange eyes. Otherwise I love the new movie design.

The Juggernaut is an awesome figure one of Marvel Select offerings, I have a webpage bookmarked with their shipping schedule which includes their reissues but it hasn't been updated in a while I'll keep an eye out for a Juggernaut restock and let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Belmont! By the way, I scored a Disney Store exclusive Marvel Select classic Thor on sale for $12.99 the other day. After all these years I just find myself loving the character after dismissing it as silly for so long. He's like Lord of the Rings, Conan the Barbarian, and Superman all rolled up into one character.

Thank you Belmont! By the way, I scored a Disney Store exclusive Marvel Select classic Thor on sale for $12.99 the other day. After all these years I just find myself loving the character after dismissing it as silly for so long. He's like Lord of the Rings, Conan the Barbarian, and Superman all rolled up into one character.

Same thing happened to me I always dismissed the character, but then I read the J Michael Straczynski run on the character, I saw Thor on a new light and it's one of my favorite stories, great mythology. As for hauls I score the Disney Store Exclusive Spider Man Fearsome Foes box set.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about you guys in the US, but here in Singapore, 2013 Marvel Legends are showing up in toys r us outlets. Just picker up 2 x-once Wolverines and a Classic Archangel.

It is my understanding that they haven't hit US stores yet, people that do own them odered them online.

I have not even seen wave 3 in any stores

Same here. TRU is stocked full of the past ML waves, and at $20, I wouldn't buy them there anyway. My Targets have room but they seemingly refuse to restock. My Walmarts are a waste of time even going there.

I just want US Agent!

I found the Marvel Select Flash Thompson Venom over the weekend. I vagely remember seeing something about the character recently and thinking it was very cool, but I didn't know what his backstory was, why he was carrying weapons, and I wasn't aware he was Flash Thompson until I read the packaging. I love this figure!! And doesn't he come in the "Fearsome Foes" box set? I saw it recently too with a big question mark over my head. (lol)

I thought I had seen you mention it somewhere, Belmont, but I couldn't be sure. I was suprised to find it single-carded, along with The Lizard from the "Fearsome Foes" set that was single-carded as well.

Maybe I'm just not keeping up very well, or I'm not paying attention, but recent Marvel Select releases have been complete suprises to me, like G.I. Joe were back in the day, way before the advent of the internet...I'll just walk into a Disney store, and *bam*, there's a new figure I didn't know was coming out! (lol)

I don't know if this has been brought up but the Hit Monkey wave is showing up on ebay.

I don't know if it's due lack of love for modern Marvel, but I find the idea of a "Hit Monkey" to be completely ridiculous. What's the story with this dude? Please don't tell me he's like Deadpool, only a monkey. Anyway, the figures look cool, but this wave will probably be a pass for me. Really can't wait for Jean Grey though.

I don't know if this has been brought up but the Hit Monkey wave is showing up on ebay.

I don't know if it's due lack of love for modern Marvel, but I find the idea of a "Hit Monkey" to be completely ridiculous. What's the story with this dude? Please don't tell me he's like Deadpool, only a monkey. Anyway, the figures look cool, but this wave will probably be a pass for me. Really can't wait for Jean Grey though.

Yeah, as far as this wave, I will probably pick up Cap, Iron Fist, and Protector. I like the look of Hyperion, but I don't want a one man Squadron Supreme. I don't really have a want or need for a couple of different She-Hulks. I may pick up the Sentry to replace the TB version.