Jase

Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

From what I have heard the Target computers/registers blocks the sale if the product is street dated and not even a manager can override it. I saw that they were preordering these in Target.com but I have no doubt that these will be easy to get.

Brothers and sisters, I have had me a weekend. Wolverine Rider set arrived Saturday as planned, ditto the Sp//der wave. Of course a nasty little storm also arrived. Big trees uprooted, street signs up-ended, and electricity out in areas all over the city... including at Casa Mako.

So I got to spend a glorious weekend of blistering sun, nearly 100 degree heat, and killer humidity all without the burden of air conditioning or electricity. Still, powers been back on for a little over an hour and a half. I'm gonna sleep like a baby, then tomorrow morning I'm gonna take a shower for about an hour, do laundry... and open my toys dang it!

Glad I'm self employed, cause I got about three... no four mental health days coming.

Found a Domino at Target, price matched it to Amazon which has it for $12.98 and with that the Sasquatch wave is complete. I finally completed a wave this year, now if I can find a Mysterio for retail price then I can be on my way to complete another wave from this year. 

After weeks of occasionally checking Amazon, I was able to score a Mysterio for $19.99, finally! My Target has been getting a steady supply of X-men figures(which is surprising since last Marvel Legends they got were the Infinity War Thanos wave) so I was able to score a Sabretooth and today I was able to pick up Wolverine and Multiple Man so I cancelled my preorder from Entertainment Earth. Part of me was sorry I had to cancel but they were cheaper on Target and I didn't have to pay shipping, score one for Brick and Mortar. 

My Apocalypse case is shipping now from dorksidetoys but I did score a purple hair Psylocke from Target today.  The figure is pretty awesome and I love her attachments.  Dorkside told me there is a high probability I will be getting the purple hair version in my full case as well, we'll see.  Whatever I get from them, I'll either keep it or return it.

9L3miNt.jpg

Stopped at my local Target in upstate NY and they restocked the X-Men wave. I saw Wolverine, Multiple Man, Magneto, Gladiator, and two black hair Psylocke. Another friend let me know she found Storm at another Target about forty minutes from me.

I also stopped by Walgreens today. Nothing...

38471794_2071434006453184_6949538486890266624_n.jpg

So far I've been to two Targets and found Gladiator, Magneto, Wolverine and Multiple Man. I should note though that these stores were just beginning the process of resetting, so I'm sure more are to come.

(They also had most of the Marvel Studios sets, but I just can't get excited for those.

On a side note, anybody ordered Psylocke from Megalopolis.toys? I just ordered one this afternoon and I'm kinda curious which version it might be.

On 8/5/2018 at 5:47 PM, mako said:

On a side note, anybody ordered Psylocke from Megalopolis.toys? I just ordered one this afternoon and I'm kinda curious which version it might be.

I ordered from BBTS and am wondering the same thing.

Not a true sighting, but Silver Surfer is up for sale on Walgreens.com. This is one character I am most excited for in 2018, definitely top 5. Can't wait to get my grubby little paws on him!

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:12 PM, joenubb said:

I ordered from BBTS and am wondering the same thing.

Mail man just delivered my package from Megalopolis.toys and I'm opening it now.

The winner is... PURPLE HAIR!

Guess that makes since, Megalopolis' corporate colors appear to be white and purple (seriously, even the bubble-wrap is purple).

In either case, it wouldn't have been a deal-killer, but I'm glad it worked out this way.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, mako said:

In either case, it wouldn't have been a deal-killer, but I'm glad it worked out this way.

Mako, you're an idiot.

So upon further examination, my wonderful purple haired Psylocke, which I paid slightly above retail + shipping for, came with a defective Apocalypse leg. Finding no mention whatsoever of a return/exchange policy on the Megalopolis site, I contacted customer support. He gets back to me this afternoon telling me they'll be happy to exchange the figure, they just have to wait for their Psylocke allotment to have one TO exchange (despite Psylocke being listed as "In Stock" on their site) so he has no idea when they'd be able to do it.

See, this is why I HATE ordering online.

Yay! Replacement Psylocke is on the way. Or it will be once the prepaid shipping label arrives and I return the defective one.

UPDATE: After yet another FUBAR with their system deleting the email that was supposed to contain my return shipping label, my defective Psylocke is finally on its way back to Megalopolis toys.

The things I go through for this hobby.