Jase

Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Retro 6" Wolverine was back in stock this morning on HTS. With the Cyberweek discount I scored him for 16.33 shipped. Not bad considering Amazon has him listed for 30+ and the blood-suckers on Ebay are listing it for anywhere from 30+-40+.

Also snagged the Star-Lord vs. Ego 2-pack over the weekend. Got it site-to-store from Target.com, so it only ran me 17.97 with tax.

Gotta love those holiday prices for figures you only "sorta" want.

Dropped into Wally-World for some last minute Thanksgiving shopping yesterday to find the place pretty much in disarray as they were setting up for Black Friday. Good news is I found a haphazard stack of Marvel retro figures there (a couple Punishers, one Black Widow, and an Iron Man). Hopefully, this means the bloody things have finally reached saturation so the online prices will return to sanity.

hmm I don't remember seeing any at my Walmart at all

Five Below has these 3.75 inch figures

- Magneto

- Captain America

- Jessica Jones

- Ultron (gold)

- Spidey 2099

- Captain Marvel (repack)

- Spider-Man Noir (repack)

I'm waiting for the movie Thor/Valkarie 2 pack to take a price dive, then I'll spring for that one. Otherwise I think my ML buying is good for the year. Not very tempted to get the "vintage" wave or even the TRU Hydra guys.

I'm waiting for the movie Thor/Valkarie 2 pack to take a price dive, then I'll spring for that one. Otherwise I think my ML buying is good for the year. Not very tempted to get the "vintage" wave or even the TRU Hydra guys.

As far as the Hydra set goes, I want it, but if I don't find it, that's okay to. I'm not so married to the MCU figures that I have to have the Thor/Valkyrie set, it just so happens its a very nice set so I to will pick it up when the price reaches a place I'm ready to meet at.

As for the Retros, I admit they are all solid figures and I have no regrets getting them. Although, a lot of that is the fact I have gotten the entire wave but Iron Man at well below SRP (bless you holiday discounts!), and yes, I'm even gonna go the distance and snag that Iron Man.

Pretty happy about a couple of Toybiz variant scores: Brown pants Cable for $15 and Captain Marvel Genis-Vel for $12. Can't complain about those prices. Yeah...I still like and pick up Toybiz stuff when I come across it.

Really enjoying my Retro Iron Man figure. Honestly, the scale isn't nearly as wonky as everyone makes it out to be, and man, he looks good standing with my other comic-based figures.

I know I complained at first, but after getting 'em, I got a whole laundry list of Retros I wanna see them carry on the line with.

My Namor from the Black Panther wave just arrived today. My wife wasn't quite down with an almost naked male action figure. But as someone who likes to collect "classic" looks of characters, I offered no apologies. This is a rare instance where a Hasbro figure takes the place of a Toybiz figure on my display shelf.

One thing I like a lot about this guy is the trunks. They could have easily coped out and done printed-on scales (a-la "vintage" Captain America) and this still would have sold, but they did an all new crotch with sculpted scales. Nice!

Dropped into my old Wally-World to see if they had actually stocked the Black Panther figures yet. No dice. Oh, I did get there just in time to see the stock guy just finish putting an entire case of Spider-Man: Homecoming figures out.

Yeah.

That says just about all you need to know about the Benton, Arkansas SUPER Walmart.

Target and TRU have Black Panther figures now. Just saw some today at Target.

My nearest Walmart doesn't stock Marvel Legends. At all. Not even a spot for them since their latest reset 6 or so months ago....

Target and TRU have Black Panther figures now. Just saw some today at Target.

Yeah, I figured. Unfortunately, my closest TRU isn't much better than Walmart as far as stock goes, and the more reliable one is a bit out of my way to make a casual run in hopes of getting lucky.

And dang, I hate going to Target.

Sub-Mariner arrived this morning. Great figure as usual. Went with the bearded head, it just gives an extra bit of cool to the character.

Now just need to track down Blackbolt and the Klaw set, then I can concentrate on the MCU figures.

Ice finally melted enough to get on the roads, so I made a bee-line for Wally-World and picked up Blackbolt. No sign of the Exclusive BP, but I'll try again Friday.

I found a lone Klaw/Shuri set at TRU today. I wasn't planning on picking this up but they did a really good job on Klaw and I felt the need for some classic Marvel villains. I grabbed it and immediately sold Shuri and made back half my money on the set. Klaw looks great with my Walmart Black Panther.

I was not a fan of reusing the Mary Jane head for BW which caused me to almost not buy here. But I did. Finally cracked her open and was looking for potential head substitutes and I think I found it.

I was also not a fan of this original Phoenix head. She now has one of the 3 that came with the Cyclops/Dark Phoenix two pack, so this one was just laying around. I actually kind of love it as a Black Widow head. She's got that mean, killer look in her eye and I always pictured my comic Black Widow with big hair. I think I found a winner.

vRC1rzY.jpg

I guess I'm the only one who dug the MJ head on BW. To me it just has that, for lack of a better word, "Russian" quality. Slightly haughty, stern and fatalistic, yet seductive. I'd be willing to bet that head was always meant to be Black Widow, it's just to good.

I guess I'm the only one who dug the MJ head on BW. To me it just has that, for lack of a better word, "Russian" quality. Slightly haughty, stern and fatalistic, yet seductive. I'd be willing to bet that head was always meant to be Black Widow, it's just to good.

I like the head a lot, I just don't want MJ and BW to be twins. MJ got here first, plus I love those freckles, so she keeps her head and BW gets a new one.

Picked up the last three figures in the Okoye wave: MCU Black Panther, MCU Nakia, & MCU Eric Killmonger (best villain name EVER).

Now just have to score the Shuri/Klaw set.

Saw some vehicles from the 6" kiddie line that I'm thinking about getting as well: the Mechanical Rhino thing and the Panther Jet. They look ridiculous, but I never sneeze at a 6" scale vehicle. Gonna poke around and see how well they work with ML before I pull the trigger though.

Looks like Mr. Fantastic has been found at retail in Ky. Guess I better start hitting Walgreens again.

Well, I bought Nakia and "basic" Shuri from Target then went home and ordered the rest of the BP wave (minus Iron Man) on amazon. I guess I've got the Black Panther fever.

Ordered the Thor & Valkyrie set and will be heading out to pick it up tomorrow.

Yeah, same. $20 at Target for the two pack is a good deal.

These movie figures with the digital face printing have me by the balls.

Tell me about it. When those "First 10 Years" sets hit I'm gonna be spending insane amounts of money.

Tell me about it. When those "First 10 Years" sets hit I'm gonna be spending insane amounts of money.

Basically I'm expecting everyone already made before the digital printing to be remade using it. That's a lot of rebuying.

Basically I'm expecting everyone already made before the digital printing to be remade using it. That's a lot of rebuying.

Works for me. That's actually what I've wanted them to do since they first rolled out the face-printing tech. That and an MCU Sif with a really great Jaime Alexander likeness.

Mission accomplished.