Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

4 minutes ago, mako said:

Sadly, the other online retailers are no better. One has great shipping but over-charges for it, another has a decent shipping charge but takes forever and a day; and they all have the mark-up (which increases exponentially with more sought after figures). Don't even get me started on the Ebay blood-suckers.

The only place you really get a square deal is at brick-n-mortar . . . IF you beat the scalpers, repackagers, BAF thieves, fake bar coders, the multi-buyers (gotta have one to open, one to hang on the wall, and one to put toward the kids' college fund), AND the store in question actually stocks anything.

Great little hobby we have here, isn't it?

The employees at the stores are just as bad if i ever catch one of them ill leave em on the isle lol gamestop employees walmart employees target you name it they some scalpin ass beetches!

1 hour ago, mako said:

COOL! Virtually every action figure I currently want is available on Amazon . . . 

Of course the 19.99 msrp versions with free two-day shipping are mostly "Temporarily Out of Stock," but they do have a wonderfull selection of 30.00 dollar versions of the same figures which should arrive sometime in February.

Funny how that works out, right?

Those aren't technically Amazon, those are just 3rd party vendors using Amazon to sell stuff.

11 hours ago, JayC said:

Those aren't technically Amazon, those are just 3rd party vendors using Amazon to sell stuff.

True, but there is something to be said for taking responsibility for what goes on on your site, especially if it carries that "Fulfillment ny Amazon or "Prime" notice.

On 1/21/2019 at 3:17 PM, Belmont13 said:

Keep checking Ross, I have seen people in Facebook post that they found the Thor there too. As for Iron Man it can still be found for less than retail but not as good a price as these ones on Ross.

Aww, man...I jumped the gun last night and bought one on eBay for $24.94. I thought that was a pretty good deal, but I would have loved to find one at Ross for even cheaper...

Thanks for letting me know, though, Belmont!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats, Mako! I walked into a Gamestop awhile ago and snagged a Marvel Legends Captain America vs. Crossbones two-pack on clearance for twenty bucks...it was sitting in the clearance section with a $40.00 price tag on it, but the guy behind the counter said everything on clearance was half-off the yellow clearance sticker price...which was odd because that's what I thought the regular price was, but anyway. I was thrilled to say the least...

I also scored a "bomber-jacket" Captain Marvel, regular Captain Marvel, and Nick Fury, also at Walmart. These figures seem to get better and better with every wave...

Picked up the rest of the Captain Marvel wave, except for Fury. last week. Ordered Fury off Amazon. Now I just have to track down the Kingpin wave.

I've still yet to see hide nor hair of the Black Panther or Retro 2 waves.

• Thanks 1

Both my Walmart and Target have the Captain Marvel waves they both have the same figures, seems that Nick Fury and Bomber jacket Carol are the most sought after. I thought this wave would be more abundant considering the hate both it and the movie are getting.

• Like 1

Finding things in the wild has just been too tough lately.  I have been able to find all online well before they start showing up in stores in my area.  

Except for Gamestop.  Gamestop has really been hitting it hard lately which is great for them, but their prices are just a bit high for my tastes.  A good sale now and then makes that better.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:47 AM, Belmont13 said:

Both my Walmart and Target have the Captain Marvel waves they both have the same figures, seems that Nick Fury and Bomber jacket Carol are the most sought after. I thought this wave would be more abundant considering the hate both it and the movie are getting.

Na, the line isn't getting any more hate than any other MCU-heavy wave ever gets. Same with the movie.

On 2/5/2019 at 12:40 PM, TheBeardedBlindman said:

New to the community! Glad to see that finding waves in the wild is just as difficult across the country as it is here in NC. Still no sight of the Kingpin or 2nd Black Panther waves... never even sniffed the X-Men 3rd wave! Sucks!

Welcome!

I'm new here too! What's up guys? I must admit that I've been somewhat lucky in my ML collecting. Finished both the Captain Marvel and Black Panther waves. Almost done with the Kingpin wave too. Getting Silver Sable and Red Goblin in the mail tomorrow. They were on amazon for regular price last Friday.

• 6 months later...

I had my Hydra Supreme and Gladiator Hulk wave Ares waiting on me when I got home from vacation last night. I got Supreme off eBay and Ares was sent to me by a friend for me at a comic shop. Not a crazy haul but two I was happy to finally get my hands on

On 8/17/2019 at 7:57 AM, JHS1988 said:

I had my Hydra Supreme and Gladiator Hulk wave Ares waiting on me when I got home from vacation last night. I got Supreme off eBay and Ares was sent to me by a friend for me at a comic shop. Not a crazy haul but two I was happy to finally get my hands on

That's a nice haul, I saw the Ares only once and I pass on it since I already had the BAF and now it's one of the pieces I'm missing to complete the BAF, not that I'm dying to complete the BAF, mind you. I still need to get the Hydra Supreme two pack with Arnim Zola, I keep putting it off.

2 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

That's a nice haul, I saw the Ares only once and I pass on it since I already had the BAF and now it's one of the pieces I'm missing to complete the BAF, not that I'm dying to complete the BAF, mind you. I still need to get the Hydra Supreme two pack with Arnim Zola, I keep putting it off.

I started collecting after the Ares BAF was out of store and hard to track down. He was the last character I need to complete my Dark Avengers team(besides Ms. And Captain Marvel which I guess I need to find someone to do some customs of) and I really didn’t know what the deal with him being on the higher side was. Then I got him in hand and really is an impressive figure. And I’m a big Captain America fan so it seems there is always a new figure coming out to add to that shelf but this version is great and I really feel like it’s one of the better legends to come out recently 

On 8/21/2019 at 6:38 PM, Belmont13 said:

I still need to get the Hydra Supreme two pack with Arnim Zola, I keep putting it off.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvel-legends-supreme-leader-captain-america-arnim-zola-2-pack/6323963.p?skuId=6323963

Might be the time. It’s on sell now at Best Buy. 

• Like 1

I picked up my WWII Captain America with motorcycle yesterday and went ahead and preordered the Invincible Stealth Suit Iron Man. I really like this new version of this suit, I was hoping for the Samurai Suit but the stealth is nice

• 1 month later...

I've been in Sandusky, OH the past few days, and I got to check out my very first Meijer store...it's as if Walmart and Target had a baby. (lol) Anyway...I scored the 80th Anniversary Thor there...they're nearly impossible to find at home, so I grabbed one. I'm not usually a fan of Thor's classic look, but they did such an amazing job on this figure, I just had to have one. I love that it seems to be based somewhat on Alex Ross's artwork...it's even on the packaging. It just looks fantastic, and I'd love to have the rest of them, especially Cap.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2019 at 1:03 AM, Devilbat said:

I've been in Sandusky, OH the past few days, and I got to check out my very first Meijer store...it's as if Walmart and Target had a baby. (lol) Anyway...I scored the 80th Anniversary Thor there...they're nearly impossible to find at home, so I grabbed one. I'm not usually a fan of Thor's classic look, but they did such an amazing job on this figure, I just had to have one. I love that it seems to be based somewhat on Alex Ross's artwork...it's even on the packaging. It just looks fantastic, and I'd love to have the rest of them, especially Cap.

Cap is in stock in Walmat.com

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-Legends-Series-80th-Anniversary-Captain-America/413500830

Yes the 80 years figures are great work in fact I dare say they are some of Hasbro's best work. I recommend picking up the Iron Man as well as Cap the Big 3 look great together. If you can't find them in stores check amazon they seem to have a steady stock and I have even seen them drop in price there more than once.

• Like 1