Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

Paid a return visit to my nearest Walgreens. Still no joy in Muddville. It'll come though, just have to be patient.

On the upside, got my shipping notice from Megalopolis.Toys. Bishop, Omega Red, Wolverine-23, Poison and Scream are on their way.

Finally got my Dr. Octopus preorder from EE although they didn't shipped the other 2 figures I had preordered and so they got me good with the shipping, this is why I prefer Amazon. Speaking of Amazon I ordered Scarlet Spider from them so that's one less from that wave.  Target put the 10th Anniversary sets on clearance so I got the Cap/Crossbones 2 pack which is the one I really wanted.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, mako said:

On the upside, got my shipping notice from Megalopolis.Toys. Bishop, Omega Red, Wolverine-23, Poison and Scream are on their way.

UPS delivered my order today. If I didn't say it before, big thanks to JayC and his contest.

On 10/8/2018 at 3:39 PM, mako said:

UPS delivered my order today. If I didn't say it before, big thanks to JayC and his contest.

That's a good haul, besides Typhoid and maybe Spider-Ham, Scream is the only other figure from that wave I'm even remotely interested in. Congratulations on winning the contest.

38 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

That's a good haul, besides Typhoid and maybe Spider-Ham, Scream is the only other figure from that wave I'm even remotely interested in. Congratulations on winning the contest.

Yeah, I guess this has been my month for luck. A couple days after ordering those, I found Chickpool and Xpool on Amazon for considerably below SRP (doesn't happen often, but it DOES happen). Not only that, but my client is adding a nice little bonus to my check today.

I'm probably pushing it, but I'm gonna go for the hat-trick and hit the local Walgreens to look for Thing again.

Some days you get the bear...

Nope, still nothing (see what I did there? No THING). I haven't actually checked EVERY Walgreens in the Central Arkansas area, but I've gone through a large and wide enough sampling that I'm pretty sure ole' Blue eyes hasn't hit here... yet.

Did finally break down and pull the trigger on that Ross/Killmonger set. Movie figure or not, you can never have enough guys in suits.

Also snagged Chillpool at a Walmart, so not a total loss.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, Belmont13 said:

I hear you, I'm starting to think that if I want the Thing figure I may have to overpay.

Won't lie, I've considered going that route myself. But no. If the Has' wants me to buy it, they'll put it in stores where I can find it, and in numbers large enough that I have a fair shot.

I will sell... no scratch that, I will BURN my other Fantastic Four figures before I'll give one red cent to a scalper to finish the set.

Of course, Walgreens hasn't let me down yet, no reason to think they'll start now.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, Belmont13 said:

I hear you, I'm starting to think that if I want the Thing figure I may have to overpay.

Done. I ordered it off Ebay a couple minutes ago. Paid ten bucks more than at retail, but for that ten bucks, I bought my freedom. I don't have to go back to Walgreens two or three times a week to hunt for a figure I know isn't gonna be there.

I don't know why every Walgreens in the state of Arkansas dropped the ball on this one figure, and I don't care. For a mere ten bucks, I don't have to worry about it. I'd call that a fair trade.

• 2 weeks later...

YES! Thing is in hand! (snicker)

The trips to empty Walgreens, Ebay mark-up, post office delay (we really gotta crack that Transporter technology thing), it was all worth it. This figure is what happens when a company brings its A-game.

On 11/5/2018 at 12:58 PM, mako said:

YES! Thing is in hand! (snicker)

The trips to empty Walgreens, Ebay mark-up, post office delay (we really gotta crack that Transporter technology thing), it was all worth it. This figure is what happens when a company brings its A-game.

It's an exceptional figure.  He's going to be high on everyone's top ten of the year, I don't see how he couldn't be.

With Thing and Magik out of the way, the Retro Series 2 figures not yet having reached saturation, and not being quite ready to drop a dime on the HYDRA and AIM sets, I decided to take advantage of the brief lull in my ML collecting to fill a long-standing hole in my collection.

I hit ebay and managed to track down an MOC ML MOJO Series Falcon for a VERY reasonable price. Always kinda regretted selling off my original one, and since the Has' is dragging their heels with getting us a new one, I decided to correct my mistake.

Granted that funky TB articulation makes him look like a black version of the nursing home ghost from "The Unborn," but I still love that figure, and have a soft-spot for that classic Falcon costume.

• 3 weeks later...

Gamerverse Spidey arrived sometime this week. Honestly, between the cold from Hell and the brief respites provided by over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, my ability to gage the passage of time has gotten a little whonky. No idea what day it arrived. Great figure though. Might even be a worthy successor to Pizza Spidey.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:28 PM, mako said:

I hit ebay and managed to track down an MOC ML MOJO Series Falcon for a VERY reasonable price. Always kinda regretted selling off my original one, and since the Has' is dragging their heels with getting us a new one, I decided to correct my mistake.

Granted that funky TB articulation makes him look like a black version of the nursing home ghost from "The Unborn," but I still love that figure, and have a soft-spot for that classic Falcon costume.

I have the "modern" variant of this figure.  I wanted this one because the wings are bigger.  But I want to track down a classic one because I'm a "classic look" kind of guy.

So I found a classic TB Falcon on ebay loose with the wings stripped off, no accessories.  Basically a fodder figure.  This is fine with me because my plan is to swap out the arms from my modern Falcon.  It's listed for $15 OBO.  I offered $8.  $5 for the seller, $3 for shipping in a bubble mailer, but I got declined.  The search continues.

20 hours ago, yojoebro82 said:

I have the "modern" variant of this figure.  I wanted this one because the wings are bigger.  But I want to track down a classic one because I'm a "classic look" kind of guy.

So I found a classic TB Falcon on ebay loose with the wings stripped off, no accessories.  Basically a fodder figure.  This is fine with me because my plan is to swap out the arms from my modern Falcon.  It's listed for $15 OBO.  I offered $8.  $5 for the seller, $3 for shipping in a bubble mailer, but I got declined.  The search continues.

I paid $25 MOC. Of course being a ToyBiz figure the left hip was broken coming out of the package. The seller was cool enough to offer a $15 partial refund, and I MacGyvered a new hip joint using the hip from a Face-Offs Iron Man. Basically, I ended up with a "mostly" new Falcon for 10 bucks. Not bad.

• 1 month later...

Thank you! Yes, it looks awesome in hand...and it weighs a ton. I’d love to get my hands on the Iron Man and Thor from this line, so I can at least round-out a core Avengers mini-collection...

Finally got tired of waiting for ANY store in my area to stock ANYTHING, so I broke down and ordered Kree Sentry Captain Marvel off Ebay. At 21.99 it's the smallest mark-up I'm going to be able to get away with, so there's that.

On a related note, Amazon Prime better hang on to their selection of martial arts movies, cause they aren't winning any points from me for action figure selection or pricing structure.

6 hours ago, mako said:

Finally got tired of waiting for ANY store in my area to stock ANYTHING, so I broke down and ordered Kree Sentry Captain Marvel off Ebay. At 21.99 it's the smallest mark-up I'm going to be able to get away with, so there's that.

. . . and not two hours later the same figure is back on Amazon for 19.99.

Typical.

COOL! Virtually every action figure I currently want is available on Amazon . . . 

Of course the 19.99 msrp versions with free two-day shipping are mostly "Temporarily Out of Stock," but they do have a wonderfull selection of 30.00 dollar versions of the same figures which should arrive sometime in February.

Funny how that works out, right?

48 minutes ago, mako said:

COOL! Virtually every action figure I currently want is available on Amazon . . . 

Of course the 19.99 msrp versions with free two-day shipping are mostly "Temporarily Out of Stock," but they do have a wonderfull selection of 30.00 dollar versions of the same figures which should arrive sometime in February.

Funny how that works out, right?

Amazon are crooks ?

1 hour ago, Guuksan said:

Amazon are crooks ?

Sadly, the other online retailers are no better. One has great shipping but over-charges for it, another has a decent shipping charge but takes forever and a day; and they all have the mark-up (which increases exponentially with more sought after figures). Don't even get me started on the Ebay blood-suckers.

The only place you really get a square deal is at brick-n-mortar . . . IF you beat the scalpers, repackagers, BAF thieves, fake bar coders, the multi-buyers (gotta have one to open, one to hang on the wall, and one to put toward the kids' college fund), AND the store in question actually stocks anything.

Great little hobby we have here, isn't it?