Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

My Apocalypse case is shipping now from dorksidetoys but I did score a purple hair Psylocke from Target today.  The figure is pretty awesome and I love her attachments.  Dorkside told me there is a high probability I will be getting the purple hair version in my full case as well, we'll see.  Whatever I get from them, I'll either keep it or return it.

9L3miNt.jpg

• Like 1

Stopped at my local Target in upstate NY and they restocked the X-Men wave. I saw Wolverine, Multiple Man, Magneto, Gladiator, and two black hair Psylocke. Another friend let me know she found Storm at another Target about forty minutes from me.

I also stopped by Walgreens today. Nothing...

38471794_2071434006453184_6949538486890266624_n.jpg

So far I've been to two Targets and found Gladiator, Magneto, Wolverine and Multiple Man. I should note though that these stores were just beginning the process of resetting, so I'm sure more are to come.

(They also had most of the Marvel Studios sets, but I just can't get excited for those.

On a side note, anybody ordered Psylocke from Megalopolis.toys? I just ordered one this afternoon and I'm kinda curious which version it might be.

On 8/5/2018 at 5:47 PM, mako said:

On a side note, anybody ordered Psylocke from Megalopolis.toys? I just ordered one this afternoon and I'm kinda curious which version it might be.

I ordered from BBTS and am wondering the same thing.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:12 PM, joenubb said:

I ordered from BBTS and am wondering the same thing.

Mail man just delivered my package from Megalopolis.toys and I'm opening it now.

The winner is... PURPLE HAIR!

Guess that makes since, Megalopolis' corporate colors appear to be white and purple (seriously, even the bubble-wrap is purple).

In either case, it wouldn't have been a deal-killer, but I'm glad it worked out this way.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, mako said:

In either case, it wouldn't have been a deal-killer, but I'm glad it worked out this way.

Mako, you're an idiot.

So upon further examination, my wonderful purple haired Psylocke, which I paid slightly above retail + shipping for, came with a defective Apocalypse leg. Finding no mention whatsoever of a return/exchange policy on the Megalopolis site, I contacted customer support. He gets back to me this afternoon telling me they'll be happy to exchange the figure, they just have to wait for their Psylocke allotment to have one TO exchange (despite Psylocke being listed as "In Stock" on their site) so he has no idea when they'd be able to do it.

See, this is why I HATE ordering online.

Yay! Replacement Psylocke is on the way. Or it will be once the prepaid shipping label arrives and I return the defective one.

UPDATE: After yet another FUBAR with their system deleting the email that was supposed to contain my return shipping label, my defective Psylocke is finally on its way back to Megalopolis toys.

The things I go through for this hobby.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 6:24 AM, yojoebro82 said:

There are some gems in that wave.  Gamora, Manits and Nebula are all stunning.

Yeah, this wave is a winner, the sculpting and likeness on the movie figures is nothing short of great.

On 9/5/2018 at 8:45 AM, mako said:

Yeah, Comic Adam Warlock and Mantis were my big favorites from this wave.

The Adam Warlock looks really nice and it happens to be my favorite look for the character which he wore on my favorite Guardians of the Galaxy run.

I  managed to score an Omega Red and Bishop from the Deadpool/Sauron wave at Gamestop, it was a little bothersome paying more than the standard $20 for each but those were my most wanted from that wave and I didn't felt like waiting to see if I could get them down the line.

On 9/6/2018 at 6:24 PM, Belmont13 said:

Yeah, this wave is a winner, the sculpting and likeness on the movie figures is nothing short of great.

The Adam Warlock looks really nice and it happens to be my favorite look for the character which he wore on my favorite Guardians of the Galaxy run.

I  managed to score an Omega Red and Bishop from the Deadpool/Sauron wave at Gamestop, it was a little bothersome paying more than the standard $20 for each but those were my most wanted from that wave and I didn't felt like waiting to see if I could get them down the line.

I'll always consider this wave a major coup for me.

I was able to snag a case early, before its wide release.  I only wanted Nebula, Gamora, Rocket, and the Mantis BAF and to get her I knew I had to buy everybody.

The same day I got the case in the mail I took out the BAF parts and put Death's Head, Adam Warlock, Ex Nilly Nilly, and man scarf Star Lord on ebay for $50, $40, $30, and $20 respectively.  They all sold that day and I made my money back on the case.  So I effectively got the guys I wanted for free.

This is as close as I've ever gotten to being a dirty, rotten scalper.  I justify this by telling myself I never would have bought them had they not had the BAF pieces and the fact that I was not holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to buy.  I think if I would have gotten the case even a week later I never would have gotten those prices or may have even ended up being stuck with them.

We jump through a lot of hoops for this hobby.

I wouldn't label you a scalper,  you didn't buy the figures with the sole purpose of reselling them. In yours and a lot of people's case it was a side effect of the Hasbro's Marvel Legends business plan. You have collectors that only like movie figures, others comic figures and others want both but then we get to the BAF and whether it's a comic or a movie based BAF you are gonna collectors begrudgingly buying figures that they don't want in order to complete it, that's how they get you.  All that said, I do commend Hasbro, save a couple of missteps and corner cutting I do believe they are doing a good job of trying to get the product out there and most of the time there is something in a wave for everybody MCU or comic wise.

P.S. I also didn't care much for Deaths Head and Ex Nihilo.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, yojoebro82 said:

The same day I got the case in the mail I took out the BAF parts and put Death's Head, Adam Warlock, Ex Nilly Nilly, and man scarf Star Lord on ebay for $50, $40, $30, and $20 respectively.  They all sold that day and I made my money back on the case.  So I effectively got the guys I wanted for free.

So you pulled the BAF pieces and then sold the figures for a ridiculously inflated price... and you think you only came CLOSE to being a scalper?

Sorry bud, you're not jumping hurdles anymore, you've BECOME a hurdle that honest buyers and sellers have to jump.

2 hours ago, mako said:

So you pulled the BAF pieces and then sold the figures for a ridiculously inflated price... and you think you only came CLOSE to being a scalper?

Sorry bud, you're not jumping hurdles anymore, you've BECOME a hurdle that honest buyers and sellers have to jump.

I look at it this way:
If I go to Walgreens right now, I'm not going to find the new ML Thing exclusive.  I'm going to leave empty handed and it won't be because a dirty rotten scalper got there first.  It will be because Thing is not out yet.

So then why are there Walgreens Things on ebay?  It's because some people got them early by some other means than walking into a US Walgreens.  I don't know how, but good for them.  These Things are selling right now for $50-$60 to the people who don't want to wait.  I'm not mad at those sellers.  They're not the reason I don't own a Thing right now.  I don't own a Thing right now because it's not widely available yet.

I got a case of GOTG2 figures early.  Before they were widely available.  No one went to Target looking for Death's Head and came up empty because of me.  I didn't want half of them and I sold them to people who don't want to wait. 

However......if you want to think I scalped those figures, I can live with that.  But there was nothing dishonest going on.  I got the figures early, I chose to sell to people who didn't want to wait.  They knew exactly what they were buying, what was included in the sale, and what they would be paying.  There were no surprises for my buyers and they were all satisfied.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yojoebro82 said:

However......if you want to think I scalped those figures, I can live with that.  But there was nothing dishonest going on.  I got the figures early, I chose to sell to people who didn't want to wait.  They knew exactly what they were buying, what was included in the sale, and what they would be paying.  There were no surprises for my buyers and they were all satisfied.

Yeah, I apologize. I was outta line and came off way more harsh than I intended. (Kind of a d^^k actually.) There's absolutely nothing wrong in what you did, I do the same thing myself, most collectors do. That's how we supplement our toy buying budget in the face of constant price gouging and rising MSRPs.

Just seems like there's more and more scalping among even the "legitimate" e-tailers, and its gotten me a bit over-defensive. lately. Didn't mean to take it out on anybody. Sorry.

We good?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mako said:

Yeah, I apologize. I was outta line and came off way more harsh than I intended. (Kind of a d^^k actually.) There's absolutely nothing wrong in what you did, I do the same thing myself, most collectors do. That's how we supplement our toy buying budget in the face of constant price gouging and rising MSRPs.

Just seems like there's more and more scalping among even the "legitimate" e-tailers, and its gotten me a bit over-defensive. lately. Didn't mean to take it out on anybody. Sorry.

We good?

Apology accepted, sir!

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, joenubb said:

I've been calling my local Five Below looking for the GOTG wave, but no go. The manager says they've already sold out of what they received but to keep checking because they'll probably get more.

Not familiar with this "Five Below," but if it's at all like Dollar General (which I worked at for a few hellish months back in the day) then they really have no idea what's gonna come in on the truck from week to week. Corporate basically sends whatever they feel like sending, for their own rhyme and reason alone.

I've pretty much skipped most of the BAF waves since GOTG2...just haven't been in the mood..buttttt that Thing...he's definitely mines when he hits the shelf...that fig loooooks Great....I skipped the rest of the Fantastic 4 & I've made my peace with that......I could use a DeathHead or whatever that weird Alien looking predator dude's name is with the space dreadlocks....if anyone is selling for slightly Five Above I'm interested....haven't seen any figs round here in a bit...just a cool looking Gwenpool but I couldn't pull the trigger on her....

I don't know why I haven't hit a Walgreens in a few days...there's one 3 minutes from my house & one across the street at work....nope still just a glutton for Ebay & Amazon punishment...I even spotted Storm ML at Target today...she looked great but my money was earmarked for Theee Ben Grimm...the Hulk has been waiting for a rematch from back in the old 90s Toy Biz days.....No Thing for now but I did see that ML Storm & a few others I haven't seen before. No Multiple man yet though..Magneto looked cool but I think I have a at least 2 of him already lol...at Gamestop I did happen to spot the AIM 2 pack!!! it was $50 so it would be almost $56 & some change...I'm gonna wait for a coupon or money to rain down on me or perhaps a sale....but Just a heads up....They marked the 12" Black DeadPools down to $37, the Rainbow Deadpool packs are $45 now. 12" ML Black Panthers are now $44......I'll let your Aunt Petunia know if I see ole Ben....probably out there skulking around somewhere.....