Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

Domino came in today. Man, that's a great figure. I finally feel better about selling my last one off. Excellent job Hasbro!*

On a side note, screw you action figure gun purists with your .45 Longslides, M911s and P-90s. Give me a set of space-guns every time. Blasters, phasers, lasers, disruptors, disintegrators, or just plain Death Rays, I prefer a little sci-fi with MY fantasy.

* To bad Fox didn't do as well crafting the version from the Deadpool movie...

Give me a set of space-guns every time.

Personally I prefer more realistic guns but I'm not panicking like some people over Hasbro giving these space guns to some of their figures. They've given realistic guns to plenty of figure including the rents Netflix Punisher.

I just wish Domino's space guns were at least grey. Purple reminds me too much of 90s GI Joes.

I think the purple is some sort of homage to 90s Domino who had purple in her outfit, kind of like the Scourge figure's weapons had the colors of the D-Man outfit. Personally, when it comes to figure weapons I'm good either way, if I had to nitpick about something it would probably be the paint deco of the Sci-Fi guns, I wish it was more Sci Fi-ish sometimes but deep down I'm just glad accessories are included with the figures.

• 2 months later...

Robin Williams once said : "You know you're in trouble when you violate your own standards before you have a chance to lower them."

Well, with money from a very good business week burning a hole in my pocket, and NOTHING on the pegs anywhere in the great state of Arkansas, I violated my own standards... TWICE.

First, I ordered a KO Pizza Spidey off Ebay to replace the one I auctioned off months ago (really all I wanted were the hands for my Retro Spidey).

There goes rule Number 2 in my book: Never buy knock offs.

Second, I swallowed my pride AND sense of propriety and ordered a Mysterio off Amazon. Yes, I know feeding the scalpers is NEVER good policy,* but at least I'll finally have my Lizard in my hot little hands soon.**

* That's rule Number 1.

** Yes, semi-racy wordplay does take some of the sting away from a nearly 100% mark-up...

Finally broke down and pre-ordered the Sp//der wave from BBTS. I'm considering doing the same with the Apocalypse series. Jury's still out on the Monster Venom series. The price is a little steep for a 6 figure wave... especially when I only consider 2 of them (Spider-Ham and Typhoid Mary) must haves.

I preordered the ones I understand are gonna be most difficult to find from both of those waves and decided to take my chances with the rest. Although I'm starting to think that maybe I should have preordered the entire X-men wave, since ML collectors act like X-men themed waves are God's gift to collectors which makes them extra difficult to find. As for the Venom wave I decided to take a "Meh I'll buy them if I find them really cheap approach." I'm not really interested in building a Monster Venom, the 2 main figures are rereleases of figures I already own with a few bells and whistles; not even the unmasked Cletus head(while great looking) merits buying the figure again, at least to me. I really like Spider-Ham but it's small and non articulated so still not worth the price of a full figure.  As a Daredevil fan Typhoid was the one I was looking forward the most and I saw a review of it and it's kind of meh. With all of the waves coming out I have to start prioritizing which figures are worth it and which ones are not.  

SP//dr wave--I cherry picked.  I ordered Cloak, Dagger, and Electra and they all came last week.  All 3 are winners!  I personally have no need to replace my Toybiz Doc Ock so that was a pass, although that figure does look very good.  The other figures from the wave, including the BAF, are easy passes.

X-Men wave--Ordered the full case, can't wait to get it.  I'll unload the Magneto immediately, otherwise I want them all.  Also, there's going to be a variant Psylocke with purple hair and a more metallic blue outfit.  I hope I get that one in my case.

Deadpool wave 2 (Sauron wave)--Just went up for preorder on dorksidetoys.com last night.  I got a loose Bishop, X-23 Wolverine , and complete Sauron BAF!  I love this because it saves me from getting half the wave which I don't want.

Venom wave--couldn't care less.  MAYBE I'll get Typhoid Marry if I see her discounted.

All of the above I got from dorksidetoys.com

23 hours ago, mako said:

Normally, I would've never preordered. Unfortunately, distribution in my area is ridiculous of late.

Distribution in my area is not so bad, it's just that being a small town in the middle of nowhere stuff takes a while getting here. That, coupled with the high influx of products I have to start looking at alternatives on how to get my figures hence I went with preorders. I preordered Doc Ock, Cloak and Dagger from the SP/DR wave since I believe those are gonna be the most difficult to find, I almost went ahead and preordered the whole wave since this is my favorite wave of the year but I decided to take the risk that I'll find the others in stores. From the X-men wave, I preordered Wolverine, Multiple Man and Psylocke, hopefully I'll find the others in the stores although it's gonna suck buying Gladiator again in order to compete Apocalypse.  I was able to score Spider-Man Noir and Lasher this weekend which brings me closer to building Lizard. Man, when this wave was first announced I would have bet money that Lasher would be the pegwarmer of the wave and boy was I wrong! I can't believe that figure is starting to go up in price. Anyway, I'm happy that I got Spidey Noir since that was one of my favorite alternate reality spideys; I just wished he came with his trademark revolvers and that his outfit were closer to the comics or at least the Shattered Dimensions video game.

Got tired of waiting and decided to make a bid on an ebay set of the Sp//der wave. Whoever bid after me decided to make a fight out of it and literally took me all the way up to my max bid... then gave up. If they had gone one more cent, I would've lost it.

Now, instead of waiting for BBTS to get their allotment God knows when, my set should be here next week.

Some days you get the bear...

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:39 AM, mako said:

Got tired of waiting and decided to make a bid on an ebay set of the Sp//der wave. Whoever bid after me decided to make a fight out of it and literally took me all the way up to my max bid... then gave up. If they had gone one more cent, I would've lost it.

Now, instead of waiting for BBTS to get their allotment God knows when, my set should be here next week.

Some days you get the bear...

... and some days the bear gets you.

After receiving no shipping confirmation for almost 4 days, I contacted the seller. Turns out, despite the title, pictures, and description all indicating I was getting a full set, the Elektra figure is not included. Kinda sucks, but the guy did agree to cancelling the order and gave me a full refund, so no harm no foul in my book.

Looks like its its back to BBTS for the Sp//der wave.

High in the upper 90s, heat index of 100+. No hunting for Mamma Mako's favorite son today. My nearest Walgreens looks promising though, so I'll make a run there when the sun goes down.

Wish me luck.

On 7/16/2018 at 2:17 PM, mako said:

Walmart's new corporate slogan everybody!

Yeah, my local Target got the X-men wave and I was able to pick up Storm and Magneto. I decided to check Walmart seeing as my town was getting the X-men wave and they had the previous X-men Warlock BAF wave.

14 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

Yeah, my local Target got the X-men wave and I was able to pick up Storm and Magneto. I decided to check Walmart seeing as my town was getting the X-men wave and they had the previous X-men Warlock BAF wave.

That's an embarrassment of riches compared to my local Walmart. One dust covered Tombstone (which just now struck me as strikingly appropriate), a Songbird, an Iron Spidey which I suspect was a return from another store, and a Proxima Midnight. These are mixed with a couple of two and a half year-old DC Multiverse figures in an attempt to fill the gaping void that is the Marvel Legends pegs.

I stopped by three Wal-Marts, two Targets, and two Walgreens and found Gladiator from the new X-Men wave at one Target. All three Wal-Marts had the restocked X-Men Warlock BAF wave that's been going around, but Cyke and Colossus had been picked clean. Nothing at Walgreens and Toys R Us went out of business so I can't check there anymore :(

Not sure what's going on at HTS, but as of this morning all the recent Marvel Legends stuff, Sp//der wave, Apocalypse wave, Monster Venom wave is all gone. Not "Out of Stock," but GONE, as in not even on the site. No Wolverine Riders sets or anything. The Rail Authority set isn't even showing.

3 hours ago, mako said:

Not sure what's going on at HTS, but as of this morning all the recent Marvel Legends stuff, Sp//der wave, Apocalypse wave, Monster Venom wave is all gone. Not "Out of Stock," but GONE, as in not even on the site. No Wolverine Riders sets or anything. The Rail Authority set isn't even showing.

That' weird, I checked on Wednesday evening and all of those were listed even the SDCC Red Skull set. I wonder what happened there. On a lighter note my Target restocked the X-men wave and I scored a Sabretooth little by little I'm completing this wave. I also got an X-23 delivered which I bought online since it was less than retail and I have a Paladin on the way that I also got online for less than retail, it's been a good week.

I spotted some 10th anniversary MCU figures at Target today.  Cap/Crossbones, Falcon/Bucky, and Thanos/Strange/Iron Man.  I grabbed the Thanos set and brought it to the register where I got street dated!  The register wouldn't ring the item up.  It said "you cannot sell this item until 8/1".  The cashier called the manager over without me asking but even as I was waiting I had little hope that I would be leaving with this today.  He told me the same thing and said he would have to take those off the shelf.  Oh well.  

We all know street dates vary by location, so maybe someone will come away with some early.  I don't think these will be tough to get....

From what I have heard the Target computers/registers blocks the sale if the product is street dated and not even a manager can override it. I saw that they were preordering these in Target.com but I have no doubt that these will be easy to get.

Brothers and sisters, I have had me a weekend. Wolverine Rider set arrived Saturday as planned, ditto the Sp//der wave. Of course a nasty little storm also arrived. Big trees uprooted, street signs up-ended, and electricity out in areas all over the city... including at Casa Mako.

So I got to spend a glorious weekend of blistering sun, nearly 100 degree heat, and killer humidity all without the burden of air conditioning or electricity. Still, powers been back on for a little over an hour and a half. I'm gonna sleep like a baby, then tomorrow morning I'm gonna take a shower for about an hour, do laundry... and open my toys dang it!

Glad I'm self employed, cause I got about three... no four mental health days coming.

Found a Domino at Target, price matched it to Amazon which has it for $12.98 and with that the Sasquatch wave is complete. I finally completed a wave this year, now if I can find a Mysterio for retail price then I can be on my way to complete another wave from this year. 

After weeks of occasionally checking Amazon, I was able to score a Mysterio for $19.99, finally! My Target has been getting a steady supply of X-men figures(which is surprising since last Marvel Legends they got were the Infinity War Thanos wave) so I was able to score a Sabretooth and today I was able to pick up Wolverine and Multiple Man so I cancelled my preorder from Entertainment Earth. Part of me was sorry I had to cancel but they were cheaper on Target and I didn't have to pay shipping, score one for Brick and Mortar.