Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

I hit 5 walmarts, two targets and toys r us looking for the avengers wave. Found nothing. Brickseek showed every Walmart with in a 50 mile radius as having them. Finally tonight I went to the Walmart I went to last night. They had all but Cap. Glad and mad at the same time because I found them. Searched all day and could have gone to one store and had them all. Oh well.

I didn't get to do any hunting on Saturday BUT I did manage to get my preorder in for the Vision/Scarlet Witch two pack during the very small window that was open before sell out. That was my main worry so I'm resting easy.

I have a feeing this Thanos wave is going to be readily available so I'm not stressing about any of those.

I hit 5 walmarts, two targets and toys r us looking for the avengers wave. Found nothing. Brickseek showed every Walmart with in a 50 mile radius as having them. Finally tonight I went to the Walmart I went to last night. They had all but Cap. Glad and mad at the same time because I found them. Searched all day and could have gone to one store and had them all. Oh well.

Know exactly how you feel. To hear Brickseek tell it, I'm right smack in the middle of every Marvel Legends toy I could ever want. Actually hitting one of these stores, however, reveals nothing but Wrestling figures, a few Transformers, and the same two or three Marvel Netflix and Pink Panther figures that seem to be following me around everywhere. Oh, and A LOT of empty pegs. (Is Hasbro at war with Arkansas?)

I did finally break down and order the Ghost Rider Riders set the night before last. Now I'm just waiting for Songbird and the Black Widow set which are listed as "Out for Delivery." Assuming they don't get rerouted to another state at the last minute, the postman doesn't just decide not to deliver in my area, or the packages don't simply disappear between the post office and my mailbox (no joke, those are all things that actually happened to me), they should be here this afternoon.

Well this is unexpected. Not only did my Black Widow Bike set and Songbird figure arrive as expected yesterday, but my Ghost Rider set is listed as "Out for Delivery" today, a full 4 days ahead of schedule.

Kinda makes up for my disappointing (AGAIN!) trip to Wally-World yesterday where I found nothing but a few of the kiddie Infinity War figures (a bunch of Teen Groots and a couple of constipated looking Hulks).

Took advantage of a March sale at Hasbro Toy Shop to score a Paladin (literally the ONLY current ML figure listed as "In Stock") for 20% off and free shipping.

It may just be me, cause I realize its still kind of early days, but I wonder if TRUs future being in question has whipped the fan-boys and the scalpers into a feeding frenzy. Granted the street date wasn't even two weeks ago, and fresh ML waves are ALWAYS tough to find, but it just seems they're tougher than usual to track down.

... or it's just my frustration feeding my persecution complex.

I wonder if TRUs future being in question has whipped the fan-boys and the scalpers into a feeding frenzy.

I definitely think the store closing factor is causing the fanboys to loose their minds a bit more than usual.

I'm reading comments elsewhere with people ordering their Vision/Scarlet Witch, getting their shipping notice and tracking and and commenting, "fingers crossed". For what, I don't know. That the truck carrying their package doesn't crash and burn? That a thief doesn't take it off their doorstep? I mean, once you have tracking, it's out the door and on it's way, right? Then you got the guys who ordered a half hour ago and post fretting over still not receiving a tracking number.

Yeah, they're on pins and needles.

I wonder if TRUs future being in question has whipped the fan-boys and the scalpers into a feeding frenzy.

I mean, once you have tracking, it's out the door and on it's way, right?

A guy I shipped to once received the shipping label from the package I sent along with a laminated letter from the post office saying they had lost the package itself. I ordered an action figure off ebay once, but it never arrived, so the seller was cool enough to send me a replacement. Six months later the original figure I ordered arrived on my doorstep with the notation "Found in Botton of Bin" scrawled on the package in ball-point pen. Last year I watched, via tracking updates, as a package I ordered off Amazon reached my home state of Arkansas only to suddenly be sent to Ohio. Needless to say, Amazon put a RUSH on the package, I got a 10 dollar gift certificate and 30 days of Prime free. That's just a couple of the horror stories I could tell you.

NEVER assume you have your package until you HAVE your package.

And on that cheery note, I managed to find a MIB Gwenpool on Ebay and made an offer for what I would pay for it at retail. Offer accepted, figure on the way.

And none too soon as I am hearing reports of TRU cancelation notices flying left and right. Glad I secured this one.

Yep, guess the prognosis on those Pepper Potts and Ant-Man/Stinger sets isn't good.

Crap.

I really wanted that An-Man set.

"Old" figure pick up: Most time when Hasbro does a character for the first time, its Toybiz counterpart will take a dip in price on ebay. I took advantage of that and grabbed the Fearsome Foes Lizard which has always been on my radar. (I can't get past the velociraptor look of the new BAF) I really like this dude. The detail, the paint, the sculpt, they have all held up over time. Actually, I'm finding that most all of my Spider-Man rogues have not been replaced by Hasbro versions because everything that makes the Lizard a great figure is also present in figures like Sandman, Scorpion, Green Goblin, and Doc Oc. Next on my list is the Fearsome Foes Vulture but he's still pretty sought after. I'm only seeing one that's already bid up to $30 with 5 days left.

Mr. Fantastic is now listed on Walgreens.com. Best of all, they're apparently implementing a free "Ship to Store" option now, which I used.

One disquieting thing however, on the product page it's listed as "Not Sold in Stores." Odd considering that's where people have been finding the bloody thing. Then again, I've been running my pale white butt off to every Walgreens in a 20 mile radius and have found two things: Jack and $#!+ (and Jack just left town). So maybe there's something to it. Maybe it only got a limited brick 'n mortar release?

In any case, Glenn Fry was right "Its okay, 'cause I got mine."

I took advantage of Toys R Us closing and got the Avengers 3pack from 2 years ago with over 40% off, also picked up a Jackal and a Shuri/Klaw 2 pack. It seems Amazon got a case of the Sandman wave since they listed the Black Suit Spider-Man and Shocker for $21.98 not the ideal price but they were starting to get pricey on the secondary market so I picked them up. My Target got a case of the X-men Warlock wave so I picked up Colossus which was the one I was missing from that wave and was also starting to get pricey on the secondary market. My wife sent me a picture of a Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman she picked up on Walgreens while out of town for a conference, which is good since the nearest Walgreens is like 3 hours from where I live but that's life in a small town. It has been a good month and considering that this year seems to be focused on movie figures which I'm not looking to pick up I may get caught up with my Marvel Legends.

Picked up my Mr. Fantastic figure today. Haven't even opened it yet, but just on looks alone, another win. Consider all previous attempts at Dr. Richards officially blown out of the water.

Mr. Fantastic has gotten the shaft from both Toybiz and Hasbro up until now. Before this figure, I personally thought the TB Ioan Gruffodd movie figure was the one that missed the mark the least. I've got some figure room time slotted for tonight after I burn up these last couple hours of work and the new one is going up on display.

(Last day before Easter break, I'm checked out already).

• 3 weeks later...

Got Cable, X-force Deadpool and Deathlok from the Sasquatch wave. I was thinking of the sad state of affairs where popular X-men characters are being released in a line dedicated to a character that started out as a antagonist/parody/rip off but all my gripes went away when I laid eyes on Cable; man that is a thing of beauty. I know we have gotten Cable figures before but this one looks straight out of the 90s cartoon, it makes me want to pop in my X-men the animated series DVDs and watch the episodes featuring Cable.

Got Cable, X-force Deadpool and Deathlok from the Sasquatch wave. I was thinking of the sad state of affairs where popular X-men characters are being released in a line dedicated to a character that started out as a antagonist/parody/rip off but all my gripes went away when I laid eyes on Cable; man that is a thing of beauty. I know we have gotten Cable figures before but this one looks straight out of the 90s cartoon, it makes me want to pop in my X-men the animated series DVDs and watch the episodes featuring Cable.

I just got Cable too and he is a real treat!

As far as waves dedicated to Deadpool, to me it's just a logo on a box that's going to be thrown away and forgotten. I don't care how we get them, we're getting them!

As far as waves dedicated to Deadpool, to me it's just a logo on a box that's going to be thrown away and forgotten. I don't care how we get them, we're getting them!

Exactly! I'm about as far from a Deadpool fan as you're EVER gonna find, but if his name on the box gets more X-figures out there, more power to 'em.

A little better luck today. Plenty of ML Infinity War figures... just no Iron Spider (the last one I need). Did manage to stumble upon 2 figures from the Sasquatch wave. Unfortunately, they were 90s Deadpool (the figure I wanted/needed least), and Paladin (who I already had). Still, DP's on my list so I snagged it.

Small steps are better than standing still I guess.

Before my area got hit with 18 inches of snow today (yes, today, April 14th) I was able to make it to a couple of stores. Got an IW Cap from K-Mart and a Proxima Midnight from Walmart.

Cap was always on my radar and I've grown to like this look. It's like seeing a tattered and torn American flag still flying after a battle, that's my take on this look, at least. The beard, the rolled up sleeves, the weathered look, it's working. To help complete this, I gave him the shield from the "battle damaged" Civil War Cap. Having a nice, clean Captain America shield is like working in construction for 40 years then retiring with baby soft hands.

I gave his Wakanda shield to my Okoye BAF and she looks good with it.

Scanning Ebay this morning and found an MIB Sasquatch Domino for $18 + $5 shipping. At $23 that's only a buck and some change more than I'd ;pay at retail (IF I found it at retail) so I snagged it.

Little by little...

Target finally got the Avengers wave, I picked up Taskmaster. Really wanted to get Songbird and King Cobra(yay for more Serpent Society figures) but left them there for budget reasons. It seems that movie Spider-Man is the favorite from this wave but I'm gonna skip the the movie figures anyway might get the Cap later if I find it cheap.