Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

I was kinda hoping that TRU would Clearance those Sam Cap 3 packs out....I really just want Sap or Sam Cap lol.....

Could always try Ebay. I've noticed quite a few sellers breaking up the set and selling the figures piecemeal. If all you want is Sap, it shouldn't be so bad. The only figure they seem to be gouging was Kate Bishop.

Not a bad night! Just ran into a much nicer Walmart on the other side of town to grab some razors and managed to snag Tombstone, Moon Knight, Beetle, and even a second Cosmic Spidey!

On top of that, the Ultron 3-Pack was waiting for me when I got back home!

Like they say, "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you," Today, I kicked Yogi's @$$!

• Like 2

Today I drove an hour and a half to get the Dark Phoenix/Cyclops pack from TRU. I have never made an outrageous drive like that for a toy before but it is summer time and the set is WELL worth it.

Who says, we're not for real?...lol an hour for some toy goodness....we've all done it....on Vacation, away for Job Training, visiting a relative.....that strange part of town wayyyy out where the retirees dwell & town stops at 7ish....one side of the Walmart doors closed to keep the villains at bay.....or while the family is out eating at a restaurant, you get up to use the restroom.....at the Target next door.....the true hunter knows when to hunt & what times to best stalk out your plastic bounty...& it pays off...I've seen that set & the MJ & Peter & the Spidey/Comic Vulture 1 pack at Walfart as well.....my 1st want is the Vulture 2 pack then the Dark Phx/Scott then mostly just MJ.....Peter's cool but I've got about 400 Spiderdudes at this point.....

• 1 month later...

Today I drove an hour and a half to get the Dark Phoenix/Cyclops pack from TRU. I have never made an outrageous drive like that for a toy before but it is summer time and the set is WELL worth it.

I didn't drive THAT far, but in near 100 degree heat, it sure felt like it. Turns out all my nearest TRU had was the standard assortment of peg-warmers and a bunch of Evolution Groots.

I didn't drive THAT far, but in near 100 degree heat, it sure felt like it. Turns out all my nearest TRU had was the standard assortment of peg-warmers and a bunch of Evolution Groots.

OH I called ahead, found out they had one and had them put it on hold for me. I would not have made that drive with nothing put a prayer and fingers crossed.

I'm still glad I made that drive. Have not found one at my near by TRU yet....

Well thanks to my new "hunting" program (I'm only buying the Hard to Finds 1st...then I wait till the pegwarmers clearance out or if I can find the BAF piece for cheap I go that route, its been working lately) I've picked up a few figs here & there.....Walmart is clearancing some of the dead wood down to $9 which is a decent price for some of these figs....they've reduced the BAF Dormammu, Vulture, Sandman, Space Venom, Warlock & some but not all of the Guardians of the Galaxy figs as well.....since they don't have the complete waves I've been slowly buying some on Amazon & at Clearance discounts wherever I can find them....I was able to get Keaton-Vulture, Capt Universe Spidey at my local Walfart & thanks to my dear sweet mum who lives in some southern rural town w/only one Walmart I was able to secure Tombstone & the Beetle as well.....I passed on the initial wave when it came out...I had Moon Knight in hand but put him back cause he just doesn't look like the one from the comics....& I know Hasslebro is probably going to make him sooner or later & I don't really need umpteen versions of him.... I just need "broke arse" Spidey & the Stark Suit Spidey but I don't know if I want those figs either.... @Spidey@

Saw this Amazing fig at Target today.....I heard Target was clearancing out the 12" Deadpools already....they sold out in my local Targets so I have no idea what the internet was talking about....anyway I came across this awesome suprise...I had no idea they were making this version! I knew about DP, Thor even the 14" Hulk but this definitely caught me unawares.....great fig....I need this to drop a few bucks before I pick it up.....its on my radar....I know these figs are an overindulgence but I've been able to get 3 at great discount so far...that's the only reason I got them to begin with....I see 12" DP dropped down to $36 on Amazon but I think he'll go lower by Xmas....

post-31352-0-32998300-1502071806_thumb.jpg

I bought Hella and a complete gladiator Hulk off of dorksidetoys.com

I paid, what I consider a decent price for the Hulk. It's getting way too time consuming buying whole waves and selling off the guys I don't want so I thought I'd try this rout.

Both figures are amazing!

I bought Hella and a complete gladiator Hulk off of dorksidetoys.com

I paid, what I consider a decent price for the Hulk. It's getting way too time consuming buying whole waves and selling off the guys I don't want so I thought I'd try this rout.

Both figures are amazing!

I considered going the route of Dorkside/BBTS/EE but quickly decided against it. Most of these sites are as bad as the scalpers. As a matter of fact, I consider most of these site to BE scalpers.

For current figures I'll pay retail + reasonable shipping PERIOD. Anything beyond that and you're just picking my pocket.

• Like 1

UPDATE: So I'm a momma's boy, I've never denied lol......my mom lives south of the Phx area....its a rural town w/one Walmart....I asked if she would keep an eye out for "clearanced" figs, I purchased 3 at $9 at my local WM but the rest are cleared out...nothing left....She complied & sent me a cell phone pic of their selection...she had the Homecoming Beetle & Tombstone in the pic...I had to call her & after 15 minutes of trying to tell her which figs I wanted she still bought the wrong one....I got my Beetle but Tombstone didn't make it...I remember telling her..."the guy in all black w/the White hair, right next to the Beetleguy"......she got me a Titans 12" Yondu instead of Tombstone....lol...buttttt it took me back....it makes sense....when I was little & asked for an Jedi Luke but got Admiral Snackbar instead.....the time I got C3PO instead of Chewbacca.....I still love her though...I gots my Beetle & now just need to find the rest....if anyone bought the Spiderman figs but don't need their BAF Vulture pieces I'm all ears & ebay ready....

I considered going the route of Dorkside/BBTS/EE but quickly decided against it. Most of these sites are as bad as the scalpers. As a matter of fact, I consider most of these site to BE scalpers.

For current figures I'll pay retail + reasonable shipping PERIOD. Anything beyond that and you're just picking my pocket.

I agree, I'm not going to pay anything beyond retail and reasonable shipping for something that just came out. I don't know how close you looked at dorkside, but I have never seen them scalp figures and they frequently have loose figures with no BAF at discounted prices and complete BAFs only for sale. They have gone above and beyond twice for me.

One time I commented on another forum that I was eager for them to post a certain wave of figures. He PMed me directly and offered to sell them to me early.

For the Hulk BAF I pmed him and asked if he was going to to put more on his site (he had them at one point but I missed out). He replied saying he had put one up and kept the page hidden for me so I could buy him.

Great service!

Apparently the SDCC Thor set lingered fro a relatively long time yesterday on HTS (and by that I mean, you had more than a couple of seconds to place your order before it was sold out). I did see it online myself but I had to pass. As cool as those figures are, I just didn't need them that badly.

Apparently the SDCC Thor set lingered fro a relatively long time yesterday on HTS (and by that I mean, you had more than a couple of seconds to place your order before it was sold out). I did see it online myself but I had to pass. As cool as those figures are, I just didn't need them that badly.

Same here. After giving it serious thought, I just don't care enough about Ulik, Maliketh and Bor to drop another hundred for the set. . . especially so soon after scoring the A-Force set.

• Like 1

I forgot about the sale...that's okay I was steamed at their "early release" day 2 weeks ago....I'm okay with it....the 12" Daredevil fig was still up last I checked....I heard the figs sold out in 10 minutes....it would have been nice to have that Bor figure but I'll wait & he's not essential to my collection.....

Most of these ML exclusives make it to retail eventually, anyway.

True, I found Jane Foster and Odinson at retail a couple weeks back. Maybe I'd have felt differently if the set had included three Planet Hulk gladiators instead of three frankly obscure Thor characters. Would've made a much better fit with Ragnarok that way.

But that's just me.

Finally, the drought has broken!

Found Knights at two separate Walmarts! My favored store had tags out, but no figures. The next one I tried had Daredevil and Punisher (I got Punisher). My nearest Walmart, which usually has sweet-fanny, had Daredevil, Blade, and Elektra (I got Blade and Elektra, two of my BIG wants from the wave).

Not complaining, but it looks like they're gonna make me work for Jessica Jones.

Oh yeah, also scored an MCU Vulture on clearance for 9 bucks. Not really interested in the Homecoming movie figures (shoulda' popped for that Keaton head Hasbro), but at 9 bucks I'm gonna say no?

Besides, with that bomber jacket and aviator-style brain bucket he's a perfect addition to my ad-hoc 1/12th scale G.I. Joe team.

Not complaining, but it looks like they're gonna make me work for Jessica Jones.

Yeah, I want her too and it looks as if she will be the toughest to find.

Also planning to pick up DD and Punisher but they are 2 per case so they should be easy to get. Not looking to complete Man Thing so I'm going to try to get them lose at a discount from somewhere.

Yeah, I want her too and it looks as if she will be the toughest to find.

Also planning to pick up DD and Punisher but they are 2 per case so they should be easy to get. Not looking to complete Man Thing so I'm going to try to get them lose at a discount from somewhere.

Honestly, I DO want the JJ figure, but if I never find it I think I'll survive. . . as long as I know that Defenders set is coming in a couple months.

See, that's a set I can pass on actually. I have comic versions of all of those guys except JJ and I could live without the comic book version of her. I'll take a live action Luke Cage and probably Iron Fist (even though I don't think he even has a costume and I hear the show stink). I'm sure they'll make them eventually.