Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

The good news is I found black Spider-Man at TRU! One of the two I wanted from this wave for 20% off!

The bad news is one guy beat me to the only Ms. Marvel, I saw him walking around with her, missed her by minutes.

This wave is still just hitting....there should be plenty of everything if past waves are any indication of availability....I remember the time I found Deadpool & Wolvy at Terget...I called ahead & had them hold them for me.....I got my guys & was walking off & some dude saw me & said those were his figures....tough luck buddy.....lol...never got in a fight for figures before & its never going to happen....at least you found Spidey....good luck on Ms. Marvel.....

The good news is I found black Spider-Man at TRU! One of the two I wanted from this wave for 20% off!

The bad news is one guy beat me to the only Ms. Marvel, I saw him walking around with her, missed her by minutes.

This wave is still just hitting....there should be plenty of everything if past waves are any indication of availability....

Not to step on your point, but "if past waves are any indication of availability" there's no guarantee of some of us ever finding these things. I've been to every TRU, Walmart, Walgreens and Target in a 50 miles radius and I haven't seen a single Spider-Man Series figure in the wild since the Absorbing Man wave. You figure with his appearance in Civil War, the Has' would spend a penny and get that distribution thing back on track. Never seen a Deadpool either.

Extended Prime freebie expires in about four days so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Hobgoblin and Electro from the Space-Venom wave. They were only 15 and some change a piece, so I figured I'd take advantage while I still could.

Just need Silk and whatever the current version of Spider-Girl is called, then I start on the Sandman wave (which is actually showing up in my local stores!).

Extended Prime freebie expires in about four days so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Hobgoblin and Electro from the Space-Venom wave. They were only 15 and some change a piece, so I figured I'd take advantage while I still could.

Just need Silk and whatever the current version of Spider-Girl is called, then I start on the Sandman wave (which is actually showing up in my local stores!).

For the action figure collector, I gotta say that the amazon prime membership is worth it. It bites paying for it at first but they frequently mark down Marvel Legends, DC Multiverse, DC Collectibles, Star Wars, etc. below or well below retail. I can count on one hand the number of figures between all those lines that DIDN'T see an eventual amazon markdown. Then you get free shipping on top of it. Worth it.

For the action figure collector, I gotta say that the amazon prime membership is worth it. It bites paying for it at first but they frequently mark down Marvel Legends, DC Multiverse, DC Collectibles, Star Wars, etc. below or well below retail. I can count on one hand the number of figures between all those lines that DIDN'T see an eventual amazon markdown. Then you get free shipping on top of it. Worth it.

Honestly, it looks great on paper, but in practice... not so much. Just in the last month alone, two separate figure orders I made via Prime arrived in paper bubble mailers. Another figure arrived late because it was mistakenly shipped to Ohio (I live in Arkansas). A DVD set I ordered arrived in a cardboard wrapper that was split open on one side! For $99.00 a year ($132.00 if you go with the monthly option) I expect better.

And the mark downs? Hardly something you can count on when Amazon raises and lowers prices almost on an hourly basis (literally!). Don't get me wrong, I love Amazon, and in most ways they're the best game in town, but much like Mattel back in the day, they're gonna need a serious make-over if they wanna go steady.

As I planned (for once), my first toy purchase of the year was The Sandman Series Ms. Marvel a few nights ago. Braved the snow and bitter cold to follow that up with Shocker this afternoon.

With any luck, i'll have this wave polished off before the Tytus Series hits.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up the Marvel Select Destroyer. The plan was to just stick with my Toy Biz Destroyer variant (that's right, I said the "TB" word) even with his slightly inaccurate size and detail. But I saw this guy in the store and he just looked like a boss. I don't know what story (if any) the sword and Odin head come from but they look great too. I have very few MS figures...Venom, Thanos, Ultron, now Destroyer. He's a great addition!

Picked up the Marvel Select Destroyer. The plan was to just stick with my Toy Biz Destroyer variant (that's right, I said the "TB" word) even with his slightly inaccurate size and detail. But I saw this guy in the store and he just looked like a boss. I don't know what story (if any) the sword and Odin head come from but they look great too. I have very few MS figures...Venom, Thanos, Ultron, now Destroyer. He's a great addition!

I'm definitely going to make room for this fig....I saw pics of it last year....I bet it looks great "in-hand"....I got one of the Destroyers from the 1st Thor movie...its like 11" tall & made of cheap plastic....

I don't know what story (if any) the sword and Odin head come from but they look great too. I have very few MS figures...Venom, Thanos, Ultron, now Destroyer. He's a great addition!

The Odin head and sword is based on the Thor Ages of Thunder storyline, it's sort of an expanded retelling of Thor Origins. If I remember correctly first part shows a young arrogant Thor who punishes a village for offending him, second part shows Odin sending the Valkyries to teach him a lesson but they join him in combat against a frost giant and they celebrate the victory by getting drunk; in the third part the previous plan having backfired on Odin he dons the destroyer armor and fights Thor himself, gives him a beating and banishes to earth in human form.

1335486-823546_thormow_024_super.jpg

Never got the Toybiz version of the Destroyer while it's a great looking figure it's somewhat on the small side, I got the 5 POA 8'' from the first Thor movie when it was really cheap on TRU so I'll definitely get this one to replace it.

• Like 1

I don't know what story (if any) the sword and Odin head come from but they look great too. I have very few MS figures...Venom, Thanos, Ultron, now Destroyer. He's a great addition!

The Odin head and sword is based on the Thor Ages of Thunder storyline, it's sort of an expanded retelling of Thor Origins. If I remember correctly first part shows a young arrogant Thor who punishes a village for offending him, second part shows Odin sending the Valkyries to teach him a lesson but they join him in combat against a frost giant and they celebrate the victory by getting drunk; in the third part the previous plan having backfired on Odin he dons the destroyer armor and fights Thor himself, gives him a beating and banishes to earth in human form.

1335486-823546_thormow_024_super.jpg

Never got the Toybiz version of the Destroyer while it's a great looking figure it's somewhat on the small side, I got the 5 POA 8'' from the first Thor movie when it was really cheap on TRU so I'll definitely get this one to replace it.

Very cool. Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

Have everyone from the Sandman wave but Symb-Spidey and 2099 2.0. Unfortunately, the wave seems to have dried up locally. Looks like its back to Ama-Bay for the conclusion.

Man, I hope they step up Spidey-distribution before the movie line streets.

Speaking of Symb-Spidey, mine just arrived this afternoon from Hasbro Toy Shop.

Bless their hearts, not only were they the ONLY site to have the bloody thing in stock AND at MSRP, but thanks to a Valentine's Day discount promo, I got it at below retail ANNNDDD free shipping.

Pay attention Amazon, this is what its supposed to be like.

Were still knee deep in Marvel Legends waves from last year....I did see an fresh case of BAF Juggernaut at Target....surprise....no Deadpool or Wolvie....they need to cut the dead wood loose( Misty Knights & Astral Dr Strange)....& get some new blood in there...so far no sign of the new Guardians waves.....I still need an Enchantress & Nico M.....I'm waiting to see if they drop down to $10 or 12 on Amazon....

Found a MASSIVE collection of Marvel Legends in the clearance section at Walmart this afternoon. Mostly those "dead wood" figures GuitarDevil was talking about. 15 bucks a piece and, naturally, I had every bloody one.

Still I picked up the lone Nick Fury of the bunch for the ole' SHIELD legion and called it a day.

Went out & supported the grandkids for an Spartan Fun Run.....we had to drive wayyy out of town.....luckily they had a Target nearby....I had to stop & use the baffroom & it paid off....I saw the whole Warlock wave on the pegs....I wished I coulda bought them all but I'm trying to roll back my hunting lately...we're planning a vacation & for some crazy reason, I need to save my $ for that instead of buying waves & waves of Legends.....they're killing me lately....quit buying the 3.75" figs sometime ago, I'll pick one up if they look cool 2 me......Target had them on sale for $6.49...what a bargain...the old prices they used to sell for....I put the Maestro back...I love all things Hulk so that was big for me....

20170225_211009_zpse6jbwtql.jpg

Out of the whole Warlock wave I wanted Cyclops the most & he seems to be the guy hardest to find currently...I had Colossus in hand & he looked great...but I had to show some restraint due to the budgy......I have the old 3.75 Deadpool somewhere in my collection so now I need to find him for display purposes.....

Two 3.75 inch sets are out...

Marvel Legends Doctor Strange Doctor Strange & Astral Doctor Strange 2-Pack
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/brands/brands-M-Z/marvel-htsus-brands-marvel/-c1403as00?catName=

Marvel Legends Guardians of the Galaxy Star-Lord & Yondu 2-Pack
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/brands/brands-M-Z/marvel-htsus-brands-marvel/-c1402as00?catName=

Didn't expect to find it, but I went back to the Target where I found the Warlock wave hoping to grab the Polaris I left behind in favor of Dazzler. No luck. Actually, no sign they had ever been there at all. Still, I found a Guardians end cap and scored Sam Alexander, so it wasn't a total loss.

With the Star-Lord I picked up from Walgreens, the Darkhawk I grabbed at TRU, the Angela I scored at my other area Target, and the Deadpool that should be arriving today from Ebay, not a bad hall.

• 5 weeks later...

This is the first Doc Strange fig I've purchased thus far....they also had "Wolf Cap America" for $7 & the Patriot? from the Baf Ant-man/Giant-man wave..he was $7 as well...they had the 3.75" Cap America w/his bike for $8 as well.....

IMG_20170401_201400_zpszl3vgjwm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally broke down and paid an Ebay price for Spider-Man 2099 from the Sandman series. Fortunately, at 26 bucks shipped, it was a price I was okay paying . . . in spite of it being for a figure I never really wanted (@#$% you Sandman BAF!!!).

Hasbro has really gotta get that Spidey distribution wired.