Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

Face-Off Hulk and McFarlane Spidey are definitely two of Toybiz's masterpieces.

Face-Off Cap is good too, but I think Hasbro has given us some very worthy Captain Americas to take it's place. The one thing Face-Off Cap has over all the others is the sculpted armor. Personally I prefer the look of the one from the Infinite 3 pack that came with Radioactive Man and Ms. Marvel.

Thor is a tough one. I think the Toybiz Walmart Wave Thor is the closest we've come to a good Thor. All the other ones have wonky proportions IMO. Hasbro needs to give us another proper Thor...one that doesn't look like a giant.

Face-Off Hulk and McFarlane Spidey are definitely two of Toybiz's masterpieces.

Face-Off Cap is good too, but I think Hasbro has given us some very worthy Captain Americas to take it's place. The one thing Face-Off Cap has over all the others is the sculpted armor. Personally I prefer the look of the one from the Infinite 3 pack that came with Radioactive Man and Ms. Marvel.

Thor is a tough one. I think the Toybiz Walmart Wave Thor is the closest we've come to a good Thor. All the other ones have wonky proportions IMO. Hasbro needs to give us another proper Thor...one that doesn't look like a giant.

Give it enough time and I'm sure Hasbro will have that whole line up.

They already have their "definitive" versions of Cap and Spider-Man.

The Wolverine for the next X-Men wave has yet to be revealed but everyone's betting on either "tiger stripe" or X-23.

Many feel we're already guaranteed a classic Hulk because of that Juggernaut BAF (I guess there's a reason why his arm bands are removable and for him having a belly button.)

I wouldn't be surprised to see a classic Thor at some point. If only he had an upcoming movie that Hasbro could do a Thor wave for.....

Those figures are ok for their time but to me they are not holding up well over time, except maybe Spider-Man and Hulk.

Captain America: has an a sort of ugly hunch and and the legs become bow shaped over time. I also hate the articulated fingers and toes that said that figure perfectly captures how Steve Epting drew him in the Brubaker run which is quite possibly my favorite Cap run. Plus the details and sculpted part make it a stand out but the newest Hasbro version has a more aesthetic body.

Hulk: This one still looks pretty good but my love for it stems more from the fact that it reminds me of the Incredible Hulk cartoon that no one watched but the lack of fist and ab crunch hurts it.

Wolverine: This one doesn't look bad but I don't own it so I can't really comment that said I'm sure if Hasbro were to release their latest Wolverine in these colors it would probably top this one I have seen customizers do this and it looks great.

Thor: I don't own this one but that's because I never like the look of it something about the face looks off to me and even though I don't own it the Giant Man version looks better, imo. I do agree the Hasbro Thors are way too tall they are representing a 7 foot tall Thor when the character should be around 6'5/6'6 if memory serves me correctly.

Iron Man: Never could get into this figure there was something about the monkey arms and the overall shape that looked off to me but it's one of their first figures so I can forgive them for that.

Spider-Man: I have the Hasbro re release of this figure and it's great mainly due to the articulation but it's too tall and kind of lanky, it's a good thing I display it in a Spidey pose because it doesn't look good standing on the shelf.

If Hasbro were to release a Classic Avengers boxset where they would:

-Repurpose the Ultimate Green Goblin BAF into a Hulk with the look of the Face Off Version and include fists.

-Take Onslaught wave Cap sculpt some chainmail, give him fists and a more heroic face.

-Make a classic Thor in the Hyperion body.

-Make a classic Iron Man figure with the proportions of the Bleeding Edge Iron Man.

I would pay good money for that because those would probably be pretty close to ideal versions of the characters.

If Hasbro were to release a Classic Avengers boxset where they would:

-Repurpose the Ultimate Green Goblin BAF into a Hulk with the look of the Face Off Version and include fists.

-Take Onslaught wave Cap sculpt some chainmail, give him fists and a more heroic face.

-Make a classic Thor in the Hyperion body.

-Make a classic Iron Man figure with the proportions of the Bleeding Edge Iron Man.

I would pay good money for that because those would probably be pretty close to ideal versions of the characters.

I would be all over a set like that. The other thing they would need to do with the Onslaught Cap is fix the buckles that go over his shoulders so they actually stay on the figure and give him a little bit bigger shield.

Picked up my sixth and final Nick Fury/SHIELD Trooper at Walmart and lucked upon the elusive Nico Monoru while picking up a prescription at Walgreens. They had Iron Fist to, but I'm spreading myself a bit thin as it is so I'll have to check back next week.

• Like 1

Scarlet Witch SCOOOOORE!

I got her at Fleet Farm. If you have one it your area, check it out. They had remnants of a case on the shelf but in a desperation move I asked an employee if there were any in the back. I almost never do this but I never go to Fleet Farm for toys so I thought I'd give it a shot. There was one more full case in back with one SW in it! I also got Iron Skull as a victory buy.

SW's power fx are as terrible as you've heard they were but other than that, both figures are amazing. Iron Skull is obviously Hasbro trying to get yet more milage out of an Iron Man movie buck that we will never see in a movie again, but wow this guy looks sharp. The head alone is almost worth the price, great sculpt and paint. SW is an A+. Aside from her face which has a very nice sculpt and paint apps, I love her hands. They're in a great hex casing pose.

I have Space Venom and Dormamu parts to trade for Abomination parts if anyone is interested.

I found the ML Dr. Strange wave at Walgreens a little while ago, and they looked amazing. It seems as if Hasbro is using alot more original sculpts and parts this time around, and the detail is phenomenal. I wasn't too crazy about this particular wave when I saw the previews, but now that I've seen how sharp they look in person, I might have to have them...

I found the ML Dr. Strange wave at Walgreens a little while ago, and they looked amazing. It seems as if Hasbro is using alot more original sculpts and parts this time around, and the detail is phenomenal. I wasn't too crazy about this particular wave when I saw the previews, but now that I've seen how sharp they look in person, I might have to have them...

When the line up was announced a lot of people complained since they were re releasing old figures and while one can argue that Astral Plane movie Dr. Strange, HB wave rehashed Strange are weak offerings, Dormammu, Dr. Voodoo were part of an exclusive set that sold really well and never went back up after it sold out initially, Enchantress was part of this years SDCC exlcusive and we have 3 that are brand new sculpts so I feel it balances out. I'm actually looking forward to this wave well at least more than fellow ML collectors, it does look like a nice wave.

Can't believe it but I actually found Deadpool in my LCS. Sadly my LCS charges ML for 1/3 more than retail price, but given how much cheaper it would be for me than ordering online I just ended up caving in.

Still I'm really excited for the Strange wave, I've already got orders down for Strange, Mordo, Enchantress and Nico. I might get Astral Strange too so I can have a brighter alt. head for my SDCC Dormammu.

• Like 1

I went on a binge yesterday...I scored a movie Dr. Strange and Karl Mordo. I also found a Walgreens Punisher, Phoenix, and Cable. Then I lucked-out and found the Walmart exclusive Civil War Winter Soldier and Falcon.

Walmart.com has the entire Abomination wave up in stock, all but Scarlet Witch on sale for $12.49-$12.99 each. SW is $19.97 or some such. And they even have Black Panther! So that was a pleasant surprise this week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't go out for the sales yesterday...I was perusing through the after sales online & came across this rare gem on Walmart's site...The mask I can give to my nephew but I'm keeping the 3 pack....even crazier is the "combo" offer is cheaper by $6...check it out....

https://www.walmart.com/nco/Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-with-Captain-America-Civil-War-Iron-Man-Mask/47210811

I hear the Sandman wave is starting to hit. I'm going to try hard to limit myself to just Ms. Marvel for this one. The buying has gotten out of hand lately....

Dude tell me about it......I bought a few things during the Black Friday Frenzy...finished off the BAF Juggernaut wave & picked up the real cheap stuff....(11.92 is cheap nowadays)...I was able to secure the Hobgoblin, Kitty Pride, Nick Fury, Silk & I got Iceman for $7 buxx from Amazon.....but seriously....I can't keep up....I haven't even bought any figures for the Dr. Strange wave yet....

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I'm in deep here....I got the Civil War 3 pack from an online Walfart deal w/a Iron Man Mask......Scarlett Witch....I got damned lucky & found her on their website for a great price.......annnnddd today while my gf & I were out looking for better Xmas lights, I found the Symbiote Spiderman & the full wave of Sandman figs at walmart....I couldn't bite on the rest just yet as I'll wait & see what happens when they hit Amazon in a steady pace....there are quite a few figs on their website right now that are hovering round $11 buxx from past & current BAF waves......I have some buyers remorse but Spidey looks great..... @SpiderVenom@

IMG_20161209_191710_zpsdvazxu8p.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic....I guess I'll have to take these guys out of their box...nice big packing sticker on it...