Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

Yep... same here...

20160818_133956-1_zps9srd7tqp.jpg

Crom......I can't believe I found Frank!....I went out of town for an wedding, we weren't notified but 3 days prior to that....Northern part of AZ...still as hot as an oven just like Penix but windier....like an fan in front of an open oven.....between Friday after work & Saturday during the drive, I must have hit 6 WG's all they had was Namor's & DD's....I was trying too hard I guess....at some point my inner child told me to wait it out....today after work I had to pick up my meds & at WG's....there hidden behind the Namor's I spotted that familiar White Skull......Frank has come home I need to dig out some AIM eraserheads for him to Punish....

• Like 1

I found a few Punishers at my local Walgreens while going there with a buddy. He didn't know there was an exclusive Punny and he's not really a Marvel guy to begin with, but after seeing it, he walked out with one. I was tempted but like my Toy Biz one well enough and really don't know if I can justify two of him. I will say that it is a great figure, though!

I found some Marvel Legends at Tuesday Mornings for $9.99 each this evening...I snagged a Thundra. They also had some of the four-inch DC Multiverse figures, but I didn't get any unfortunately.

well my Walmart did their reset

no 3.75 inch Marvel figures

oh and even less 6 inch figure space

but hey they had to keep the same ridiculous amount of space for their stupid 5POA 12 inch titans

My walmart has about the same space as before but they moved it to a different place and they added the 12" ones.

Walmart.com came through for my 3 ML Nick Fury. I wanted some extras for the Dirk Anger head and two agents. Except after opening them I realized they don't come with much in the terms of weapons. Kind of sucks. It's not like you can just go buy 1/12 weapons except maybe those expensive ones from Japan. Cheap ole Hasbro.

The only negative they had was the whole X-men wave debacle.

Eh, the wave was insanely popular with everyone and their uncle trying to order a case or ten. Beyond that I think I know the "debacle" you're referring to and I'm not convinced it wasn't just fanboys overreacting.

Went by Walmart last night and surprise, surprise, they had an endcap of Giant Man Series figures. Grabbed Black Panther and Nick Fury. Just need to order Red Guardian to finish the BAF and put this particular wave to bed.

Hey thanks, Mako for the heads up...this hunt was surprisingly easy for once....the 2nd Wahmaht I walked into had an Civil War display out in the aisle before you get to the toys...they had plenty to go around...this Walmart didn't have any Winter Soldiers or Falcons....I picked up an Nick & Black Panther as well....they had plenty of everybody....

IMG_20160902_164414_zpsci7hartf.jpg

Went by Walmart last night and surprise, surprise, they had an endcap of Giant Man Series figures. Grabbed Black Panther and Nick Fury. Just need to order Red Guardian to finish the BAF and put this particular wave to bed.

Hey thanks, Mako for the heads up...this hunt was surprisingly easy for once....the 2nd Wahmaht I walked into had an Civil War display out in the aisle before you get to the toys...they had plenty to go around...this Walmart didn't have any Winter Soldiers or Falcons....I picked up an Nick & Black Panther as well....they had plenty of everybody....

No problem. The weekend's been productive for me as well. Found two or three more Giant Man Endcaps plus two of the WalMarts I hit had the Falcon and Winter Soldier figs. Doesn't look like these will be hard to find either.

At the last Wally-World of the night I actually picked up a M.O.D.O.K. figure from the old Playmotion line (did ANYBODY ever play this thing?). Not much of a figure, but until the Has' gives us an ML version, this'll have to do.

My Space Knight Venom set arrived today. I know nothing about Silk, Barton Spidey, Morales Spidey, or Space Knight Venom. Yet I was compelled to buy the whole set. I think I may have a problem.

Silk is the second person to be bitten by the same radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker, she has all of his powers but better including being able to produce webbing. Peter and her also share this deep primal connection that whenever they are together they can't keep their hands off of each other. Miles Morales is the Spider-Man from the Ultimate universe who replaced Ultimate Peter Parker when he got killed, don't know much about him since I don't read Ultimate comics but he's now part of the 616 main universe and is also an Avenger. Ashley Barton is the alternate reality daughter of Hawkeye and Spider-Man's daughter, she's from the alternate future of the Wolverine Old Man Logan story line and Space Venom is Flash Thompson/Agent Venom but in space having adventures with the Guardians of the Galaxy. There's a rumor that Marvel published the comic as a way to use and keep the Space Knight name from Rom the Space Knight. That's about it for my knowledge of these guys the only one of these I followed for a while was Silk and that was mostly because I took advantage of a Comixology sale and bought her series on digital, otherwise I'm not very invested in Marvel Comics these days.

My Space Knight Venom set arrived today. I know nothing about Silk, Barton Spidey, Morales Spidey, or Space Knight Venom. Yet I was compelled to buy the whole set. I think I may have a problem.

Silk is the second person to be bitten by the same radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker, she has all of his powers but better including being able to produce webbing.

Peter actually was able to produce webbing in the comics at one point too. They altered his powers for a time back during the Rami movie days because in those movies, he had organic webbing. And since the movie drive what happens in comics......

Silk is the second person to be bitten by the same radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker, she has all of his powers but better including being able to produce webbing.

Peter actually was able to produce webbing in the comics at one point too. They altered his powers for a time back during the Rami movie days because in those movies, he had organic webbing. And since the movie drive what happens in comics......

Yeah, I remember that, It was around the time of Spider-Man:the Other iirc. Silk's backstory connects with elements of that story. As much as I love the movies it's somewhat annoying that the comics adapt to accommodate the movies instead of the other way around.

No problem. The weekend's been productive for me as well. Found two or three more Giant Man Endcaps plus two of the WalMarts I hit had the Falcon and Winter Soldier figs. Doesn't look like these will be hard to find either.

At the last Wally-World of the night I actually picked up a M.O.D.O.K. figure from the old Playmotion line (did ANYBODY ever play this thing?). Not much of a figure, but until the Has' gives us an ML version, this'll have to do.

Hopefully one of my WMs will get an endcap set up as well. Still need Black Panther for me & a buddy. I apparently just missed them at KMart this weekend. They had everyone but BP.

Getting sick of my local swapper. I had a long conversation with my Walgreens manager. She was a Barbie collector, so I figured she'd listen and take it to heart. I showed her two figures where the guy swapped out an older Iceman and a Wasp, he did a good job with the tape. I showed her the back and the figure and hoping them being a small store, they can keep an eye on it. I hit a couple more WGs on my route and sure enough, a handful of Xmen wave figures with Wasp swapped out and tonight, I hit Walmart to pick up a couple things... sure enough, a Civil War Falcon with a Wasp sitting in the package... sigh.

Jerk. I hope he gets caught and embarrassed for stealing toys, lol.