Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

I like Spider-Gwen next to movie Spidey because I think she looks like Emma Stone. Unfortunately I don't have the movie Spidey with the Garfield head so this will have to do. Gave him a repaint this weekend (wash on the red, dry brush on the blue) and I like him a lot better now. Too bad his articulation is still weak but oh well.

2016-02-21%2020.54.22_zpsffyewuns.jpg

Same here. Who can afford it? The last few BAFs have been really hard to resist, however. Rhino and Hulkbuster are probably two of Hasbro's best BAFs. I wouldn't mind getting that Absorbing Man but there are a few in that Spidey wave I just don't need.

Actually, Onslaught is probably the BAF I've been least tempted by in a while. I might, might, miiiiiiight want Mockingbird eventually.

Been a loooong time since I bought a full set.

Yeah, been a while for me to. Thing is, even on the rare occasions I have that kind of mad-money laying around, I just can't bring myself to put down that much at one time.

I saw the full wave of BAF Onslaught at TRU.....I shoulda bought a damnned lottery ticket cause that never happens. I picked up Taskmaster cause I had a coupon for $10 buxx.....the new waves look mighty tasty.....man Hasbro is killing me...I'm trying to pay some bills & go on vacation....uuuggg.....gas went down...hows about some fig price drops as well?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to build up my classic villains and scored the Hasbro Mole Man figure. This guy is from the "dark times" of ML but the sculpt is good for MM. This weekend when I have free time I am going to mix up the earth tone paints and dry brush the *&^% out of this guy to dirty him up. I think that's all he needs to put him over the top.

Looking to build up my classic villains and scored the Hasbro Mole Man figure. This guy is from the "dark times" of ML but the sculpt is good for MM. This weekend when I have free time I am going to mix up the earth tone paints and dry brush the *&^% out of this guy to dirty him up. I think that's all he needs to put him over the top.

Love that Mole Man. I remember picking up him, Doom, and Namor from that wave. Doom is great, but Namor? Yeesh.

Too bad that animated FF line got cancelled, if only for the BAF:

IMG_5085__scaled_800.jpg

I recently ebayed something from the "dark times"...the Dodge Fantasticar from the FF2 line. Looks great IMO, even if I cant get my default Thing to completely fit in hit seat.

1_fa20ba56ddf1fa2bd1ac0825f8ff57bc.jpg

Love that Mole Man. I remember picking up him, Doom, and Namor from that wave. Doom is great, but Namor? Yeesh.

Too bad that animated FF line got cancelled, if only for the BAF:

IMG_5085__scaled_800.jpg

Wow, is that a canceled BAF? That thing looks amazing. I had no idea that was even on the table.

I still like that TB wave 2 Dr. Doom. My FF villains consist of him, Super Skrull, Galactus, and now Mole Man. I think I will display them together on my shelf once Mole Man is finished. Give the FF the love that they aren't going to get in the movies.....or even the comics.

I still like that TB wave 2 Dr. Doom. My FF villains consist of him, Super Skrull, Galactus, and now Mole Man. I think I will display them together on my shelf once Mole Man is finished. Give the FF the love that they aren't going to get in the movies.....or even the comics.

Yeah, I'm not as critical of Hasbro's early ML figures as some, but when it comes to the FF, you're talking the crowned jewels of the early TBML days. Nothing else has ever come close. When I was lucky enough to score a mint Boxed Set on Ebay, and then an Invisible Girl Clear Variant a week later, I sold every one of my Hasbro FF figures (excluding Mole Man and Ronan of course). I just didn't need them anymore.

IMG_5085__scaled_800.jpg

Wow, is that a canceled BAF? That thing looks amazing. I had no idea that was even on the table.

Yeah, he was the BAF of that cancelled FF animated series.

TB72520Alg.jpgTB72510Alg.jpg

Shame...though ive always considered modifying a couple of Toy Biz Masterworks for Mole Minions:

review_mwff_4.jpg

I ordered Mockingbird off of Amazon. She was $25 but I had points that brought her down to retail price. (I also got a 6" C3PO model that I am anxious to pose with my Black Series guys).

If anyone needs an Onslaught torso, let me know!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so, i guess this would bethe place to ask.. scored a nip x-men 2005 super articulated classic costume storm. i paid $10,and while the package certainly isn't worthy of grading, it wouldn't make a bad addition to a moc collection. google has proven useless, and it seems that old fashioned price guides don't exist anymore. so, going by ebay, it seems if i tore her open, I'd be throwing money away. is this true? i know ebay is a tough place to trust, but lacking other options, tis all i have.

thanks

so, i guess this would bethe place to ask.. scored a nip x-men 2005 super articulated classic costume storm. i paid $10,and while the package certainly isn't worthy of grading, it wouldn't make a bad addition to a moc collection. google has proven useless, and it seems that old fashioned price guides don't exist anymore. so, going by ebay, it seems if i tore her open, I'd be throwing money away. is this true? i know ebay is a tough place to trust, but lacking other options, tis all i have.

thanks

I have her loos but I have no idea what she sells for now. All I can say about ebay is check the "completed auctions" to see what people are really paying for it. Any BIN number is basically a fantasy price tag that people are sticking on it. They HOPE they get that much but it all depends on how much the buyer wants to pay.

thanks

They HOPE they get that much but it all depends on how much the buyer wants to pay.

The man is NOT wrong. A couple months back I sold a loose MacFarlane Spidey that had been buried in the bottom of my closet for over a year...I got 300 for it. A few months before that I sold a loose Toybiz Deadpool that had been going for upwards of 70...I got about 10 out of it.

The moral, its a crap-shoot. Don't buy action figures purely on the notion that you can make money off them later. That kind of speculating nearly wrecked the comic book industry and left a lot of wanna-be E.F. Hutton's standing around b---s hangin' with a lot of near-useless comics.

Stopped by Gamestop tonight and they had some Marvel Universe figures on clearence for $7.50. Picked up Thunderstrike and Armored Daredevil. Might have to go back and get Shanna the She Devil. Also had Doc Ock and Ultimate Spiderman but I didn't like either one/ Whats funny is I almost ordered a Armored DD off Ebay today for $9.

I completed my movie Ultron BAF trading with a dude from the Fwoosh. He looks great. I can't believe with all of the MCU movies that are out we only have three villains from Hasbro (I guess four if you count that little Yellowjacket that came with Ant Man).

• 2 months later...

I got my assorted Marvel Legends figures in the mail the other day...I scored an AOU War Machine along with a Marvel NOW Iron Man. I also got the CW Cap and Iron Man figures as well. They're great. I was really looking forward to posing my CW Iron Man in his "palms-out-repulsor-blast" pose, but his wrist joints are molded in such a way that he can't quite pull it off...it's more like he's just waving at someone awkwardly. (lol)

• 4 weeks later...

I was perusing through the Amazon Prime day sales & if you're a prime member they have the "Avengers Movie" 4 pack on sale for $36 for their Prime Day sale...I got the set w/Thor, Dr. Banner, Hawkeye & Black Widow...I was holding out till something like this happened...so here's the link, the sale for this ends in 5 hours & at this point its only 10% claimed.....

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=gbps_ftr_m-5_c722_page_4?ie=UTF8&node=13887280011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_r=8Z1ZFC73RR5AT8ZN4YZV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=befd7e4e-db39-4a3b-8c7a-595fb8a4c722&pf_rd_i=13887280011&gb_f_GB-SUPPLE=enforcedCategories:165793011,dealStates:AVAILABLE%252CWAITLIST%252CWAITLISTFULL,page:4,sortOrder:BY_PRICE_DESCENDING,MARKETING_ID:PD16%252Cjuly12devices,dealsPerPage:16&nocache=1468362145361

I forgot to post that I was out last weekend looking for the Civil War 2 pack exclusive as Walfart (didn't find shiii.) I stopped at an Walgreens & found a few boxes of Namor. I picked him up....not a bad fig all in all.....

I forgot to post that I was out last weekend looking for the Civil War 2 pack exclusive as Walfart (didn't find shiii.) I stopped at an Walgreens & found a few boxes of Namor. I picked him up....not a bad fig all in all.....

I've been hitting both TRUs in my area playing catch-up with G.I. Joe 50th but haven't found JACK ML-wise. Same for Wally-World (kinda goes without saying right?), and I still refuse to shop at Target.

Luckily, my sister is a pharmacy courier so I can have her check at the Walgreens' she stops at for Namor (I just have to explain what a Namor is).

Its to d--n hot for toy hunting.