Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

Ah... Sweet freedom. Thundra, Vision, and Inferior Venom are on their way, meaning I now have all the pieces to build Rhino and Hulkbuster. Now if the next series or two can just hold off till say, early-mid January I can enjoy a brief respite.

I'm holding out for "darkened Friday" to see if I can build the rest of Hulkbuster & Ultron....maybe Thanos.....however I did finally pick up an Agents of Shield 3 pack from TRU for $30 the other day....I took my gf out for her birthday & TRU was conveniently next door....the lady behind the counter was cool about me trading out mines for a one that didn't have an "cross-eyed" Son of Coul.....

If your into that classic Daredevil look, I spotted him at Walgreens last night.....I picked him up cause I'm sucker for DD (no pun.....sickos)...his yellow & red?costume may be affront to all that is cool but he's all DD....even w/the slightly changed Hawkeye head he was in my basket......he's $20 of course maybe I should wait till a sale comes along....Crom knows some stores are still swimming in Ant-men...

I've got a question fellas...the red Daredevil was one of the figures I've actively been on the lookout for recently, and I was under the impression that the yellow one was the rare variant. But this evening at Walgreens I found one lone red DD amongst like twenty or so yellow ones. So which one is supposed to be harder to find? Incidentally, I've always loathed Daredevil's original yellow costume, but I really loved the figure upon seeing it in person. I guess the yellow is not so stark and loud as I imagined it would be...it's darker than I expected, and his red eyes and highlights stand out great against it. When I can afford to, I'd love to go back and get one...

I've got a question fellas...the red Daredevil was one of the figures I've actively been on the lookout for recently, and I was under the impression that the yellow one was the rare variant. But this evening at Walgreens I found one lone red DD amongst like twenty or so yellow ones. So which one is supposed to be harder to find? Incidentally, I've always loathed Daredevil's original yellow costume, but I really loved the figure upon seeing it in person. I guess the yellow is not so stark and loud as I imagined it would be...it's darker than I expected, and his red eyes and highlights stand out great against it. When I can afford to, I'd love to go back and get one...

The yellow/classic DD is an Walgreens ethclusive.....its not that hard to find imop.....I spotted 10 of them the other night at a WG's....I picked one up cause I dig him too...the Red one is the one that's kinda hard to find but I've seen him at Target & Walmart & online as well...The Antman Walgreens exclusive wasn't that hard to find either....they're still on the shelves as well....

The yellow/classic DD is an Walgreens ethclusive.....its not that hard to find imop.....I spotted 10 of them the other night at a WG's....I picked one up cause I dig him too...the Red one is the one that's kinda hard to find but I've seen him at Target & Walmart & online as well...The Antman Walgreens exclusive wasn't that hard to find either....they're still on the shelves as well....

You know, its been months now and I've never seen the Hobgoblin wave in the wild. I had to order all mine off Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...

Mako, I've done a little of both....for all but I've waited till I can get them on sale. I try to the buy the ones that are hard to finds & then I knew for Xmas they would be out in clearance mode.....the hard to finds are usually TRU exclusives....I'm glad I didn't want the BAF Jubilee man that never showed up....anewayys....I've been a lot busier at work so I've been missing out on deals & sales...I just spied this one at Amazon for the Guardians of Galaxy...decent price if you weren't into the movie figs....I would but I'm in deep already....

http://www.amazon.com/Guardians-Galaxy-Marvel-Legends-Action/dp/B00WNNKA5W/ref=sr_1_11?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1449866180&sr=1-11&keywords=marvel+legends

I took advantage of the Amazon sale and got that Avengers 4 pack for $48 which is a good price even considering that I don't want 2 of the figures in it. (If anyone wants Hawkeye or Black Widow, let me know).

I love the Thor figure, though. One of my favorite MLs of the year. And they've done some good stuff this year.

If you missed out on a Marvel Select Hulk-buster Iron man they're on sale at the Disney store....course I bought 2 way back when they first came out cause I'm an idiot.....here's the link $20 buxx ain't bad for an Xmas gift.....

http://www.disneystore.com/iron-man-hulkbuster-action-figure-marvel-select-8/mp/1381735/1000255/

If you need a Hulk to bust, he's on sale too

http://www.disneystore.com/action-figures-toys-hulk-unleashed-action-figure-marvel-select-9/mp/1369663/1000255/

• 2 weeks later...

Ant Man Legends are down to an astounding $5.98 at Target. Tigershark and Grim Reaper were two figures on my "pass" list but at that price I picked them up with a smile on my face. Now I just need a right leg for my Ultron. I don't think I'll find any more Giant Mans in my area....

If you missed out on a Marvel Select Hulk-buster Iron man they're on sale at the Disney store....course I bought 2 way back when they first came out cause I'm an idiot.....here's the link $20 buxx ain't bad for an Xmas gift.....

http://www.disneystore.com/iron-man-hulkbuster-action-figure-marvel-select-8/mp/1381735/1000255/

If you need a Hulk to bust, he's on sale too

http://www.disneystore.com/action-figures-toys-hulk-unleashed-action-figure-marvel-select-9/mp/1369663/1000255/

Thanks GD! I have that Hulk already, but I missed out on the HB Iron Man. Maybe when I get paid again... (lol)

Spent some Christmas gift cards on some Marvel Legends...I got Sentry, Scarlet Witch, and Iron Fist. I have to be perfectly honest and admit that I've never been a huge Iron Fist fan...I mainly got this figure for the Allfather parts. I guess I just always hated his costumes, if not his powers or disposition. And I used to think his gold and white look was even sillier-looking that his yellow and green duds. Notice I said "used to"...having this figure in-hand has really changed my mind in a big way. I expected Sentry to be my favorite of the three I got (more on him in a minute), but I think Iron Fist is. It's just about a perfect figure in every way...I love the dragon symbol on his chest, and the slight blue highlights gives his white costume a really nice, realistic look. The yellow/gold parts are not as garish as I expected...in fact, the gold and white combination gives him a really dramatic, almost regal look. His sculpting is surprisingly detailed...he has this intense look on his face, an the slightly-squinting eyes of his mask have a cool pearlescent sheen to them that makes me think of a practical mask you'd see someone make for a live-action movie. It looks amazing. And I have to admit...he also makes me think of what Bruce Lee might have looked like as a superhero. (lol) I just love this figure, and I never would have guessed in a million years that I'd ever like it. It makes me want to know more about the character...I essentially know nothing about him.

I was kinda disappointed in Sentry...he's been one of the select few in this line initially that I really wanted, and he still looks great in person, but I noticed his legs and waist joints were pretty loose right out of the package. And he almost has Hulk-like proportions, just bulky and unwieldy. Also, I kept trying to pose him, and something just kept bugging me about the figure in general, and I couldn't put my finger on what it was. Finally it dawned on me that his cape is molded in such a way that it restricts how he stands, and that was somewhat frustrating. I still like it I guess. Maybe it will grow on me the more I fiddle with it...

Scarlet Witch looks awesome, but her tiny high-heeled feet don't seem to allow her to stand very well, and my particular figure came with some slight streaks of red paint on her upper chest...it looks like she's been scratched in battle or maybe tangled with Wolverine at some point. (lol)

All in all they're great-looking figures with some minor issues, but Iron Fist has turned out to be the real gem amongst these three, and that's been so surprising to me. I guess I was spoiled by the quality of the Walgreens Daredevil figures, so I wasn't expecting any issues, especially after watching some positive reviews of them online.

Scarlet Witch looks awesome, but her tiny high-heeled feet don't seem to allow her to stand very well,

If I had oversight over all female action figures, I would ban any and all high heel foot sculpts regardless of comic and/or movie accuracy. I have never seen any female action figure stand on her own with high heels. They must all be wiped out of existence!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good set. The Thor is a stand out and I've got a really cool display with that Banner and my Hulk. I got it at half off, wouldn't have wanted to pay the full price, myself.

I ended up putting down 73.85 at Amazon, which isn't bad in my book. It's still a 7% discount, and less than I would pay for four Marvel Legends at retail. And, as you said, it's a really great set.

Looks like my AoU set got lost in the mail (technically on its way TO the mail). Amazon doesn't sound very optimistic about it turning up either. Basically they told me they'll give it 24 hours to show on somebody's system, or they'll contact me Monday to arrange a Refund/Replacement.

Dude, it is not a good sign when the store you bought the thing from is the one who brings up the "R" word.

Finally broke down and ordered the Age of Ultron 4-pack. Sure, if I'd been a little more timely I could've had it for $ 40.00, but I'm not complaining.

(Son of a . . . !!!)

If you contact Amazon customer service (their chat function is really great for this) they will refund you the difference between what you paid and the current price. So if you catch it when the pack is $40 you'll get back $33.85. You only have 7 days from the arrival date to do it though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us/ref=hp_gt_comp_cu?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

• 3 weeks later...

Finally broke down and ordered the Age of Ultron 4-pack. Sure, if I'd been a little more timely I could've had it for $ 40.00, but I'm not complaining.

(Son of a . . . !!!)

If you contact Amazon customer service (their chat function is really great for this) they will refund you the difference between what you paid and the current price. So if you catch it when the pack is $40 you'll get back $33.85. You only have 7 days from the arrival date to do it though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us/ref=hp_gt_comp_cu?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

Nah. Amazon has always been really great as far as customer service is concerned. Never had any problem. That's why I try not to bug 'em unless somebody REALLY screws the pooch.

If I miss a sale, I miss a sale. It's on my head.

Scored the Spider-Gwen today. They had the whole wave minus the lady Beetle. I was tempted on a few of the others like Mobius and Jack O lantern but as cool as they look, I don't know too much about them.

Gwen is pretty sweet and I'm looking forward to some of the newer Marvel heroes coming out like Miles Spidey. One of the things I like about DC is the legacy characters like Superboy, Robin, Supergirl, etc. Marvel never really had characters like that but this new crop of heroes that they're currently promoting, while very much on the P.C. side, should make for some cool figures.

Onslaught Cap came in today. Considering how much I HATE the new "skinny" buck, I like this figure a lot more than I thought I would. Of course how can you go wrong with "classic" Cap.

Still, would have rather had it on the "Bucky-Cap" buck.