Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

I got the Toy Biz ML Black Widow yesterday. Yep, the one everyone thinks is ugly. I like her. I've been in the TB ML mood lately. In the past week I've got Silver Centurion Iron Man, Stealth Armor Iron Man variant (good deal on one with a broken head that's easily glueable), and Mr. Fantastic. I know Hasbro does a good job, particularly with recent releases, but I think I'll always have a soft spot for TB.

That old BW is still my go-to Widow. Same thing with Elektra. Some of ToyBiz' stuff was crap, but I really loved a lot of those figures.

Now I'm getting ready to offer up my Hasbro boobs-out black version as trade bait. I just have to think of a few figures that I need of equal value. I know trading off that figure sounds like blasphemy but I do still have the Hasbro boobs-out grey version as well. That's four Black Widows in my collection (counting the Scar Jo BW) and that's one too many.

• 2 weeks later...

Just now working on the Ant-man wave...I'm going through heavy burn out lately....I can see why some people hang it up for a couple years....I was looking for new Star Wars Black figs at Target (what was I thinking? they never have Shiii lately) & found the pegs clogged w/Obi-wans & Hans...depression set in.....I'm going into fit mode...Target is harshing my mellow like Walmart crushes collector's dreams....I can see a "Special Sales Sign" up .....buy one at regular price get the second at 50% off.....it stands for Ninja Turtles, Mattel..and gasp....Marvel Avengers?....I leap to the Marvel Legends pegs & start scooping figs up like the Tazmanian Devil....they were full up w/Wasps & Boomerangs....I was able to snag up Antman Scott Lang, Wasp, Tigershark & Bulldozer....in the math it was 16 bux for a fig....I wasn't able to get Giant Man & Grim Reaper but that's another hunt....I've haven't seen BAF Rhino or Hulkbuster yet....

Between TRU.com & a local Target I've got all of the Rhino wave except Ghost Rider now & received my Ant-Man & Book of Vishanti sets from HTS earlier this week. If I can find GR, that should catch me up on all waves for the time being on Marvel Legends figs.

Got Chameleon as well. used a WWE suited HHH body for Hammerhead. definitely bigger than the official Marvel stats, but he looks like a badass enforcer to me.

Not even close to comic accurate, but I dig it too. Good work.

Got the whole Rhino wave today at target, just walked right in great wave, just need Hulk wave Strange to go with my Sdcc 2015 ASTRO strange.goind to get a small metal chain from home Depot and maybe a ghost rider movie bike for my new GR.i really liked that bike.

Nice pictures.

No sign on the Hulkbuster wave in my area yet. One partial sighing of the Rhino wave one time at one TRU. Judging by the amount of Hobgoblin wave figures at all of my Targets (no fewer than 10 Anti-Venoms at each location), it may be a while for me.

Nice pictures.

No sign on the Hulkbuster wave in my area yet. One partial sighing of the Rhino wave one time at one TRU. Judging by the amount of Hobgoblin wave figures at all of my Targets (no fewer than 10 Anti-Venoms at each location), it may be a while for me.

Thanks Yeah, no hulk buster wave around here got strange on amazon, and saw a little bit of the rhino wave at Toys R Us got my wave at one target

Nice pictures.

Hey, I've still never seen the Hobgoblin wave in the wild. The Ultron series has pretty much faded away, now its just the remains of the Goblin and All-Father waves. Hopefully Rhino and Hulkbuster show soon, cause once I exhaust the decently priced ML (and my 30 day Prime trial) on Amazon, I'm SOL.

I ordered Scarlet Spider off of amazon for a few dollars less than retail. Anyone who started reading comics in the 90s knows about this guy, I have fond memories of my brother getting all the Clone Saga books and me making fun of him for it. Now I hear a lot of people singing the praises of this figure. It's funny, back then he was infamous, now he's beloved!

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped by Walgreens looking for some BAF Hulkbuster love....2 weekends ago I score an War Machine & Valkryie, last weekend I picked up Dr. Strange & Blizzard.....I should have my head checked for buying this wave w/out an sale of some sort.....I passed on a lonely Vision cause he had some paint & scuffing issues....there was a lot of plastic/paint chunks built up on the flexible areas of this Vision so I left him there.....Wanda's lonely for now but soon she'll get her Android lover...I have only seen one figure from the BAF Rhino wave at Target...it was Scarlett Spider! YJB....I left him cause I was broke....oh & I'm thinking about taking my Dr. Strange back...his neck is having issues w/looseness....seems like the good Dr. likes staring at the floor a lot...

Still no sign of anything past the Ultron wave at ANY store within 30 miles of me.

Still, its the last day of my Prime trial so I'm celebrating the occasion by ordering the last two non-scalper priced Hulkbuster figures (Blizzard and Marvel Why! Iron Man) on site. Man, with my impatience I'm gonna miss that free two-day shipping.

if your hunting the HB here in the Valley of Sun...Walgreens is your one place stop for toys???........well cause every other store overloaded up on the BAF Odin waves WG's is one of the only spots releasing the newer waves....however there was one lonely Target last weekend that had some BAF Rhino love on the pegs (and to the wide eyed collector who spotted me on the way out of said Target, sorry but at least I left you Scarlet Spider & the others).....so I abandoned my BAF HB for now....I was able to snag up the Chameleon, Superior Venom & Kraven!! aaawwwes yeahyuhhh but w/no sale in sight it was like a kick to "wolfman's nards"....it hurt & I howled at the non-savings....waves are slowly dropping so keep an eye out....I have to confess I still haven't finished my BAF Groot or Ultron...My wallet is severly broken this year....& it appears were only into Wave 1 of the new star wars black series....I say ouch but w/much love, Hasbro.....

And still the national debt continues...man Hasslebro is killing me.....Hi my name is GD & I'm a toyholic...whew my wallet is on fire...I secured an BAF HB Vision & Non-Valkrie fighter....all I'm missing is Iron Man #123 Spelunker Armor Ironman....would have to be an leg piece...

We interrupt these BAF series' . . .

Though I've never had any problem with it before, the right leg of my Ultimate Beetle just arbitrarily decided to break off at the mid-thigh swivel (while it was in storage no less!). Fortunately, I was able to find a loose Beetle from an HK Ebayer for 7.99 shipped. It was a pain in the butt I didn't need while hunting for HB and Rhino series' figures, but at least it was a relatively easy fix.

Seems like Hulkbuster wave and Rhino wave are starting to pop up at other places. After finally seeing Vision (and completing my Hulkbuster) for the first time last weekend at a Walgreens out of town, I stop by Walmart and the have two full sets of both waves on an endcap. Also saw Rhino wave at Toys R Us. I expect to see things start popping up a little more since we are coming up on the Christmas season.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the whole HB wave just for the HB. Didn't want any of the other figures.

Then I went to a local comic con last weekend and found a loose HB for $60, probably the lowest you'll find that figure. Bought that one and returned the HB wave of figures, made over half my money back. So that worked out.

As for the Rhino wave, I bought more than I thought I would. Got the Scarlet Spider, he was one I definitely wanted, and the Chameleon. Those were the only two I planned on getting. Then I saw the Rhino torso loose at a LCS for $5 and I was officially on the slippery slope. A crappy day at work sent me on a TRU run afterwards and I found myself buying the Kraven and Ghost Rider.

Now I need a Rhino right arm. A am absolutely, definitely not buying Superior Venom. Definitely. Can anyone help?

I've flirted with getting on board with this line in the past year or so...I bought Gamora and Rocket Racoon awhile back and loved them, but paint issues always kept me away from the rest, that and I always presumed the plastic was too soft on other figures. Well, I got to attend a convention this past Sunday, and I found a couple of dealers selling Marvel Legends for fifteen bucks a pop. I scored an AOU Hulk I've been tempted to get forever (I never liked his gangly-looking elbow joints and the gap in his chest joint, but I thought I'd give him a try), Thor, which is a figure I've actively looked for in stores lately, and Drax the Destroyer. I got these guys home and opened them immediately, which is entirely opposed to my nature. I was so pleasantly surprised with the quality of these figures! They sport solid plastic, and they feel very sturdy in-hand surprisingly, and they have great paint jobs. As for the gap in Hulk's torso joint, I repositioned it until it looked more natural, and now it's not even noticable...

The only problem I've noticed is the Hulk and Drax have slightly-loose torso joints, but it's not a deal-breaker in the least for me. They all stand and pose so very well...I'm just happy all the way around with these figures, and it makes me wish I had taken more advantage of those sellers and bought more of them. I just can't stop picking the Hulk up and looking at it. I love these and can't wait to get my hands on more of them.