Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

That makes me wonder if some of the Targets will skip the BAF Odin wave completely.....Walmart & TRU are the only box stores I've even spotted the BAF Odin Waves at.....& even then it was scarce as all get out....I did spot an BAF Hobgoblin Wave fig at Walgreens last week, it was Spiderwoman or girl or lady or miss....anewayyys, the Targets here still have BAF Groots & BAF Super Green Goblin & BAF Mandroid waves still rotting on the shelves....I have not seen anyone clearance those waves out but Walmart, I know releasing all the lines at nearly the same time does create problems for the newer waves..i.e. Star Wars Black....I still haven't seen the Yoda wave since I 1st bought it back in Feb....well I'm glad you made out good KillSolo.....I'm gonna be a stick in the mud & prolly just pick up Hellcat, Batroc & Spiderwoman.....I have a great Hulk already & about hundred Caps & Iron mins.....

I've seen the Odin waves at all four Targets around me. They got them before anywhere else did. Haven't seen the new Spidey wave or Avengers wave but then again I'm not really looking.

That makes me wonder if some of the Targets will skip the BAF Odin wave completely.....Walmart & TRU are the only box stores I've even spotted the BAF Odin Waves at.....& even then it was scarce as all get out....I did spot an BAF Hobgoblin Wave fig at Walgreens last week, it was Spiderwoman or girl or lady or miss....anewayyys, the Targets here still have BAF Groots & BAF Super Green Goblin & BAF Mandroid waves still rotting on the shelves....I have not seen anyone clearance those waves out but Walmart, I know releasing all the lines at nearly the same time does create problems for the newer waves..i.e. Star Wars Black....I still haven't seen the Yoda wave since I 1st bought it back in Feb....well I'm glad you made out good KillSolo.....I'm gonna be a stick in the mud & prolly just pick up Hellcat, Batroc & Spiderwoman.....I have a great Hulk already & about hundred Caps & Iron mins.....

I've seen the Odin waves at all four Targets around me. They got them before anywhere else did. Haven't seen the new Spidey wave or Avengers wave but then again I'm not really looking.

I've seen nothing new Marvel Legend-wise at Target here in the Phx area all I've seen is the remnants of BAF's Mandroid/Groot/Ultimate Green Goblin.....I have no idea what they're waiting on...I went last night as well & just saw a sad empty aisle.....maybe they're waiting for Easter, it seems to have become a huge toy holiday? I dunno.....Walmart is getting the BAF Odin waves but the only figs I've spotted are Iron Fist & Hawkeye left, Toysrus had the whole wave in once but they're dried up too....its all a waiting game as the movie draws closer

20150331_151349-1-1.jpg

Toy gods have been kind.

I look at that picture and think of two things I don't have: $240 and shelf space! But very cool!

My Spider-Woman will be here in two days. I can't wait to offend bored women's lib watchdogs with all the raunchy poses I'm going to put her in @smilepunch@

lol I don't have shelf space either, they are all in boxes except for an ever shifting display that ranges from Avengers to X-men. The Thanos wave case was in Hasbrotoyshop with a 15% discount promo code and I sold the extra Hulk and Iron Man in a Marvel Legends Facebook group so I made some money back since one of a movie figure is more than enough. I also collect Marvel Legends almost exclusively since most of the other lines I collect have dried up or no longer intererest me, this makes it easier trust me.

Spider-Woman came today. She's as good as all the hype is saying. I really like the wing accessories. I'm a Toy Biz fan but Hasbro is killing it with these female figures.

So in the past week my Marvel haul has been:

SHIELD 3 pack

Spider-Woman

TB Vision

TB Iron Fist

Hasbro Cannonball

and that's not counting DC guys...

Got my case of BAF Hobgoblin Spiderman....seeing as it was sposed to come in later this month it's fine w/me....I wasn't able to crack it open last night due to outside forces yesterday but I'll take a look tonight.....I see HTS has 2 different cases of BAF Hobgoblin offered now FYI....okay now I have a small gripe....seems like whenever new waves of Marvel legends come out they have an sale....like a BOGO@50% or maybe 20% off regular figs of legends.....its happened w/the BAF Groot, Mandroid & Super Green Gobs back when they were brand new....& now this week w/the Avengers BAF Odin/Hobs/Thanos there's a sale going on at Target but to my utter frustration they still only have the older waves on the shelves.....by that I mean BAF Groot/Mandroid/Mean Green Gobs....I just need Drax but can't find him but Cup-holder shoulder Iron man is burning up the pegs as well as Deep Blue Captain America & Boomerang & Un-superior Spidermin....they are everywhere.....& this sale is moot....Walmarts mostly have these figs but now Hawkeye is burning up the pegs along w/the guys that I mentioned.......It would be nice to find Hellcat, Spiderwoman & Batroc before this sale ends but sadly I don't think its in the cards....just a little frustrated about this....I don't know if anyone else has noticed this practice but it's almost like when I had a 20% off coupon for Toysrus & I wanted to apply it to an Star Wars AT-AT but it was off their website for awhile but low & behold the coupon expired & the AT-AT was back up on the site...now its a crapshoot w/TRU about their coupons, when I do get a coupon from them its "In Store" use only....of course they don't have what I want in stock sooooo I'm crying a river about my #1stworldproblems or #toyboyblues #trudoesn'tcareabouttoypeople....

I was gonna wait until my tax return posted to do any more buying, but I just couldn't resist the SHIELD 3-pack. Ordered it this afternoon, picking it up in the morning.

How could I not? Son of Coul, Maria Hill, and they even fixed Fury's feet! The sale didn't hurt either. ;)

Typical. Months of nothing, then it all hits at once. Thanos series is out at my local Target. It took some serious self control, but I managed to escape without picking up the whole wave. Did get the Hulk though.

Hoping to see the Thanos wave in canada soon! I just picked up all the BAF ODIN AVENGERS INFINITE SERIES AT TRU & THE ORIGINAL X-MEN BOXED SET FOR $59.99 (REDUCED)

Typical. Months of nothing, then it all hits at once. Thanos series is out at my local Target. It took some serious self control, but I managed to escape without picking up the whole wave. Did get the Hulk though.

Okay, I'm a weak, weak toy whore. I went back and got Cap and IM. But hey, Monday isn't even over and I've already had me a week. I had this coming!

It's starting to seem like all I've gotten lately from the Has' are QC headaches.

I went into Walmart yesterday (the one where I picked up my first Scarlet Witch) and grabbed Machine Man. Guess what? Same loose hips that SW suffered from.

Back to Walmart for a refund.

Since I'm already out, and it's to late to put the 21.76 back in the bank, I head to Target (the one where I got my second Scarlet Witch) to see if I can find another MM. Instead, I opt for Iron Fist. Great figure, nice tight hip joints . . . and a crotch that apparently was never glued together at the factory . . . AT ALL!

Just for future reference Hasbro, the build-a-figures are the ones that come in pieces. The ones you charge us 20+ bucks a pop for are the ones YOU put together.

Looks like its back to Target.

• 2 weeks later...

Yikes Mako.....I really need to bust my dudes out & make sure they're not gonna fall apart if I look at them sideways....well finally after some hunting round I picked up an Batroc & SpiderWoman....damn these two were hard to find but they'll be out for abit hopefully....these last few waves are spotty here...seems like Target, Walmart & TRU are inconsistent....as far as new waves go my Targets are carrying the BAF Thanos wave but never really saw the BAF Odin waves at Target ever....Walmart is carrying the BAF Odin wave but I haven't spotted any Thanos action there yet & the BAF Hobgoblin is very rare.....TRU's here are selling the BAF Odin & Thanos Waves but haven't seen the BAF Hobgoblin or the Shield 3 packs but I'm going back this weekend to check it out....I'm kinda waiting on a coupon.....& Walgreens I hear is coming up w/the BAF Hobgobin waves as well as some of the newer Star Wars Black figs...it could be we just haven't felt the full assault of Age of Ultron fever yet...time will tell I guess...

• 2 weeks later...

The Spider-Woman I ordered off Amazon arrived yesterday. This is probably the figure I'm going to judge all other Marvel Legends by from here on. Yeah, its that good.

As for what's showing where, the only thing I can't find is the Hobgoblin Series, and I mean ANYWHERE. I've been to Walmarts, Targets, and TRUs in three different cities . . . zilch. I tend to attribute that to the Has' concentrating on getting the more Avengers related stuff out in time for the movie. Of course, with Odin and Thanos waves hitting pretty much at the same time, I'm not complaining.

I have only seen 1 figure from the BAF Hobgoblin series & that was at Walgreens about a month & a 1/2 ago.....it was Spider-woman....that is all....nothing at the box-stores as far as I've seen other than older legends waves & the Odin wave came & went so fast....I'm glad I bought most of my stuff online....I know its hard to QC stuff that you can't physically see but it beats driving around allllll day w/nothing to show for.....

The Spider-Woman I ordered off Amazon arrived yesterday. This is probably the figure I'm going to judge all other Marvel Legends by from here on. Yeah, its that good.

It is a very good figure. One of Hasbro's best since taking over the line.

Since I'm in the "hauls" thread I may as well report that I scored a Marvel Select Thanos on Free Comic Book Day. IMO this Thanos > the Hasbro's BAF Thanos. Bigger, comes with the Infinity Gauntlet, and has the classic look that I always like for my superhero figures. This guy needed to be in my collection!

Since I'm in the "hauls" thread I may as well report that I scored a Marvel Select Thanos on Free Comic Book Day. IMO this Thanos > the Hasbro's BAF Thanos. Bigger, comes with the Infinity Gauntlet, and has the classic look that I always like for my superhero figures. This guy needed to be in my collection!

I agree. Love the select figure and have no desire to get the ml

IMO this Thanos > the Hasbro's BAF Thanos.

I don't compare Select and Legends. Obviously each is going to blow the other away in certain aspects, but not in others.

I'm sure the Select Thanos is a great figure, but I'm happy with the Legends version (or will be once I have a torso to go with the arms, legs and head I have now).

• 2 weeks later...

I am really surprised that I have been able to hold off on getting the new movie Avengers figures. Is it that I have new found self control or that my action figure collections are all in complete disarray due to my move?

I am really surprised that I have been able to hold off on getting the new movie Avengers figures. Is it that I have new found self control or that my action figure collections are all in complete disarray due to my move?

Six of one, half-a-dozen of the other.

Now me, I bought up the new movie Avengers as soon as they hit. Of course that's mostly because the last Avengers line hit during my self-imposed moratorium from collecting, so I missed out.

I got that impossible-to-find original movie wave through much hunting and the good graces of fellow collectors willing to help me out. I'm proud of that set. I think that's also part of the reason why I'm not in a rush for the newer stuff. It would feel like replacing them.

Yet another hole in my ToyBiz collection filled. After finding a MIB Fantastic Four Boxed Set a month or two back, all I needed was the Clear Sue variant. That would mean finding a loose one for a decent price, or forking over 130 bucks for the whole variant set. Well looks like I got lucky. Loose figure in very good condition, 13.35 shipped. Got here this morning, and even included the figure stand.

Its true, some days you DO get the bear.

Slowly but surely, I'm restoring my 'Biz collection to its former glory.