Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

I also won a ML Stan Lee which I can't wait to get!

NICE! Just take it from someone who learned the hard way, watch those sunglasses! Once you lose 'em, forget finding a suitable replacement.

Got Stan in the mail today and maaaaaaaan! What a great figure! I'm completely torn now. Do I display Stan the Man next to all of his creations or do I display the Spider-Man, which I do believe may be my favorite ever? Mako, which one do you display??? Now I've got the Toy Biz first appearance SM on my radar just so I can slap Stan's head, hands and shoes on the body. I just don't know if the pegs on the TB version will be compatible with the Hasbro one. Does anyone know?

2015-01-27%2019.02.35_zpswnyfawdn.jpg

Got Stan in the mail today and maaaaaaaan! What a great figure! I'm completely torn now. Do I display Stan the Man next to all of his creations or do I display the Spider-Man, which I do believe may be my favorite ever? Mako, which one do you display???

Depends on the mood I'm in. Mostly, I display it as Peter Parker. You're right though, it is a cool figure. I wish they did more exclusives like that one.

Damn you all father wave! I've got a target outside my place in downtown Chicago loop, found them all there. Best scarlet witch ever! Erases the horrible one from way back. $19.99 each, Jesus! no wonder I stopped, well thank god I got a bonus this year.

I found the 3 packs (Cap/Ms. Marvel/RadiationMan)(that's Radioactive man Jerk) at one Target on Clearance Clarence, they were priced at $25 & some change....I picked up an set & since I had bought one at full price wayyy back when it was first released I immediately opened this set.....Poor Cap had developed "gummy leg".....its a rare condition that affects 1/3 of our toy heroes today.....later this week I'm starting an Kickstarter campaign to eliminate "Gummy Leg" & other syndromes our plastic lil men & Robits suffer from......I didn't have the care facilities that Cap needed to overcome his bowleggedness so I packed him back up & took him back.....I could've taken him to Island of Misfit Toys but he'll end up there anyway......on sale at Ross for $12 I bet......I went to 2 other Targets & they were still hanging on to the hope that someone would buy the 3 packs at $40....I'll wait & hope I run into the BAF Odin waves.....

Apparently my tru got the all-father wave in, but i was told by an employee that another employee grabed the case, and bought all the figures except for one hawkeye. Then a third employee bought the hawkeye. The first employee is a friend of mine who told me the story. But they have the tags for them up, so maybe they will get more, or I can score some at target, and maybe walmart... I hate scalper employees!

And how do you know for sure he's a scalper? I'd think a scalper would have bought the whole case outright. Perhaps he's a collector who just wanted to get the whole wave at once. That's what I did when I found them last week at Target. Although I did grab the second Hawkeye for my friend. Just sayin'.

And how do you know for sure he's a scalper? I'd think a scalper would have bought the whole case outright. Perhaps he's a collector who just wanted to get the whole wave at once. That's what I did when I found them last week at Target. Although I did grab the second Hawkeye for my friend. Just sayin'.

And someone probably came in after you, saw the empty pegs and said, "Ugh! Dirty, rotten scalper!" That's the knee-jerk reaction when we find we got there too late to get the new stuff. The reality is that the availability (particularly at this early stage) is low in the first place and it could have just as easily have been another collector/fan like you or me that just happened to get their first.

I don't even really blame employees who buy them first. If they're fans and they're in a position to get what they want and they're not breaking any policy or doing any shady business, go for it. I worked at Target in the late 90s when people cared about Power of the Force 2 figures. I was able to score pretty much any figure that I wanted. It was nice.

I worked at Target in the late 90s when people cared about Power of the Force 2 figures. I was able to score pretty much any figure that I wanted. It was nice.

It's funny, when I worked at Target I rarely ever bought figures there. I was collecting back then sure, but running a register at Target was something I did to make my bones, something I HAD to do. Combining it with something I did purely for fun just never felt right . . . but that was just me.

I know b/c my tru employee friend Jack, has told me experiences he has had with the same guy, Steven, out right telling him, and other employees to be on the look out for, whatever hot toy is showing up at that time, b/c hes looking for it to resale. It is well known with the employees of the store that he buys toys and resales them on ebay. The collectors as a group have applied the term scalper to those ones who do this type of behavior.

1423600594[/url]' post='16818885']

Waited years for this guy. was sick of seeing him in the glass case at comic-con and not be able to actually own them. Very happy

20150210_122512_RichtoneHDR_zpsbxo3qk0f.jpg

Good pic! great Fig! Mine had two right feet, and the left 'right' foot was loose so I had to exchange him, thank God there was an extra one, wish I kept the extra arms.

Was able to get most of these at Walmart.com minus the ladies as they have sold out, the next day I went to TRU right before they opened felt very scalperish but I was able to get the ladies they had 3 Scarlet Wicth figures so I was able to pick the best looking one, feels good to be done. Unfortunately people are finding the Spidey wave in California already so looks like my wallet is not getting a break. Then the Thanos wave, and then Ant Man wave and I hope to God the others that have popped into the system are 2016.

Scored a set of the Hobgoblin BAF wave this morning. The new Spidey is pretty rad.

Figures, Some of you guys are already getting Spider-Man. I've been running my butt off since the ice started melting, and all I've found are a pair of Hawkeyes.