Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

My wife and I were on Fall Break out of town yesterday, and I got a Marvel Select Winter Soldier Cap at a Disney Store outlet. Incidentally, I also scored a couple of old vintage Marvel Books Crystar storybooks which were mint and unused. I found them at an antique and collectibles store, and they had an old cardboard store counter-top display full of them. They sport a little bit of age on the covers, but you have to hold them in the right light to see it. Otherwise they look brand-new and mint. I flipped through them, and they have awesome painted artwork on the inside.

My wife got me the SDCC Psylocke for my birthday on Sunday. This figure was sitting at a local comic shop for a whopping (but not unheard of) price of $114 loose! She was able to talk them down to an unspecified amount. She also made me a "Psylocke" birthday card out up a lobotomized mermaid bday card for a 6 year old girl. How creative!

2014-10-14054710_zps1727db3f.jpg

Part of me wants to paint that belt pink to match her 90s look but how do you paint something that expensive???

^I'm a bad distant friend YJB...during the long weekend I was non-existant in cyberland....Happy Birthday...belated of course....your wife is awesome, hope you had an great b-day w/family & friends. DB, my Disney store is swimming in Winter Soldiers, Caps & Amazing Spidermen...they did have the 2 pack of Electro Vs Spidey....no sign of Zombie Magneto though...very limited on Star Wars Black figs...nothing but Obi-wans

Imagine my surprise yesterday when I stopped in at Target for a little Christmas shopping and found a GOTG Drax on the pegs. Nothing else but the same old Cosmic Iron Men and a Star-Lord.

Also happened upon a Constrictor in the Walmart clearance isle for 9.00.

Factor in the '66 Batmobile my sister let slip she got me for Christmas and it wasn't a bad weekend.

Hey hey I got my Marvel Select Zombie Magneto!......It looks great in the box but I'll never know how it feels to hug my Zombie Mags on a cold cold night(I imagine its even colder cause he's a rotting corpse)....as I'm mostly a MOC collector, I haven't seen this fig anywhere so I'm glad I purchased it through TRU.com.....I've seen reviews & it didn't seem like Mags received an great review, I do believe they mentioned posing issues but hey my Mags is biologically retired so I'm not worried about Super-poses or Mirror strutting but he's sitting next to my Zombie Hulk waiting for the day they can feast on my Star Wars Black StormTroopers thus completing the circle of death....

I've been in the clouds lately....I picked up the Marvel Infinite Spending 3 Pack last week....I called around(first store I called the redshirt was surprised at a new pack was being sold, he was happy to hear about some more figs coming out) after work & found a Terget that had 4 packs in the rest of the Valley was barren.....So the Redshirt was telling me they had 4 in but they had a "street date"....so he didn't know if he could sell it to me.....I told him you can trust me I won't tell anyone for at least a week.....I gave him my hard luck story of being a single dad to 4 imaginary children & how my imaginary wife passed away & I have to raise my girls w/my 2 other imaginary friends from high school.....it makes for a "full house" I told him winking...he finally appeared disgusted at a grown man begging & tearing up for toyz.....he went to the back & was gone for 15 mins, I almost thought he had ditched me & gone home.....but he came back w/the Caps & his lil friend in hand.....the paint apps look okay on Cap & Radiation man (that's Radioactive man jerk)....but Ms. Marvel is kinda iffy on her thighs....(never though I would ever type that phrase)....she's not bad but not great either....I'm still impressed w/this pack.....so I finished up & left the check-out girl was very cool & thought it was cool I was buying this for myself instead of playing it off that it was for my imaginary kids.....upon entering the car as my poor unfortunate GF had to wait for me she inquired why I hadn't bought 2x of the packs.....I barely got this one after much theatrics I told her.....the real issue now is to find the Star Wars Black Johnny Cash Squad......those Shadow Squads are allllll sold out here...

I'm probably not going to spring for that three pack but it looks good. I am happy with Toy Bizs Ms. Marvel, I have the Caps I need, and Radioactive Man is not a must for me.

I think it was last week or close to a week ago when I went to Target and saw Black Widow there for maybe my fourth time ever seeing her at retail. I left it because I'm currently unaware of anyone who's been looking for her. Well I just went back there today and to my surprise she was still there! Front and center on the pegs just like last time.

I'm probably not going to spring for that three pack but it looks good. I am happy with Toy Bizs Ms. Marvel, I have the Caps I need, and Radioactive Man is not a must for me.

I think it was last week or close to a week ago when I went to Target and saw Black Widow there for maybe my fourth time ever seeing her at retail. I left it because I'm currently unaware of anyone who's been looking for her. Well I just went back there today and to my surprise she was still there! Front and center on the pegs just like last time.

Right now new Cap & Winter Soldier are burning up the pegs here.....I keep hearing other hunters seeing AIM & Hydra troops being sighted on the pegs but I haven't seen shiii besides Caps & WS...one Walmart I went to had & 7 WS's burning it up....other Legends Pegheaters.....GOTG Cupholder Shoulder Iron Man this guy is every where you don't want him to be.....Ultimate Spidey & Boomerang are holding steady as well..........& my TRU's they don't even know what the Jubilee wave is.....I saw Stryfe & Wolvy 2 months ago & I haven't seen any since that time....I woulda like to snatch up Storm & maybe Mags...but I'll never know....YJB I told myself I wouldn't buy the 3 pack either but here I am....still holding up my Radioactive Man up to the sunlight cause he's "not for eating, its just for lookin through"....

Found that Target three pack on sale yesterday for $50 and while I don't need the figures enough to justify it, I'd be willing to buy Ms. Marvel's red belt if anyone is going to customize her and is willing to part with it. See, I think it would be a perfect substitute for the grey belt that come on my SDCC Psylocke (see above!), I'm looking to give her a more classic look. and by "classic" I mean 1990's!

I foresee this set and the black Stromtroopers being plentiful for Christmas time. This is the kind of thing retailers love putting on sale. In fact I can imagine more and bigger sales on these as the weeks go by. Much to the chagrin of ebay scalpers who are grabbing this and trying to break it down and get $40-$50 per figure.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the 3-Pack I ordered from Target this afternoon. The figures were gorgeous, perfect paint, everything was great. Then I opened it and found Cap's right hand was stuck. Naturally I tried to work it free by twisting it carefully back and fourth . . . and broke the darn thing off. Fortunately I was able to return it for an exchange to my local Target. Of course that Cap's hand was stuck as well! (I since a pattern.)

This time I used a precision screw driver to CAREFULLY pry around where the post goes into the hand itself and got the hand moving without breakage.

Downside: paintwork isn't quite as clean on this new set. Upside: got a 4.50 refund in addition to the new set.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after a grueling week of work, my wife bought me Marvel Select Venom as a reward for working hard. Even though I strictly buy Marvel Legends, this figure is still a stunner and gets an A+ in every aspect (Venom is depicted slightly bigger these days anyway, right?) Wow, three heads, multiple hands, optional creepy little heads backpack, and all the articulation you could want. How did I go so long without this gem?

One question...I bought the rerelease and looking on youtube, it appears the first one's tongue was removable. The tongue on mine is stuck in there pretty good and I don't want to break it. Could the removable tongue be a feature they took out for the rerelease?

Great Bday haul Belmont & Mako, yikes I haven't opened my 3 pack yet but I think I'd better...before all the suitable exchanges are gone......& YJB your wife Rules sir...I was salivating over that MS Venom but I haven't seen him at retail, online only so he's on my long list of MS's to pick up but my list is long so I hope I can pick him up in the future.....I did play the Ebay game yesterday & picked up an Mandroid for a reasonable price...I'm just waiting for delivery....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For all those who waited.....the time is now.....the Target 3 pack exclusive w Cap/Marvel/ & Radiation man.....that's Radioactive Man jerk.......is at clearance online for $30 which is great buy imop....I paid full price *sucker* for this set & prolly need to open the sumbitc% to make sure Cap or any of his friends have any QC issues.....I bet we'll see these at Ross in the near future....

http://www.target.com/p/marvel-captain-america-legends-infinite-series-figure-collection-pack-of-3/-/A-15352159#prodSlot=medium_1_12&term=marvel+legends

For all those who waited.....the time is now.....the Target 3 pack exclusive w Cap/Marvel/ & Radiation man.....that's Radioactive Man jerk.......is at clearance online for $30 which is great buy imop....I paid full price *sucker* for this set & prolly need to open the sumbitc% to make sure Cap or any of his friends have any QC issues.....I bet we'll see these at Ross in the near future....

http://www.target.com/p/marvel-captain-america-legends-infinite-series-figure-collection-pack-of-3/-/A-15352159#prodSlot=medium_1_12&term=marvel+legends

I could smell this one coming when it 'twas but a couple days before Christmas and you could still find back endcaps fully stocked with this one. I bet it goes even lower. Nice looking figures, I just don't need 'em.

• 2 weeks later...

You can go to Target and get them to price-match against their site and get another pack for $30, then, if your receipt is less than 90 days old, take the new pack back with your older receipt and get the price you originally paid refunded.

While doing this today I found my second Cap IS Black Widow in the wild. Yahoo!

• 2 weeks later...

I also won a ML Stan Lee which I can't wait to get!

NICE! Just take it from someone who learned the hard way, watch those sunglasses! Once you lose 'em, forget finding a suitable replacement.

Naw I'll be careful with them. Already thinking of a fodder figure I can use to display Stan and the Spider Man at the same time. He's one of my heroes and this is a figure I needed to have.