Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls

Jase

found ML Wrecking Crew Thunderball at Wal-Mart...strange restock...better late than never

that is strange. I have never even seen him myself

• 1 month later...

Found an Amazing Spider-Man "Big Time" TPB at Half Price Books, a $40 trade for $17. I'm enjoying Superior Spider-Man and have been wanting to check out more Slott Spideys. If you're a comic fan with a HPB store in your area, I highly recommend checking it out. I've found a lot of good stuff there. And if you're a teacher you can get 10% off :)

Stopped at a Ross and found a few Older Iron Man Figs for $4, I left those and also Found Target Exclusive 2 pack Obnoxious Arctic Cap' vs Cosmic Cube Red SKull (very Cool fig I thought) that was $8, I left that too. Butt I snagged up a Target Exclusive 3 3/4" Avengers 4 pack (Hulk, Loki, Hawkeye, Classic Iron Man) for $13......justa heads up for you madmen

Well I've been getting into the old Marvel Masterworks since last year!! I only buy them used, mainly at HPB (Half Price Books)!! Got a few to add to my childhood purchase of FF vol 1!!!

I felt so big buying that book at one of the bookstores in the mall!! They had it behind the counter, so it was a big deal for this kid!!

Anyhow, picked up the first 2 X-Men, and second FF Madterworks!! I don't care about the cover, as long as the book underneath is nice!!

I've also picked up a few soft cover collections, especially this past weekends HPB 20% off sale!! Exiles vol 4, Hulk vs Marvel U, several of the Siege, and DP7 vol 1!! Love them all!!

Finally grabbed vol 1 & 3 of the hardcover FF Mark Waid @ Mike Wieringo run!! Such a great price!! They had vol 2, but it's more expensive, not sure why???? But it had no cover and the book was a little off!!

Anyone know why that book costs more???

I don't know why the price difference in those FF trades. I know sometimes I'll see stuff there for a bit less or a bit more (definitely the exception rather than the rule there). I was there just last night and found a nice Kree/Skrull War hardcover that I was very tempted to get but I'm low on money right now.

So the FF Doom and Redpool figures seems to be tricklng into the UK, I got my hands on an FF Doom this week (I decided to skip Redpool as I have the twin pack version) and I've put the review up at http://www.uncannyfigurereview.com or for those of you who prefer the news to come to you, why not "like" the Facebook page? http://www.facebook.com/uncannyfigurereview

tumblr_mntcanc7pd1rlfbgyo1_1280.jpg

After a great deal of patience, not wanting to pay scalper prices, I managed to get my hands on one as they began to show up in the UK and my Archangel review is up over at http://www.uncannyfigurereview.com or http://www.facebook.com/uncannyfigurereview

Enjoy :)

tumblr_mnubck4ckv1rlfbgyo8_1280.jpg

EDIT:

Archangel: Scooooooooooooore!

Just grabbed one at Walmart. A truly awesome figure. As much as I like it, I MIGHT hang on to it as trade bait for a Jim Lee Jean Grey, which is a must own for me. He's definitely tempting to open up, however.....

• 1 month later...

c13fdf5d-7083-4e91-b306-6b28258eaff2_zps8639d673.jpg?t=1375593496

Went by my comic shop to see if they had any good news, they did......I spent a few minutes making life decisions, plans w/in plans, cause he had some exo squad suits still in the box and those were kinda pricey too but awesome looking.....but I gave in to the Marvel Gods, I picked this up for $20 + tax....great artwork its a shame to take it apart.......

fbe47ae4-0e91-43e2-a181-47e49b1715c0_zps7061726a.jpg?t=1375656508

I went to a few Tergets lookin for the anything new......at only one Targ I found the new waves of Iron Man BAF......Rhodey's IM looked kinda cool 2..........but I went w/Ultron, since I missed out on some of the MOUTC/Big Lots stuff I had some extra $, they were already sold out on HTS soooo this was a score for me.....they had a few of the Marvel 2packs 3 3/4 clearanced to $6, Iron Fist & Power man were the only ones I saw, also Joe Retaliation Hiss Tanks for $6...........

Ultron looks great...

He looks great but thank god I didn't take him out of the box yet.......Okay I really need some help, I'm a toy maniac.......I honestly think that "Zack the Lego Maniac" succumbed to terminal Lego sickness & he became a shut-in obsessed w/building a stairway to heaven.......he shunned the limelight, stopped eating & bathing.....they found his skeleton last year, he was crushed to death by a life-sized lego Zack, they died locked in an bitter embrace forever fighting for supremacy....one had to wonder did Zack build lego Zack? just as Lego Zack was destroying real zack and where did one begin & the other end.........well on a happier note....I found some of the Iron Man BAF Legends for 9.99!! ( is anyone else seeing them for that price? it took me back to 2006 or Aught Six for a minute there, great times great prices) I don't know why I like these so much (maybe cause there's nothing else in the toy aisle?)......So tomorrow I'm gonna take back the Ultron & Rhodey I bought for $16+tax at another Target and keep the ones I bought today...it was almost 2 for 1 at that price sooo If they're on special or some drunken employee didn't know better then its news to me..........they still had the Terrax Wave at regular price go figure they had 3 Klaws still wanting a home.....so if your collecting these best scope them out if your hunting SW Black series too....I guess I am gonna build that Iron Monger after all.....

Thanks for the heads up GD... I wasn't planning on building the Iron Monger either but at that price I am reconsidering...

I returned the higher priced Ultron & Rhodey for $16 (earlier post, I said I left Rhodey but I bought one anyway a day later for regular price) so I took them back, after the lady scrutinized my items, she kinda said quietly to herself, "does this figure match whats on the box?" (great training, good looking out, cause as we've seen at Walmart you could stick a potato back in the package & they would put it back out, Ross is even worse)..she checked to make sure I wasn't repacking the figs....I just told her I found these cheaper at another Target & she agreed & said other Targets will have competitive prices near other boxstore competition(the store I found them at was next to a burger king that's all maybe Jo Anns Fabrics)...when she I told her how much they were (9.99) she said "that can't be right?".......I shrugged & left w/my $ only to give it back to Target later in the day....I finished off the Wave 2 so I just need to find one more store that sells Wave 1 at 9.99 so I can put the rest of Iron Monger together cheaply?.....out of the 4 Targets I went to today 1 of them had IM Baf's for 9.99 so I guess if your hunting you'll have to call first.....there were plenty Ultrons to go around from what I saw today.....good luck

Went to a few Walmarts in my area over the weekend, they were exercises in futility....nothing but a barren wasteland....butttt at one store they had the Iron Man 1st Waves of BAF Iron Monger clearanced down to $11....that was only 1 buck extra than what I found over at Terget sooo I picked up the last remaining pieces of Iron Monger....depending on how this Walmart handles their bidness, these may end up at Ross, Marshalls, TjMaxx or they could use the new route Walmart is taking....let it linger on the shelves for at least 2 years in some forgotten part of the store, till they put the original price back on the product and leave it till the boxes are so manhandled that a stiff breeze would blow apart the shell....there are some DCUC's figs still at this walmart the lowest clearance price on these was $11 but now they're full price again @ $17+tax??.....the boxes are retiring soon but the figures will remain.....they had a Samurai fig that I've been wanting for abit.....need some super friends in my life....

UPDATE: I put Iron Monger together....

2ad83765-8c74-4308-89ef-c6799b50f1ad_zpsa7bffa44.jpg?t=1376363192

Sandtrooper is photobombing....great I mentioned the B-word, I'm sure the Guberment will be monitoring this.....

Got the new Marvel legends from BBTS. Sadly online is the only way i get ML now a days since wave 2 2012. Keep in mine i have like 5 TRUs 7 targets, and 10 Walmarts in the area none of them has anything passed wave 1 2012.

IMG_0739_zps99391ae5.jpg

IMG_0742_zps722eb382.jpg

IMG_0740_zps5d086509.jpg

IMG_0741_zps4ad429d4.jpg

Got my Jean Grey in the mail! One of the few remaining key figures (IMO) finally brought home.

Animated X-Men line up-one of my top two favorite X-teams of all time

2013-08-17062324_zps168b9f05.jpg

Gold Team: complete!

2013-08-17062910_zpsae5e69a7.jpg

That's awesome!! Where did you get it from?