I am in love with my Crisis on Infinite Earths Batman

lartdog

Okay I just picked this figure up over the weekend at the flea market for $12. Boy am I happy with him. He has replaced the DC Direct Hush Batman in my Display (which I did not think would get replaced). He is lean and muscled like I imagine Batman and He has the yellow symbol and the belt that I grew up with.

I wish the trunks were blue but I think its the best representation of Batman yet and I can't recommend this figure enough for anyone on the fence about it.

100_0851.jpg

Guest Mr.Wayne

Hate to disagree but, that blue looks horrible,the way the cape hangs on his houlders looks bad and to top it off one of his ears is bent, besides everybody knows the DCSH series 3 Batman is the best Batman fig out there!

and to top it off one of his ears is bent

@loll@

And isn't this the Batman that is waaaaaaay out of scale with the rest of the line? I thought I remember him being much taller than the rest of the line. That alone pretty much ruins it for me, but glad you like it, you might be one of the few that does. For $12 though maybe I would have picked it up, ok, probably not as I think thats at least $10 too much, especially with a bent ear.

Wow a lot of dislike for this figure.....thats a bit surprising to me. Oh well to each his own I guess.

I should have fixed the ear befoe I took the pic. That is funny. However the symbol and the belt are the ones I like. I can see how people who have a big problem with scale would have probllem with the figure. He is a bit too tall, but not so much that it bothers me a lot.

The DCSH batman 3 is cool (I have one), but this one reminds me of my favorite Batman artist Neal Adams (although it is based on George Perez art whose art I also love). But again, to each his own.

Okay I just picked this figure up over the weekend at the flea market for $12. Boy am I happy with him. He has replaced the DC Direct Hush Batman in my Display (which I did not think would get replaced). He is lean and muscled like I imagine Batman and He has the yellow symbol and the belt that I grew up with.

I wish the trunks were blue but I think its the best representation of Batman yet and I can't recommend this figure enough for anyone on the fence about it.

100_0851.jpg

I............................am really glad you love COIE Batman.

I like mine after I gave him the SA Batman head. I loved the proto pic, but the head scuplt (The eyes look too sad) and scale were major disappointments.

PJ

That looks good. I just don't like the black on the face or the small ears. Nice job though! I am debating on painting the black trunks but I think I will leave them black.

I really, really like this figure too. Honestly, a scale issue like this doesn't mean a thing to me. The only time I can't stand it is when DCS gives us a great sculpt of a Darkseid that ends up being 5.5 inches. This COIE Batman is definatly one of the best ever made.

This figure is really a fantastic figure. people bitched about his scale and lack of resemblence to George Perez's artwork although, isn't it obvious this figure was leftover from the Knightfall line (which people bitched about because it didn't have a bronze age batman in)? the scale and sculpt style all fit that line perfectly.

This figure is more of a late 80's early 90's BA batman and not a silver age version. There already IS a silver age version and it's a damn good figure too.

I find it unbeliveable, that people complain about not getting a Neil Adams style batman and when they finally get one, they #$#@# because it was in a line full of Geroge perez styled figures. Who cares?? You got one.

The headsculpt, bent ear, WRONG bat symbol, and scale are all reasons that I canceled my order for this figure. Blech.

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

This is the pre crisis Batman!

The headsculpt, bent ear, WRONG bat symbol, and scale are all reasons that I canceled my order for this figure. Blech.

This is the pre crisis Batman!

Uhm....you lost me. What's so funny? @hmmm@

The fact that you did not know that!

I do know that - well I know that it's supposed to be the pre-Crisis Batman. My complaints were about quality, scale, and an incorrect symbol. He's too tall, his ear is bent, and the symbol is wrong. That figure does NOT look like the Pre-Crisis Batman.

I do know that - well I know that it's supposed to be the pre-Crisis Batman. My complaints were about quality, scale, and an incorrect symbol. He's too tall, his ear is bent, and the symbol is wrong. That figure does NOT look like the Pre-Crisis Batman.

Now you have lost me a little bit. How is the symbol wrong on this Batman. I can see how you might prefer just the black bat but its the yellow oval symbol. It's pretty classic.

This to me is the Neal Adams Batman I have always wanted.

I believe the symbol Jase prefered was a more classic look.

It doesn't look great, but still not terrible.

Now you have lost me a little bit. How is the symbol wrong on this Batman. I can see how you might prefer just the black bat but its the yellow oval symbol. It's pretty classic.

No, I prefer the yellow oval symbol. However, the one on the COIE Batman figure is NOT accurate. Have you read COIE? He had the classic yellow oval symbol in that series.

No, I prefer the yellow oval symbol. However, the one on the COIE Batman figure is NOT accurate. Have you read COIE? He had the classic yellow oval symbol in that series.

You kind of come off as talking down to me here which is uncalled for but may be unintentional on your part.

Yes I have read COIE. I bought it when it came out originally in 1985 and got the first issue signed by Mr Perez way back then. George Perez is one of my favorite artists in comics.

Batman does not play a large roll in the series but I believe the symbol is acurate. Being oval shaped and having the same number of points on the bat. Here is a page from Crisis with the symbol to compare.

At any rate perhaps we will have to agree to disagree.

crisis.jpg