Energon Beachcomber

pesatyel

I saw him ONCE and that was at a Walmart that got a fresh case of Megas. Wing Saber and Grimlock/Swoop got all the press, but when all is said and done, Beachcomber is probably among THE rarest figures in the line (not counting card variants).

He was only shipped in the first wave of Megas that also featured Wing Saber and Grimlock, and never appeared in future waves or revisions. Hell, I saw more Overcast figures than Beachcombers

Yeah he was made, but I can't remeber if he was the repaint or he came first...I think he was a repaint of one of the earlier ones. I have them both on my Energon shelf.

He was a repaint of Cliffjumper.

I saw him ONCE and that was at a Walmart that got a fresh case of Megas. Wing Saber and Grimlock/Swoop got all the press, but when all is said and done, Beachcomber is probably among THE rarest figures in the line (not counting card variants).

He was only shipped in the first wave of Megas that also featured Wing Saber and Grimlock, and never appeared in future waves or revisions. Hell, I saw more Overcast figures than Beachcombers

Did ya pick him up?

Did ya pick him up?

No @grumpy@

At the time I seriously thought he would be around a while like Cliffjumper had, and a majority of megas had sold slowly during Energon. But damn near everything sells at Christmas @hmmm@

That tought me to scope Entertainment Earth for case ratios and revisions.

Saw a ton of these at the Meijer in BG, ohio when energon was out, same with cliffjumper. Never thought anything of them since it seemed really common and I wasnt really collecting at the time because of living in the dorms.

Cliffjumper in Energon came first. When they did the repaints(which did happen in the show) they released Cliffjumper's repaint as Beachcomber which makes sense for his color scheme. I've seen him when he came out everywhere. I like both color schemes but decided not to buy any repaints in Energon.

The Swoop/Grimlock pack and Beachcomber never made it to the shelves here or I was too late.

On the last few pics in the gallery, it says he was reissued as a few different mofos.. Geez, talk about MILKING a mold. As if he wasn't ugly the first time around.. :rolleyes:

His alt mode kinda looks like G1 Sureshot.

He was never "reissued"

The core "gimmick" in Energon was the ability to combine among Autobots. The deluxes and Megas shared the same fundamental "port" and thus were able to combine with each other.

What the galleries are showing is Beachcomber combined with all the compatible figures of the line.

On the last few pics in the gallery, it says he was reissued as a few different mofos..

Yeah, see, the funny thing about that is that....umm...well.....uh......it doesn't.

RIF-Logo-black_large.gif

I never saw En. Cliffjumper or Beachcomber in a retail store here. (I did, over time, find other rare figures like Mirage, Dreadwing, Grim/Swoop, Wing Saber, and Overcast.) This is the only figure left from Energon that I would really want. (Well, either color scheme really.)

Anyone have opinions on whether it's actually a good figure (either color scheme)? Knowing it's just average or a bad figure might help me not want it any more. :)