MP

synch

Think it would be posable for them to make a to scale MP hotrod that could transform it self in both modes into rodimus prime?.. I would love for something like that to be the next MP haha! My only problem would be deciding if I wanted hotrod or rodimus more! (would be perfect in each charecter & could transform into each robot/alt mode as well) I wouldn't have thought we could ever get something like this but I thought the same thing about MP megs but they have done him!!

Oh yea, goofy accessorys... I'd like him to come witha couple of exo suits with you know who in em :P ! & oh my yes a matrix as well of corse!! Perhaps a voice effect of prime as well?.. I can't think of many other accessorys you could give em...

Maybe something from the tv series I am forgeting here? I didn't include the switchable buzzsaw hand because well that is a given!! Maybe some fish for him to cut though hahha!

I would say there is definately a possibility. The TF MP line seems to be going strong and Megatron sales with prove even more that they need to make new ones. They seem to do the most popular characters(minus UM who was a repaint), so Rodimus Prime will probably be next in line, although they made Hot Rod into the KISS story

I would say there is definately a possibility. The TF MP line seems to be going strong and Megatron sales with prove even more that they need to make new ones. They seem to do the most popular characters(minus UM who was a repaint), so Rodimus Prime will probably be next in line, although they made Hot Rod into the KISS story

Yea but thats far from a MP or being a g1 figure though... if anything its just some neat homage to it...

Hot Rod seems to be a big seller in Japan, and has been featured in one form or another in every TF series I can think of other than the Beast Wars stuff... However, I don't think they could pull off a true MP version that would transform into both versions, as it'd affect the alt form. Personally, I would prefer a smaller MP in the form of Hot Rod, as that's the character I liked best, but who knows... they seem to be doing the "big ones", so it might be Rodimus. Either way, unless they pull a Starscream and screw it up, I'd get it.

I'd prefer an MP Soundwave first, though (and an anime-accurate SS).

Is rodimus/hotrods car modes based on any actaul cars as well?.. If so they may not be able to pull it off because of that :S But then we have classics hotrod which is pretty danged close to the g1 version, only way we could get better is through a MP!

I doubt when they do it -- it will transform into both Hot Rod and Rodimus, it be too hard to do.

But when they do a MP Hot Rod I hope he is in scale with Prime and Megs and NOT Starscream. A Rodimus definatly would be in scale with Prime since he is a leader. Starscream is the only odd ball, lets keep it that way since that figure was considered a failure in my eyes.

A MP Hot Rod would be very easy to do since the classic one looked perfect. Plus they already figured out how to do a Rodimus right too with the new titanium one.

Hot Rod or Soundwave is going to be the next true MP. And when i say true i mean not repaint of a Starscream and calling it MP 7 or whatever number we are on.

Id like to see him come with a fishing rod. :P

I doubt when they do it -- it will transform into both Hot Rod and Rodimus, it be too hard to do.

Re Megatron, everyone said it would never be done as a MP either! At least not as a gun! :P

Re Megatron, everyone said it would never be done as a MP either! At least not as a gun! :P

whether Hasbro can produce a single Hot Rod/imus toy that transforms into two different robots and cars is quite different than whether Megatron would be a gun, which was simply a design decision, not a matter of whether it was able to be produced reasonably, which is what you are proposing. not an accurate analogy.

what you are asking is whether they can make a robot that can be made to grow with a completely different head, then a truck and trailer that can shrink to a sports car. not quite sure how that can be accomplished. where do the extra pieces go that make Rodimus larger when he is Hot Rod. if they are parts that are removed, why make it one toy, you may as well make them two seperate figures and do each one better, instead of one that would more than likely be awkward.

and again, I don't see how that is relevant to whether Megatron was going to be a gun, which had nothing to do with whether the toy could actually be designed, simply a matter of legalities around toy guns.

whether Hasbro can produce a single Hot Rod/imus toy that transforms into two different robots and cars is quite different than whether Megatron would be a gun, which was simply a design decision, not a matter of whether it was able to be produced reasonably, which is what you are proposing. not an accurate analogy.

what you are asking is whether they can make a robot that can be made to grow with a completely different head, then a truck and trailer that can shrink to a sports car. not quite sure how that can be accomplished. where do the extra pieces go that make Rodimus larger when he is Hot Rod. if they are parts that are removed, why make it one toy, you may as well make them two seperate figures and do each one better, instead of one that would more than likely be awkward.

and again, I don't see how that is relevant to whether Megatron was going to be a gun, which had nothing to do with whether the toy could actually be designed, simply a matter of legalities around toy guns.

The way I understood it, he'd transform from whatever alt mode into two robot modes, which I think could probably be done. It's not like TFs haven't had extra pieces before.

I'd still prefer they do one or the other, though. Preferably Hot Rod.

It would be cool if they could do it, it would save me a lot of money. BUt i doubt they would. It would save them a lot of money to do both because they can profit more. Plus they got good engineering base with the classics hot rod and the titanium rodimus. They don't have to start from stratch.

I think they'll do Hot Rod.

The way I understood it, he'd transform from whatever alt mode into two robot modes, which I think could probably be done. It's not like TFs haven't had extra pieces before.

that doesn't make any sense, though. what's the point of having a Hot Rod in robot form if he doesn't transform into the sports car or a Rodimus Prime if he doesn't transform into a truck, just so you can have one figure with both robot modes?

that doesn't make any sense, though. what's the point of having a Hot Rod in robot form if he doesn't transform into the sports car or a Rodimus Prime if he doesn't transform into a truck, just so you can have one figure with both robot modes?

Well, I think it could "make sense" (to Hasbro anyway) to do a Hot Rod figure that transformed into a car, but the robot mode could have extra parts to "upgrade" him to Rodimus Prime. I still think it'd be lame though.

My friend and I were talking the other day about the next MP. We decided on either Rodimus Prime, or Galvatron. Either one would be awesome.

I'm thinking the next one will be an autobot due to the fact that the last two we have gotten have been decepticons (SS and Megs).

I'm sure it will be cool no matter what it is.

My friend and I were talking the other day about the next MP. We decided on either Rodimus Prime, or Galvatron. Either one would be awesome.

I'm thinking the next one will be an autobot due to the fact that the last two we have gotten have been decepticons (SS and Megs).

I'm sure it will be cool no matter what it is.

Now that you mention it, Grimlock is another one I could see them doing in MP style, for some reason. That'd be pretty sweet...

Grimlock would both kickass and suck at the same time because it would take YEARS if not a life time to get the rest of the dinobot team in MP format!