Spider-Man Origins Iron Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2099

Snowman81

For those that have Iron Spidey,how is the paint handling with the joint movement?

I tend to think that the metallic coating is "thicker" than regular paint and thus can can scraped off easier, especially along moving the joints.

I've seen both a few times. I think Iron Spidey will continue to sell quickly, but 2099 will start to warm pegs. It's really a crappy figure. Total pass for me.

Exactly the opposite in my area of LA, Iron Spidey's not exactly warming the pegs, but he is a common sight compared to 2099, who I've yet to see!

i have seen every fig in the spidey origins line except for iron spidey...which is only 1 of 2 i wanted (the other being 2099)

my mom called me from wal-mart the other day and made ur check for iron spidey....result:

im now the proud owner of a iron spidey...a bit dissapointed though...they really did a bad job paint wise...the eyes and main spider logo were horrible!!! it looked rushed....

Out of the 5 Iron Spidey I found today at WM and Target, only one was decent enough for me to keep. But to be perfectly honest none of them have good paint job. I don't understand why none of the other figures have such problems. I'll be exchanging 2099 tomorrow along with the extra Iron Spidey tomorrow. The cape of 2099 is very asymmetrical so I am hoping to find one that more symmetrical. I can be too picky for my own good sometimes.

For those that have Iron Spidey,how is the paint handling with the joint movement?

I tend to think that the metallic coating is "thicker" than regular paint and thus can can scraped off easier, especially along moving the joints.

I haven't had anything chip off mine, but the paint does seem thicker than a typical figure, so I'd imagine major playing with the figure could hurt it. But trust me that red paint is worth the risk of chipping, the figure almost radiates light and really stands out next to the other figures in my collection. I wouldn't want them all to have this glossy paint, but it's logical on this figure and just looks great.