Spider-Man Origins Iron Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2099

Snowman81

I've seen both a few times. I think Iron Spidey will continue to sell quickly, but 2099 will start to warm pegs. It's really a crappy figure. Total pass for me.

Maybe it's just Waitings skills with a camera, but the figure doesn't look half bad to me....I mean it would have been better if he had ball jointed hips....still the figure looks good to me.

Spider-man 2099 Photo

how much articulation does the 2099 have in the arms? i'm starting to ponder how much work it'd take to make it the way it should've been, whether you need a whole new one or can you frankenstien the head and arms onto another body

It's not hard to find an Iron Spidey, but what IS hard is finding an Iron Spidey with decent paint apps! I had to go through like 7 of them before I found one I could live with.

Concurred. My IS paint apps SUCK!.

It's amazing how much better he looks in the picture on the Hasbro shop site. :rolleyes:

It's not hard to find an Iron Spidey, but what IS hard is finding an Iron Spidey with decent paint apps! I had to go through like 7 of them before I found one I could live with.

Concurred. My IS paint apps SUCK!.

It's amazing how much better he looks in the picture on the Hasbro shop site. :rolleyes:

Yep, my Iron-Spidey is pretty poor with the paint detail. I'm keeping him mint until I can find a better one, which I hope is possible.

I've seen both a few times. I think Iron Spidey will continue to sell quickly, but 2099 will start to warm pegs. It's really a crappy figure. Total pass for me.

Maybe it's just Waitings skills with a camera, but the figure doesn't look half bad to me....I mean it would have been better if he had ball jointed hips....still the figure looks good to me.

Spider-man 2099 Photo

That would have been cool if I would have gotten the paint app in the face that way. The one I got (which I should have checked like I always do) has the Ben Riley application on it

I agree with some of the paint app. comments,I've seen 3-4 Iron Spideys once at TRU and ALL of them had bad paint apps. or the way he was posed to the box twisted his joints all up so they looked like they're going to fall off.

I agree with some of the paint app. comments,I've seen 3-4 Iron Spideys once at TRU and ALL of them had bad paint apps. or the way he was posed to the box twisted his joints all up so they looked like they're going to fall off.

yep wish i had paid more attention to the one i brought had to fix his ankle and well that just sucks, but it's cool i'll get another one and give this one to my nephew

What type of paint problems have you guys been having with Iron Spider-Man?

The red base is O.K on mine, but the yellow is awful. Runs, blotchy, eyes not fully painted, discolourment on feet, chipped.

Hmmm, apart from that....he's GREAT!

@loll@

Yeah, although I'm happy I found this figure, I have also noticed that his eyes aren't fully painted in, the head has a few "nicks" in it, and the spider emblem is quite blotchy. I'm pretty critical of paint apps, but I'm glad I'm not the only one @lol@

• 2 weeks later...

Well now that I have both figures (got 'em from HTS.com), I have to say I'm really happy with both of them. I don't know if I got lucky with my Iron Spider-man or people are just exaggerating about paint issues....but I'm really with him, so much so that he's definitely one of my favorite action figures in my collection. Spider-man 2099 is actually a better than decent figure. His paint work looks really good and the to me the figures lack of ball jointed hips is not a big deal....the only real downer from a sculpting point of view is his neck which doesn't look right when viewed from a profile view, but head on is fine.

Iron Spider-man : A

Spider-man 2099 : B-

I got mine from Hasbro a few days ago and the paint is ok on it. Not perfect, but a lot better than most I've seen on the pegs. I didn't start seeing him until a little over a week ago and I would have bought a 2nd one if I found one that was good enough, of course I didn't.

Another problem on mine that got from HTS is that the peg on the wrist is a bit deformed and doesn't appear to be able to plug into the wrist socket like it should. So only half his wrist is attatched which is kind of a bummer. Just a little something you guys might wish to look out for before purchasing.

how much articulation does the 2099 have in the arms? i'm starting to ponder how much work it'd take to make it the way it should've been, whether you need a whole new one or can you frankenstien the head and arms onto another body

2099 has 8 poa per arm the biggest problem would be the metallic blue paint used but it should be do-able.