DCSH Wave 5??? release date

thebigbossfan

I don't understand how they can possibly think re-releasing the same figures, in droves, that still clog the pegs after 2 other waves have come and gone, is a sound business tactic? I mean, supply and demand is introductory economics...

Not only was the Superman "variant" a bad idea to begin with, considering how it wasn't really a variant....but to release it in equal numbers as the regular release Superman? And totally destroy any value it may have had? Why?

And the neon orange (radioactive turd) Doomsday? I don't understand...If they were going to bring back Doomsday, they might as well have just done a straight re-release, so people who missed him the first time could get him.

I really like this line, but this stuff scares me. Even limited to the Superman/Batman licenses, there are still so many great, deserving characters that can and should be made. They have a couple awesome prototypes laying around for Mongul, Two-Face, Catwoman...just get them suckers out! I'll buy all of them, and Parasite, Steel, and Supergirl.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So any pics of the orange day glow Doomsday??

Draven

If you mean actual images, I don't think he is released yet. If you mean any pics as in ANY, check page one of this thread; you should see him on the back of the Bizarro card that someone bought.

I saw these at Walmart today, sadly.. all I saw were Sups and Bizarro again.. :( but I guess there's hope.. seeing I'm sure more of these will sell at Walmart( crosses fingers) but it's really wishful thinking.. cause they had like 20 of each, lol...

Doom, whacha want for Azzi?

Mattel's going to recall them all and then re-release them with a VHS of some Super Friends episodes taped to the figure's package. It worked with MOTU...oh wait. No it didn't...

LOL... @loll@ I remember that. Bought a few of 'em myself. Of course then I got tired of all the variant He-man's they were throwing out so then I got rid of the entire line. Lets hope they don't run this series into the ground, which at this point is looking like a strong possibility. Lets hope we see some good stuff coming out of ToyFair in February.

Yeah, I can tell you guys exactly what the current case asst. is for this group. I was at the local WM late Monday night & helped the stock guy (really cool dude, always helpful & knows his stuff) track down the 3 cases they got in & put 'em on the pegs.

2 x Superman

2 x Bizarro

2 x Superman w/black logo backing.

And that was it. In each freakin' case. You'd think a toy company would maybe, just maybe, learn from past mistakes (MOTU). But Mattel? Nope. Imbeciles. @bH@

I saw these at Walmart today, sadly.. all I saw were Sups and Bizarro again.. :( but I guess there's hope.. seeing I'm sure more of these will sell at Walmart( crosses fingers) but it's really wishful thinking.. cause they had like 20 of each, lol...

Doom, whacha want for Azzi?

You don't happen to have an extra normal color Super Skrull, do you (I wish)? If not, let me see if I can find your trade list.

Yeah, I can tell you guys exactly what the current case asst. is for this group. I was at the local WM late Monday night & helped the stock guy (really cool dude, always helpful & knows his stuff) track down the 3 cases they got in & put 'em on the pegs.

2 x Superman

2 x Bizarro

And that was it. In each freakin' case. You'd think a toy company would maybe, just maybe, learn from past mistakes (MOTU). But Mattel? Nope. Imbeciles. @bH@

Sure they have. It's 2 of a villian instead of one @hmmm@ Although honestly, maybe they have a little. There are alot of Supermans, but they're nothing compared to the "SMASH-BLADE HE-GLUT OF 2003!"

I kinda like Doomsday's repaint. It's not Doomsday, but with a little imagination one could make up a new villian with it. I'm seeing a monster made of fire when I look at him or something like that.

As for the lack of comic, i'd rather have no comic than the same comic over and over and I like the idea of a diorama.

OK, now that I think about it, the VHS trick might not work. So Mattel should just make an offer where we can buy three Superman peg-warmers, mail in the UPCs with the original receipt, and receive a free Mossman figure. It worked with MOTU! Oh, crap- that didn't work either...

2 x Superman

2 x Bizarro

Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot MATTEL uses those weird six figure case assortments that never contain all the figures in a set. @grumpy@

Seems to me like that tactic alone is mistake they never learn from.

Maybe we'll get one Parasite in every 27th case? @jump#

yeah i can't wait for steel and supergirl (i thought i would never say that as i think the steel character is lame but this figure is just too awesome).

I feel the same way. I could care less about the Steel character, but ecah time I see that Steel figure I want to buy it more and more.

I thought I could care less about owning a Steel Fig, but after having passed over the DCD Steel even to the point of 7 buck clearance a coupla years back. But now I regret not picking him up, and glad I now have a chance!

Wow I had no idea Mattel was so quiet about this wave. I went into walmart last week and saw this packaging for the first time.

Went back in today and the pegs were full of Parasite, Steel, Supergirl, And of course Supers and Bizarro. I meant to count exactly what was there...I got a rough estimate, it went something like this:

3 x Steel

3 x Supergirl (or more)

3 x Parasite

4+ x Superman

4+ x Bizarro

3 x Doomsday

I just needed the Steel and Parasite figures. Actually I was just going to get Steel but Parasite was awesome.

BUT the coolest thing is, as I was looking over the 3 Steel figures, I noticed right away that one has a CHROME 'S' Symbol, as opposed to regular silver plastic (which also looked great, but the chrome is better).

Here are some pics...sorry if the quality is a bit shify (i.e. lines). My camera is being weird.

First closeup of Steel. You can kind of see the reflection in the chrome S plate

%207nmh4PzoEZO6ooDNsPfxeTaYiAIcXZT0280.jpg

Next closeup

%20Ar%20DH2-YjfjUAUYOAUixz%2082FC4JK0g0280.jpg

Steel in package

x8r2GHkpSLl6htoQxUVNfyp8rA6sLBmw0300.jpg

Steel and Parasite

0K2XZHgQdgBNSd5cWpcO81uaK16nOXkI0300.jpg

Steel and Parasite w/ receipt

9FZ-ryPvSFMPsY25n0UmK9Q7ytn5GFdv0300.jpg