Marvel toys Indie toys

Guest Leroy

Sorry if ive put this in the wrong section but Wizard.com has picks of 3 of the up and coming Marvel toys Legendary Comic Book Heroes indie figures

The darkness

Judge Dread

Diehard

They're awesome especially the Darkness. i Hope that there in scale with Ml I'll definitely get them except Diehard simply because he is associated with the dark lord Rob Leifeld

Heres a link

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/002938510.cfm

What do you guys think??????

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they look nice....dont know if ill pick any of them up.....if anythign i would get the Madman one they talked about in toyfare

These are awesome! I'll be more interested in buying these then I will the Hasbro Legends!

I've been reading a variety of Indie comics for years and always wished someone would put out some Legends style figures. To have Marvel toys (formerly Toybiz) making them is a dream come true!

Madman was originally one of the figures slated to be produced by Shocker toys but they've changed their line-up several times. They claim it was due to collector interest but most speculation suggests their licence deals fell through due to their managing director's poor professionalism.,,,

Dredd was also in their original line-up, so hopefully this means Marvel Toys is free to pick Madman up too! @bounce@

Can't wait to see who's in the full line up. Do you think there'll be a BAF?

I don't know the character, but damn that Darkness figure looks awesome.....if he ends up looking at least 80% as good in the final version I'll get him. :)

Can't wait to see who's in the full line up. Do you think there'll be a BAF?

Pitt is the the BAF, he's supposed to be 10" tall. Was posted by someone over on fwoosh, I think it says it in the article in toyfare.

Darkness will be part of the second wave with a rumored Badrock BAF.Jesse also had this to say on the fwoosh boards-

"Thanks for all of the positive feedback guys! I'm happy to see that there are as many prople out there that dig the idea of this line as much as we do! Next month at Toy Fair ( the event not the mag!) you will see finished lineups for asst 1 & 2 as well as another line for this brand and a full line up of our current roster. And I think that a lot of you will be plesantly supprised at what you HAVENT seen yet!

Best,

Jesse"

If the sculptin on indy toys are as good as the proto and ML decreases (I began to doubt that Marvel toys will still sculpt ML unless Hasbro continues to hire ml sculpters,) I am oin to switch

I just realized if this line is popular, we might see figures like a more articulated Usagi Uijambo or hell, SAM AND MAX!!

Just what comics are they making toys for?.. Image or ?.. quite frankly anything?.. I'd like some comic styled tmnt, usagia as said above, and groo :P & OH my

yes

walking dead & invincible figures :D

all the above I'd totaly buy HEH! Like others have said I really don't know al ot of the said charecters they are making too well if at all...

Sad but true!

Just what comics are they making toys for?.. Image or ?.. quite frankly anything?.. I'd like some comic styled tmnt, usagia as said above, and groo :P & OH my

yes

walking dead & invincible figures :D

all the above I'd totaly buy HEH! Like others have said I really don't know al ot of the said charecters they are making too well if at all...

Sad but true!

Will most likely get a groo. One of the licences Marvel Toys has that they mentioned in the articles was Strangers in Paradise. And yes synch it's all comics that they can get the licence to.

I wonder if they’ll pick up licenses from any other comic companies like dark horse. Id love to see characters from Blade of the immortal and Gunsmith cats.

I think it's a great concept that Toy Biz (Marvel Toys) is going to be doing 'Indie Legends' (or whatever it's called). I'd love to see it done in the ML 6" scale, in the same clamshell packaging being no different other than 'Indie' in the title. That would display nicely with your ML collection. Realizing the need for them to differentiate toy lines this will probably never happen, but I can dream. I'd like to see them do a Solar Man of the Atom and an X-O Manowar(even though Valiant/Acclaim comics aren't 'indie'). Tick wold be cool though!

But isnt Dredd a DC comic?

No, Judge Dredd is owned by Rebellion a UK based Games Company (they purchased it from another company called Fleetway), In the past however DC was granted a license to produce 2 Judge Dredd comics (Judge Dredd & Judge Dredd: Legends of the Law) as well as some Batman team ups, recently they were allowed to distribute collected 2000ad (the comic in which Dredd appears) trade paperbacks however this fell through for some reason.

I'm crossing my fingers for some Wetworks figures. While the McFarlane ones were excellent, I'd love to have articulated versions of the team and werewolves and vampires.

I'm pretty sure Wetworks is a Wildstorm comic so that means it's owned by DC.

Does anybody know who owns the toy rights for the Thundercats?

I know Wildstorm made some comics but does that mean DC owns all the rights or just the comic rights?

I'm crossing my fingers for some Wetworks figures. While the McFarlane ones were excellent, I'd love to have articulated versions of the team and werewolves and vampires.

I'm pretty sure Wetworks is a Wildstorm comic so that means it's owned by DC.

Does anybody know who owns the toy rights for the Thundercats?

I know Wildstorm made some comics but does that mean DC owns all the rights or just the comic rights?

Warner Bros DC's parent company own the Thundercats rights so if they decide to revive the franchise (rumors suggest they are) they will give it to who they want (hopefully not Mattel, Playmates or Bandai).

you sir ar my new best friend. i made wetworks customs outta my sigma six joes. gotta love grail/assassin one

Hey Guys,

As a comic book writer/creator since 2000 and a toy collector since damn near birth I can't deny that these protos looks great especially for the Darkness and the Pitt B.A.F., however I just hope that the love for independents continues and that the smaller company that started this push isn't lost in the buzz of this new announcement. I'm talking about the initial movement by ###### Beckett from Shocker Toys and their original series called INDIE SPOTLIGHT that's been in the making for quite some time now.

They're more famous for their unique block figures called 'Shockinis'. It's great to see everyone buzzed about characters that normally never get seen by the general public and sometimes not even the die-hard toy and comics fans too! I've attached two links that I've recently posted to show off the artwork of Enrique Savory, Jr. (The Rift™) that has been done for Shocker Toys' new line of 6-7" scale superposeable figures that will be following on the heels of their debut 6" line of GWAR figures. Enjoy!

http://www.shockertoys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2483

http://www.shockertoys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2520

Hey Guys,

As a comic book writer/creator since 2000 and a toy collector since damn near birth I can't deny that these protos looks great especially for the Darkness and the Pitt B.A.F.,

Great. That's where your post should have ended.

however I just hope that the love for independents continues and that the smaller company that started this push isn't lost in the buzz of this new announcement. I'm talking about the initial movement by ###### Beckett from Shocker Toys and their original series called INDIE SPOTLIGHT that's been in the making for quite some time now.

Actually, they were in the making at about the same time and, FYI, it's not a unique concept.

They're more famous for their unique block figures called 'Shockinis'.

Aren't those the things that were supposed to ride on kids' shoulders?

To be honest, they're most famous for spam on forums such as this one (they've got a long history of doing so here...) and for making bold claims about characters they're making and then not coming thru. So, for fans fo these characters, its a good thing that ToyBiz stepped in and will actually put the figures on shelves for fans to buy.

It's great to see everyone buzzed about characters that normally never get seen by the general public and sometimes not even the die-hard toy and comics fans too! I've attached two links that I've recently posted to show off the artwork of Enrique Savory, Jr. (The Rift™) that has been done for Shocker Toys' new line of 6-7" scale superposeable figures that will be following on the heels of their debut 6" line of GWAR figures. Enjoy! -Sincerely,

Andrew J. LoVuolo

Andrew - don't get me wrong - you could have the greatest thing since sliced bread but lining up behind Shocker is not a good thing. Just ask the people from AC Comics, Bucky O'hare, Toxic Crusader, etc, etc.

As far as GWAR, since you brought it up - they were supposed to be out by now. I wonder why they're still in the prototype stage?