MP Starscream..

Littlebigman

Hey everyone, havent been here in a while, but Im thinking of getting him.

Anything I should know? Good/bad?

And I reallllllly want Classic's Jetfire.. feel free to send me money for it. :D

Good to be back.

Nah... I mean, I was going to get it. I thought, how could Takara screw it up? It's a no brainer.

Well, they kind of did. Not saying it doesn't look nice, but the small size and bad colours don't do anything for me. For a $100 MP figure, it should be perfect.

Nah... I mean, I was going to get it. I thought, how could Takara screw it up? It's a no brainer.

Well, they kind of did. Not saying it doesn't look nice, but the small size and bad colours don't do anything for me. For a $100 MP figure, it should be perfect.

To be honest, MP-01 was a hundred dollar toy and was not perfect. The thing is with MP-01 we had tons of die-cast and a large figure so you feel like you're getting your money's worth. With MP SS it's different, he had to be small cause he had WAAAYYY more parts than MP-01 and was much much more detailed. I mean, Prime's truck mode looks crappy, no opening doors, no visible seats, hardly anything like a 100$ toy, Alts blow him out the water. It's just OP is such a loved figure to get a G1 accurate one made, made us look pass all that. We were spoiled and wanted a G1 accurate SS and a lot of us were pissed when he came out and was so different. All and all he is a great figure once you get him in your hands. I've transformed him 10 times with no stress marks or broken pieces, he even fell from my top shelf to the floor. Still fine.

To be honest, MP-01 was a hundred dollar toy and was not perfect. The thing is with MP-01 we had tons of die-cast and a large figure so you feel like you're getting your money's worth. With MP SS it's different, he had to be small cause he had WAAAYYY more parts than MP-01 and was much much more detailed. I mean, Prime's truck mode looks crappy, no opening doors, no visible seats, hardly anything like a 100$ toy, Alts blow him out the water. It's just OP is such a loved figure to get a G1 accurate one made, made us look pass all that. We were spoiled and wanted a G1 accurate SS and a lot of us were pissed when he came out and was so different. All and all he is a great figure once you get him in your hands. I've transformed him 10 times with no stress marks or broken pieces, he even fell from my top shelf to the floor. Still fine.

Well i guess that's your opinion. I think MP Prime is the best toy EVVVVVER made. Yeah the doors dont open but i dont care, its impossible to do that because they have to put the matrix and all that other junk to make the toy work. No way in hell are alternators better than MP Prime. That's gotta be the most perfect toy ever made. I love prime!

As for Scream, i'm made not only the colors but the size as well. But in plane mode it is pretty big. The reason i hate the size is because this might tell us in the future all non leaders will be this size as well to keep everything in scale. I hope and pray this is not the case. Hasbro still might do a release with accurate colors but i doubt they will mess with the scale because it will cost a lot more money and time.

I still can't get over the BIG MISTAKE on the colors! I too might just wait for the correct repaint.

There will be a repaint. When considering Takara's re-using the hell out of the MP Convoy, it's all but guaranteed.

I just hope it's cheaper. It being smaller and with less die-cast just doesn't make it worth the price no matter how it's painted.

My only gripe is and has been the price. Even though I got one, I'm still not happy about what I paid. I haven't minded the minor differences and the paint...that's all good with me.

There's just no way it could have cost nearly as much to produce these than the die cast figures and that just sticks in my crawl.

I'm actually glad that he's just about all plastic though. I've had way too much paint chip off of die cast simply by touching it. So as you can imagine, I'm not really big on die cast.

Mp Starscream is a well deserved name, an absolute beauty, I can honestly say that it's one of the best looking figs I have ever owned…ever! I was quick to judge off the color scheme simply because I wanted a true to the character look but I quickly got over it, once I applied the Decepticon stickers I was won over. As for the sides connected to the hip, I don't mind it after all I only transform and display Starscream, who would really be dumb enough to play with a hundred dollar toy. This figure is superb overall, I would've liked a wider head like in the series and if the upper torso didn't slide so much but then again nothing is flawless

Mp Starscream is a well deserved name, an absolute beauty, I can honestly say that it's one of the best looking figs I have ever owned…ever! I was quick to judge off the color scheme simply because I wanted a true to the character look but I quickly got over it, once I applied the Decepticon stickers I was won over. As for the sides connected to the hip, I don't mind it after all I only transform and display Starscream, who would really be dumb enough to play with a hundred dollar toy. This figure is superb overall, I would've liked a wider head like in the series and if the upper torso didn't slide so much but then again nothing is flawless

so when you display him, the skirt magically disappears?

Dark Gundam--

The reason why Mp-01 gets more love is not only becuase Op is such a beloved character that we're willing to forgive alot ( i dare say starscream is almost just as loved, and is usually mentioned in the top three favorites) They compromised on the alt mode to make the robot mode better, Like they should've done with Mp-03, and all TF's. The bot mode is what seprates all tf's from model cars and planes, in essence its what makes them Special. Personally, I would've gladly forgone the nose-cone radar opening cok-pit and super accurate jet mode for a passable bot mode.

Well, said.

so when you display him, the skirt magically disappears?

Dark Gundam--

The reason why Mp-01 gets more love is not only becuase Op is such a beloved character that we're willing to forgive alot ( i dare say starscream is almost just as loved, and is usually mentioned in the top three favorites) They compromised on the alt mode to make the robot mode better, Like they should've done with Mp-03, and all TF's. The bot mode is what seprates all tf's from model cars and planes, in essence its what makes them Special. Personally, I would've gladly forgone the nose-cone radar opening cok-pit and super accurate jet mode for a passable bot mode.

And thats all i'm really saying. I mean, DPrime said a 100$MP toy should be perfect and all I aim to show is that none of them aren't. Thay all have some flaws. I actually like MP Screamer better than Optimus, but probably cause Starscream is one of my favorite characters, so it's all just a matter of opinion.