Full CGI shot of Megatron

Rodimus Primal

Listened to what??? :blink:

when this movie was first announced and don murphy ran stuff buy us about what was going/not going in the movie i TRIED to rally all of us TF fans together to protest the decisions that were being made about this movie FEW listened

now you see what we get.

if only you guys could have listened.

if this movie sucks(which i pray it doesn't)you have nobody to blame but yourselves IMO.

the more i see your reactions to what we have seen from this movie, the more i realize i was right.

but like i said it's too late now

you all had your chance to make a differance but no

take a bow @grumpy@

Even if we DID put our 2 cents in, do you really think that will matter to a bunch of ppl just out to make the money...??

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm..

I know I posted already in this thread but this is what I think:

1. Maybe it will help if we think of this as an Alt Universe type thing.. where its not 'our' earth/Tf's etc..

2. Since it's his protoform, maybe his normal modes will look more... Megatrony..

Im actually getting excited for this movie..

Just read my sig; there's my opinion of what we've seen of the movie (so far) in a nutshell.

No matter what murphy and co. do or did, there's no way they could please everyone; this movie isn't just about us, it's about bringing tf's to a much larger audience, so certain things (mass shifting, cartoon-esque designs, etc.) must be left by the wayside.

looks like one of those transformers shows where the villain turns into a long dragon.

your talking about dinozone or dinozaurs.

P7240013.jpg

HECK!! That Dinozaur looks more like Megatron, than that movie piece o crap. That movie thing looks like it belongs in Resident Evil, NOT Tfs.

Friggin LAME. @hmmm@

Listened to what??? :blink:

when this movie was first announced and don murphy ran stuff buy us about what was going/not going in the movie i TRIED to rally all of us TF fans together to protest the decisions that were being made about this movie FEW listened

now you see what we get.

if only you guys could have listened.

if this movie sucks(which i pray it doesn't)you have nobody to blame but yourselves IMO.

the more i see your reactions to what we have seen from this movie, the more i realize i was right.

but like i said it's too late now

you all had your chance to make a differance but no

take a bow @grumpy@

Even if we DID put our 2 cents in, do you really think that will matter to a bunch of ppl just out to make the money...??

it could not have hurt

when star trek was cancelled in the 60s a mail-in campain(sp) got the show renewed for one more year and similar deal got family guy back on the air in today's current market

i know this is a movie but the studio's do sometimes listen we just had to be loud enough BUT NO!!!

we all go in thinking it can't be done

and to quote a famous jedi master:

"that is why we fail."

Ah... don't worry guys. Just wait twenty more years and they'll "revamp" the franchise. (lol) Happened with Superman and Batman, so why not Transformers? (lol)

Kidding aside, I've just really looked at this whole thing as if I wasn't a fan of the '80s Transformers, and I know that seems bass-ackwards, but I like it when a long-held idea of mine is suddenly challenged or re-imagined. It's just different and interesting. Would I like to see maybe some of the best episodes of the cartoon, or better yet the animated movie, simply turned into a live-action movie, with a few minor tweaks here and there? That'd be okay, but it'd eventually get pretty boring. Why not see something new, as long as they keep the core of what makes the characters and the concept great basically the same?

I'm just taking it as it comes. It's no big deal to me. My world won't end if it's not like the cartoon. Heck, maybe it'll be, Heaven forbid, BETTER than what we're used to. C'mon guys, seriously; the cartoon, although the voices were great, was not high art to begin with. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE the fact that Peter Cullen was signed on as Optimus, but I'm fine if the similarities end with the voice-actors. From what I can tell, the movie's gonna be an awesome, action-filled, blockbuster of a popcorn movie that'll simply entertain me, and that's all I want from my summer flicks. I'll reserve my final judgement to after I see it though. It may very well turn out to be a disaster. Who really knows at this point? It may turn out to be incredible. But only after we all see it can we say it's awesome or horrible.

It's called an opinion. Everyone is entitled to one, as you are. I was just stating mine. Thank you.

:)

I agree with you RC it does look ##$%$#ED and thats my opinion

Add me to the list of people who think he looks ##$%$#ed, please.

Guys, Guys, Guys!

I love the old designs too...I really do. But they are OLD designs. I mean, just take a moment and look at them....pretty damn goofy. REALLY dated. Yes, we all grew up with them. Yes we love the way they looked. But guess what? That design is NOT going to fly these days. And Bay and Spielberg know this.

Trust me, if they went anywhere near those old designs, you'd come out of the theatre laughing your asses off. Film is a different medium, and a lot of things that look good elsewhere, don't on film. Remember the crap sandwiches that were the street fighter movie and the Mortal Kombat flics?. Awful. And Transformers would be the same way.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather everyone who is currently not a fan of transfomers look at this film and go "Wow! Killer robots that come to Earth and turn into cars are scary as hell..and cool as hell too!"

Rather than "My god, why did they make a movie out of those boxy 80's toys?"

Just my opinion by the way.

Again..I grew up with the old designs, I love them, but these new designs work for what a realistic transformers movie needs to be. Slick, Scary, and Alien.

I mean, just take a moment and look at them....pretty damn goofy. REALLY dated. Yes, we all grew up with them. Yes we love the way they looked. But guess what? That design is NOT going to fly these days. And Bay and Spielberg know this.

Trust me, if they went anywhere near those old designs, you'd come out of the theatre laughing your asses off. Film is a different medium, and a lot of things that look good elsewhere, don't on film. Remember the crap sandwiches that were the street fighter movie and the Mortal Kombat flics?. Awful. And Transformers would be the same way.

That's a load of crap. First off, we've seen CGI versions of G1-like Transformers made by amateurs, and they looked AWESOME. Nothing official, mind you, but it proved that if it was, it'd only be better.

And secondly, Street Fighter didn't really have anything to do with the source material... if anything it proved that taking things in a different direction like that probably won't work. An even better videogame example is Super Mario Bros...

I mean, just take a moment and look at them....pretty damn goofy. REALLY dated. Yes, we all grew up with them. Yes we love the way they looked. But guess what? That design is NOT going to fly these days. And Bay and Spielberg know this.

That's a load of crap. First off, we've seen CGI versions of G1-like Transformers made by amateurs, and they looked AWESOME. Nothing official, mind you, but it proved that if it was, it'd only be better.

Such as? Because the only CGI renderings of Transformers that I've seen were Trent (of the Allspark)'s CGI renderings of pre-existing characters and Draven (of TFW2005)'s CGI fan-video. Both weren't bad at all, but they weren't amazing.

Such as? Because the only CGI renderings of Transformers that I've seen were Trent (of the Allspark)'s CGI renderings of pre-existing characters and Draven (of TFW2005)'s CGI fan-video. Both weren't bad at all, but they weren't amazing.

I don't remember who made it, but it wasn't an existing TF, just a car (I think maybe the new VW Bug, but don't quote me on it) that transformed into a cool looking G1-style robot. I remember it had a shield, if that helps.

I'm not really talking about the quality of the animation, by the way. I'm mostly referring to the myth that somehow these "blocky" G1 designs look "silly" or "unbelievable". I'm not saying it's something you DON'T have to suspend disbelief for, but in no way do these HR Giger rip-offs look any more "realistic" than existing TF designs, especially stuff like the Alternators (which are essentially more realistic versions of the G1 designs, and probably would have been a great basis for the films).

And secondly, Street Fighter didn't really have anything to do with the source material... if anything it proved that taking things in a different direction like that probably won't work. An even better videogame example is Super Mario Bros...

BINGO. Your exactly right, DPrime.

Gimme a break, the original designs DO sell. Someone said, the boxy Tfs wouldn't do good or would be LAUGHABLE?? The movie goers know how the Tfs are, if they think robots transforming into cars and planes is real life, then DON'T buy a ticket to the movie. Simple as that. Why does everything have to try to make things look realistic. It's a movie made after a toyline. Not the other way around. @grumpy@

All I gotta say is, they tried to make Godzilla 98 more like a real dinosaur(as if anyone's seen a real dinosaur) instead of the guy in a rubber suit, and that shitty movie BOMBED.

Notice, how the Godzilla fans flipped out and wrote Toho Productions about the embarassing American Godzilla? That 98 version, NEVER saw another movie. All Godzilla movies after that involved the regular, popular classic Godzilla, and the newer movies have done ALOT better in merchandising and the movie ticket sales.

I think the Tf movie is it in just name, just like the 98 Godzilla, was just in name, not substance.

I've seen an updated 2006 version, some average guy made of Scramble City and that thing was HOT, and alot of people gave it good reviews. So saying the usual style of Tfs is laughable.. I don't buy it. @hmmm@

Retro is in.

All I gotta say is, they tried to make Godzilla 98 more like a real dinosaur(as if anyone's seen a real dinosaur) instead of the guy in a rubber suit, and that shitty movie BOMBED.

Notice, how the Godzilla fans flipped out and wrote Toho Productions about the embarassing American Godzilla? That 98 version, NEVER saw another movie. All Godzilla movies after that involved the regular, popular classic Godzilla, and the newer movies have done ALOT better in merchandising and the movie ticket sales.

I think the Tf movie is it in just name, just like the 98 Godzilla, was just in name, not substance.

That Godzilla movie is the PERFECT example of why this will likely bomb. There are a lot more TF fans out there than you think - people in their twenties and thirties who have a very distinct opinion about what a TF should look like, just like Godzilla. People who may not be "hard-core" TF fans, and who aren't used to seeing a different version of Prime, Megatron and Starscream every two years... A lot of people are talking about this movie now, and I think they're going to be disappointed. A decent story may save it, but I'm not getting my hopes up - this is Michael Bay after all.

They should have gotten Marvel involved with the production of this film - they've realized that keeping the source material intact goes a long way, but they also know that you can't slavishly copy from one medium to another. I can only hope that Hasbro will get them and Larry Hama involved once they decide to do a GI Joe movie (and that's probably too much to hope for, unfortunately).

I like the new designs, because if they used the old toy/toon designs, I'd feel like I was watching giant versions of the toys walking around on-screen, and I think personally it'd look silly. For example, I saw that CGI footage someone did of a toy-design Optimus transforming in the middle of the street, and although it looked pretty cool, at the end of the day, it kinda looked like a giant Transformer toy. And that would hinder the believeability of a live-action movie; at least it would for me. And I LOVE G1, but...I'm totally open to a more "realistic" or updated design personally. But that's just me...