Pre-Legends Marvel figures

gargunkle

I was a big collector of the ToyBiz Marvel figures, I guess back in the 90s? This is before they were Legends. The Legends look really nice mind you but these were also fun. One of these days I will get them out of storage.

Anyone have collections of them to display or know of good web resources (such as sites with listings of what figures were made) etc?

Strangely enough, I don't think I have any of those pictured from the old series. Actually, check that, I probably have the AoA Magneto somewhere.

Part of the fun of collecting these for me was that I could get a lot of them (like Iron Man) really cheap at K-B stores. :)

I actually have that original X-Men set for sale on TFieds if anyone's interested, heh.

I often see MOSC of the pre-Marvel Legends figures on Ebay for cheap. Shop around and Im sure you can find just about any of them for cheap.

These are some of my favorites from the old series.

marvel2.jpg

I love that X Men set! Those can actually be thought of as "Marvel Legends scale" since they're teenagers the slightly smaller size works out. If you set them up next to the ML Prof X and Magneto they look sweet! Just wish my Cyclops hadn't come with two left feet........

The previous toy biz lines kinda bugged me because they never kept anything in scale. I had a Jubilee that was the size of a Colossus. But I have kept some of the cooler figures

xmenfigs.jpg

I was a big collector of those figures. The various series they made back then allowed them to create figures for so many characters, Marvel Legends could never come close to that many. At last count, I had over 500 figures, and only very few of the same character. I had a few different versions of Spider-man and Wolverine, but mostly only went for one version of each character.

One of these day, I will dig my collection out of storage and put it on display again and take some pics. I not only had the figures set up in teams, but also had the Danger Room, Daily Bugle, and Kingpin's Headquarters playsets.

Had quite a few of the 5" figures. Still have a bunch of them--from the Iron Man stuff to figures like Doc Strange and Adam Warlock--and looking to part with them.

Ever since the Marvel Legends line came along, I've just replaced the older stuff with the newer.

That classic X-Men box set is excellent. I still have it in storage, along with some other 5" toybiz stuff. I was actually pretty reluctant to convert to a 6" scale at some point, but bit the bullet. Glad I did.

I'm also very fond of AoA Magneto, the second version of Deadpool, the MvC Captain America and a few others.

Makes me want to go get them from storage.

I use to colllect these like mad and had a hugeee collection built up ... And then legends came out ...

I was kinda pissed at ML for a while to tell the truth :D :D :D

Don't think I actaully picked up a wave 1 figure till wave 3 was out HEH!

I was a big collector of the ToyBiz Marvel figures, I guess back in the 90s? This is before they were Legends. The Legends look really nice mind you but these were also fun. One of these days I will get them out of storage.

Anyone have collections of them to display or know of good web resources (such as sites with listings of what figures were made) etc?

Ya check out my collection in my signature. Nuff said there lol.

I use to colllect these like mad and had a hugeee collection built up ... And then legends came out ...

I was kinda pissed at ML for a while to tell the truth :D :D :D

Don't think I actaully picked up a wave 1 figure till wave 3 was out HEH!

I was too. I didn't start collecting them until series 5 when Colossus came out, and I realized how cool all the X-Men looked. I missed the old 5 inch figures with basic articulation though. I kinda wish Marvel had a toy line like the JLA Unlimited series. I love Marvel Legends, but I miss the old school figures.

Ive still got mine out! Most of them anyway. I have a lot more in storage too. But I will be taking them down soon to make room for more ML. My ML shelves ran out of room about 5 waves ago. The villains shelve is vary deep so you cant even see most of them in this pic.

cr_5inch_0all.jpg

For a while, Nova was my "holy grail" -- man that figure was hard to find. I did eventually find him.

Seeing those pictures sure brings back memories! Personally I was able to get a nice collection without duplicating many characters much at all. Probably the only guy I had a lot of was Iron Man, and that was because with all the different armors the figures had a lot of variety. Only ever picked up one Spidey -- the black costume one with the retracting plastic cord-like thingy that lets him "climb."

I 've got like 5 huge palstic tubs of these each individually bagged with all inserts and cards. These were so cool!!! But I, like everyone else made the changeover to ML. So off the shelves they went!!! Every once in a while I'll crack them open and see stuff I forgot they even made!! Pip...Nova...Leader...Century... Kane (all 3)...Grizzly...Wendigo...

Drax...Dragon Man...Gen X Banshee..."Memories of the way we were" Ha Ha! :D

For a while, Nova was my "holy grail" -- man that figure was hard to find. I did eventually find him.

Seeing those pictures sure brings back memories! Personally I was able to get a nice collection without duplicating many characters much at all. Probably the only guy I had a lot of was Iron Man, and that was because with all the different armors the figures had a lot of variety. Only ever picked up one Spidey -- the black costume one with the retracting plastic cord-like thingy that lets him "climb."

hmmm wrong name?.. NOva would be a cool figure to have as well but I ment the firey chick herlad to galactus

^There's more than one Nova ;)

Frankie Raye (Galactus' herald)

Richard Rider

Yeah, I also collected the 5" lines for a while, trying to represent all of the core characters/teams. I can't believe some of the characters they made. The 'original X-Men' set is still one of my favorites; I believe I still have it, the Phoenix saga set, and a few single carded figs

I was quite fond of these figures, though I didn't have a lot of them. My bros were into them heavily, and had quite a few.

My favorite was the 2nd version of Deadpool. I don't know what happened to him. I suppose he's at my folk's house somewhere in the basement.

When Legends came out, I knew it was the ground floor of a second chance, so I scooped up my faves with reckless abandon, and I'm glad I did.