Preventer's repainting Hasbro Marvel Legends

Preventer MK II

Round One of the HML repaints. Iron Man really is an awesome figure, ruined by lack of followthrough on production. So using my friend's reference pic of MS and HML fig side by side (thank you, Norm), I was able to repaint mine, and I must say, I'm really pleased with teh results.

The Befores:

DSC03406.jpg

And, The After:

UIM1.jpg

UIM2.jpg

Repainted the waist, neck, and joint covers black, went back in with silver to give it a slight gunmetal look. I also painted black on the undersides of the shoulders and the top plates of his hands. I repainted the gun barrels and repulsor blaster barrels as well. Just to give it some life, I drybrushed white along the "power core" of the costume and gave some pupils to his freakishly blue lenses.

UIM3.jpg

Now as for Annihilus... Hasbro did a great job with the wash on the skin and legs, but the body, gloves, shoulderpads and wings were sorely lacking. I drybrushed some neon green and black into the details of the wings and pads, and went over the talons with some black, yellow, and green.

Ani2.jpg

Ani3.jpg

For the body and gloves, I noticed there was a slight metallic flake effect made as part of the plastic. Working off of that concept, I did a thick wash of silver paint, then drybrushed in two shades of a more accurate purple afterwards. If only the plastic had been a different color, I would've been tempted to leave it as it was in the WiP stage.

Ani1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Okay, finished Beast just before I left for work. Norm got to see the pics, but all he did was #$#@#, so he can shove it :P

Took a different approach from AA's. Started out with plain old testor's blue as a base, went back in with 2 different shades of grey (one with a nice blue tint), and did a light drybrushing. One layer brought out the fur details, and the other layer i used to lay out a pattern of naturally-ocurring body hair, kinda like the greying pattern he had on his fur in the movie.

The Before

Beast1.jpg

The During

Beast2.jpg

I also went ahead and gave him his freakishly pale-blue skin, defining them on the hands, toes, and face. Once it was all done, I boiled his jacket and put it back on, then drybrushed some brown onto the jacket to give it the old crusty leather look it had.

Beast3.jpg

Beast4.jpg

I hate how the pictures came out this round.