Silver Surfer vs. Thor

ransomz

I know some people groan about these fanboy match-ups, but the Marvel Ultimate Alliance VIP site is currently having a round robin. Between the characters on the right tier I basically had it down to Thor and Silver Surfer. I thought about it awhile and finally gave it Thor because back in the early days, he actually beat Galactus. At least he drove him off when Galactus was trying to devour Ego, the living planet. Who do you think would win?

I'd take Thor over pretty much anyone. In Marvel Zombie, Thor took out Silver Surfer by literally smashing Mjolnir on his head. Silver Surfer's not easy to beat, but his main advantage over most other heroes is flying around on his surfboard, which is negated by Thor's flight.

Thor by tapout. LOL

Depends on who's writing it. You've got the power cosmic vs. the power of a god. You could make solid arguments for either force.

But if these two were the last ones standing in that round robin tournament I wonder if Phoenix was in it. I think she's pretty much the most powerful character in Marvel.

Depends on who's writing it. You've got the power cosmic vs. the power of a god. You could make solid arguments for either force.

But if these two were the last ones standing in that round robin tournament I wonder if Phoenix was in it. I think she's pretty much the most powerful character in Marvel.

Agreed. :)

They have it so Jean Grey is on the left side round robin, which I imagine she'll win, and Thor and Surfer on the right side. So it's probably going to come down to Jean Grey and one of those two.

If its just jean she should b e the first to get taken out, now if were talking some phoenix powers here then its another matter... Surfer and thor is a tough one as well but I seem to recall thor tackling galactus as well at some point heh :D

PS I wouldn't take anything from the marvel zombies universe to fact as its not really a part of the MU ... MOre of just a fun lil spin off series really

Cosmic Spidey.

'Nuff said.

Wasnt Silver Surfer like the most powerful character in the whole Marvel Universe a few years ago?

Is he even still around anymore?

I think he was described ar controling the entire Power Cosmic or something which ment he could do pretty much anything he could think of....I think.....

Yeah I remember the SUrfer gaining full control over the power cosmic for awhile. Not sure what happened with that as I never read any of his comics. But Thor I do believe would take him in a fight. Yes he did technically beat Galactus and since Galactus was more powerfull than the Surfer I dont see why there would even be a debate over this. Phoenix may well be the most powerfull being, but she could never have full control over her powers. That would be her downfall like it always has been. Now if the fight were to take place on earth, I do belive that Magneto would have to rank pretty high up there. At least in the top 5. Nearly everything has metal in it to some degree. I suppose he could possibly control Thors hammer. And I know most people probably wouldnt agree but I think Ghost Rider would stand a pretty good chance against just about anyone.

Ya know, I seem to remember a few years back that WIZARD picked the Surfer as the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe. Thor was # 3...behind Doctor Strange (!).

Does anyone else remember this, or was my crack-pipe especially full today??

yeah the crack pipe was def. full today. @loll@

they did a top ten and it only counted image, marvel and dc.

thor was number 2 after the surfer. Superman was number 3 , after that it went wonder woman, flash,ummm professor x, doctor strange, Spawn, firestorm, Hulk

Thor's definitly the better fighter, but if the surfer was pissed and used his imagination, he could take thor out.

people tend to forget that besides being indestructable, the Surfer is class 100 super strong too..mebbe even stronger than thor. he can probably create life as well as a host of other things if he were so inclined... like weaponry or robots to wear down enemies. hes definitely much faster...the silver surfer can move faster than the speed of light.

Ya know, I seem to remember a few years back that WIZARD picked the Surfer as the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe. Thor was # 3...behind Doctor Strange (!).

Does anyone else remember this, or was my crack-pipe especially full today??

To quote Whitney Houston, "Crack Is Wack!"

I gotta put my vote down to the Silver Surfer.

My final two was between Iceman and Thor.

I mean, Iceman can just freeze the brain of every opponent.

Good point. Iceman is definitely one of the most underappreciated characters when it comes to power. This is usually the result of writers not taking advantage of him, but if Bobby really decided to get nasty, his potential is pretty untapped.

My final two was between Iceman and Thor.

I mean, Iceman can just freeze the brain of every opponent.

Good point. Iceman is definitely one of the most underappreciated characters when it comes to power. This is usually the result of writers not taking advantage of him, but if Bobby really decided to get nasty, his potential is pretty untapped.

he may be underappreciated, but he wouldn't have a snowball's chance against most heavy hitters.

let's see him try to freeze the Silver surfer or juggernaut...or someone like the flash or superman. it just aint happening

No, Sentry and Genis-Vell weren't in the competition.

I'm pretty sure they weren't...

And I'm pretty sure Iceman could freeze Superman's or the Flash's brain. Iceman definitely has the potential to beat most characters.

No, Sentry and Genis-Vell weren't in the competition.

I'm pretty sure they weren't...

And I'm pretty sure Iceman could freeze Superman's or the Flash's brain. Iceman definitely has the potential to beat most characters.

Nope.

Mr. freeze tried that crap on Supes during No man's land, not long ago.

He just calmly took it, then smacked Freeze up.

maybe Iceman could freeze the flash...if he were to just stand still and let him. But lets say flash actually decides to patcipate in the fight though.

do you know how fast the speed of light is? i see bobby getting hit 100 times with super-speed punches while his nerve impulses are on their way to his hands to try to freeze something. Flash goes to get a pizza in Italy and is back before bobby even hits the ground.