Review: Banshee

Ryno

Hmmm.

Dull green costume with a "splash" of yellow.

Fair-skinned...like an Irishman...with reddish-blonde hair.

Mouth open in a sonic scream.

I dunno. Looks like Banshee to me. I'll buy it.

Emma is horrible, but this one ain't really that bad (except for the missing collar).

Seems to me that some folks just WANT to hate HASBRO, and conveniently forget the many, many screw-ups and complaints about Toy-Biz during waves 1-16.

I don't know what's going on here but I'm just not agreeing with your two reviews for the Hasbro waves. I don't know how you can rate Emma over Banshee. I guess they must really look at alot different in person than in pics....because from the pics I have seen Emma looks like a near total disaster where as Banshee looks a passable figure (though far from greatness).

Nice pics Counterpunch, I'm gonna get both figures as they're important characters in the X-men universe and well even though they're far from the best thing in the Marvel Legends lineup they arent horrible figures (overall). :)

I'm gonna pass on the others though as they're just not important to me....if they looked great then I'd get them but as is I think I'll pass.

Yeah, I think some people just wanna hate the Hasbro stuff, too.

That Banshee looks a helluva lot better than the Emma does.

And outside of Banshee not having his collar, I think the only thing that would make this figure better would be if he came with a second head with his mouth closed that you could swap out.

It looks like Banshee to me.

Emma looks like a rail-thin runway model.

even though emma and banshee aren't as good as they could have been, I'm still excited to find them and purchase them. I think they'll still look decent next to the rest of my ML's.

was it confirmed that there aren't any variants for this wave?

lmao thats true about emma, she looks to basicly be all boobs :P Do you guys think this wave will go on sale at all?.. I am going to get a set mosc for sure but don't really want a second open set unless I can get it cheap yknow...

hey heres a question about banshee, does he come with a flight stand at all?.. Or even the option for a peg hole?.. I can see him looking a lot better on display if you have him flying up in the air! all above the other figures :D

I'm a-gonna go again against the grain here and say that Banshee is a damn nice figure. At first I was kind of bummed that he had blonde hair, but when I saw that they added some red to it I didn't hesitate to pick it up.

Still can't get over how small Emma's head is though. Seriously, that is one freakishly small head! I was going to force myself to pick her up today after work, but then I saw she had a chip in her cape and happily put her back down.

I don't mind the figure as much as I thought I would but there are three things I really don't like:

1 - the absence of texture. Whinge all you like about Toybiz's figures but one thing they did really well was detail. Whether it was through dry brushin, air brushing or just detailed sculpting, Toybiz made faces and clothes look good. Hasbro seems to have reduced the level of painting and sculpting so that most of their figures have a simplistic mono-tone finish which is usually too shiny or too matte.

2 - no finger articulation. I'm not talking about individual fingers, just the ability to close the hands. Static hand sculpting severely reduces the poseability of these figures.

3 - the wrist joints. As well as removing the swivel in some figures (which is bad enough), they've started to make the hand joint cut into the wrist rather than the wrist into the hand. This gives them an unnatural looking range of hand movement that only looks normal when the hands aren't bent at all.

Still, I'll be buying the full set (if they ever make their way to Australia!)

I'm not too impressed with the figure itself, but at least this gives hope for the FA Storm in series 3 to have a fabric cape. woot!

I'm not too impressed with the figure itself, but at least this gives hope for the FA Storm in series 3 to have a fabric cape. woot!

Why do you like fabric capes? I always think they look cheap and they always seem to fray at the edges.

i saw emma in the store the other day. her body is ok but the face is horrid, therefore killing the figure :(

banshee has no peghole.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Seconded!

Thirded...

Thirdeded?

...me too.

Don't care, ever since Toybiz gave ALL the figures a hole on their back it became meaningless, especially when flying characters are the only ones that need it.

Why do you like fabric capes? I always think they look cheap and they always seem to fray at the edges.

Well if it turns out like the Banshee from the Giant Size X-Men boxed set, it shouldn't fray that bad. But I've had that same problem. The Storm in that set's cape did that. I suppose having the rubber would be ok, but it'd just be kinda cool if they mixed it up a little and did that.

Personally, I don't understand all of the "cheap" and "horrid" comments. He looks just like any other wave of Legends-- especially the earlier waves. Of course, maybe a lot of people are confused by the fact that this is the FIRST wave of Legends that I've purchased in the past two years that had ZERO breakage or QC issues.

Now, where's my "eye roll" smiley for all of the dissenters?