Ill buy them but I HATE them

Starscream49

Alternators, binaltech, kissplay....whatever you call them, they SUCK. Sure they look good in both modes but what a pain in the a$$. I mean they shouldnt come apart nonstop, you shouldnt HAVE to have directions regardless and it should be more of an irratating chore than fun. If I didnt love TFs and have meds I would throw ever on of these the the damn street.

They aren't that hard. I probably in the minority, but after RID, I was quite pissed that they made the transformation kid friendly. Hell, I don't use any instructions in transforming the mainstream transformers since there is no freakin challenge! I am happy that alts/bt gives me the challege I want.

Since when are Transformers challenging? I can't think of any G1 TF that left me stumped. Nor G2. Nor Beast Wars. Actually, there were times a Beast Wars figure made me go 'WTF??' but I usually still got it. XD

I haven't bought a single Alternator since Hound and blue Tracks. They are just big, complicated toys that are really doing nothing more than saying "Look - we could do a really GOOD Transformers line, full of interesting Autobots and Decepticons but uhh... here are some random Autobots you'll remember that turn into cars you probably like looking at on the road or in magazines. Oh, and Decepticons that look just like them, but would never be in these forms, like SHOCKWAVE."

Tom

I wouldnt mind a little complexity but you dont wanna use force and sometimes its needed so you think youre doing it wrong. Then when you get it correct the door, arm, or something else pops off. I was changing Camshaft and literly5 pieces popped off.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about - you still have your (in my opinion) crappy kids' Transformer lines. Are you saying you'd rather not have the choice of buying the higher end Alternators, with better articulation and more detail? If you don't like them, don't buy them. As for me, Alts/MP TFs are the only ones I'll buy (other than reissues), I couldn't care less about the kiddie stuff.

...the only ones I'll buy (other than reissues), I couldn't care less about the kiddie stuff.

So... you'll buy the original kiddie stuff... Just not Evac? Or Scattershot? Or Sideways? Yeah, those kid-friendly Go-Bots suck anyway! @wink@

Tom

I don't know what you guys are complaining about - you still have your (in my opinion) crappy kids' Transformer lines. Are you saying you'd rather not have the choice of buying the higher end Alternators, with better articulation and more detail? If you don't like them, don't buy them. As for me, Alts/MP TFs are the only ones I'll buy (other than reissues), I couldn't care less about the kiddie stuff.

No Im not saying I dont want them to make them, just design them alittle better.

...the only ones I'll buy (other than reissues), I couldn't care less about the kiddie stuff.

So... you'll buy the original kiddie stuff... Just not Evac? Or Scattershot? Or Sideways? Yeah, those kid-friendly Go-Bots suck anyway! @wink@

Tom

Yep! If I was a kid when they were made, that's cool - it's all about nostalgia!

But I don't like 99% of today's stuff. I liked Classics Bumblebee, but that's really only because he seems to fit in with my Alts and MP Prime.

Same here. I rarely buy the other TF lines and when I do buy them, I buy a few to see how they are, which usually leaves me disappointed.

I just got Classic Grimlock and I kid you not, I got bored of him after buying them and started to be in awe of BT wheeljack(which I got the same day) despite already ownin bt grimlock.

Speaking of classic Grimlock, I have no idea where I put him at. He is probably in a place I like to call the abyss (the side of my bed where toys usually ends up with.)

It is pointless to bicker since DPrime and myself likes one series while the rest likes the other. Each their own

Since when are Transformers challenging? I can't think of any G1 TF that left me stumped. Nor G2. Nor Beast Wars. Actually, there were times a Beast Wars figure made me go 'WTF??' but I usually still got it. XD

I haven't bought a single Alternator since Hound and blue Tracks. They are just big, complicated toys that are really doing nothing more than saying "Look - we could do a really GOOD Transformers line, full of interesting Autobots and Decepticons but uhh... here are some random Autobots you'll remember that turn into cars you probably like looking at on the road or in magazines. Oh, and Decepticons that look just like them, but would never be in these forms, like SHOCKWAVE."

Tom

Each their own, but I remember reading an interview from Aaron Archer? or was it vh1, that the Transformers figures were puzzles where you have to solve to make a robot. That is what I see Transformers as.

This is another reason why I like Beast Wars(I also haven't used instructions on this series) and especially Car Robots, because they have complex transformations that makes me think. It is a mental stimulation and I understand that other ppl don't feel the same way, but after transforming a bt figure, it is quite easy for me no matter if l had to force something during the first time transforming of a tf fig. Just that I know how a piece should be pulled like Track's legs.

I want a toy that also makes me think and not just something to say "Wow, look at my latest TF figures, guys, I am soooooooooo cool!"

l prefer the complex transformation myself and think that there should be a line for the simple transformations( classics, etc..) and one for more experience(bt/alt.)

I mean, this is like saying that there are too many pieces in a Master or Perfect Grade Gundam. I think Takara/Hasbro should make different skill levels of transformation to make it diverse for the fans to choose. I was quite disappointed when the transformations were heavily simplifed for the Armada line after having a complex one in RID.

Honestly, the Alternators are the only things that kept me interested in Transformers after Armada. They're nice to look at in either mode and the complex transformations are an amazing feat of engineering. The only Alts I've had trouble transforming are Optimus Prime and Grimlock, everyone else has been pretty straight forward after using the instructions for the first transformation. I'm sorry to see the line put on hold.

I hate them, too.

Bust mostly because there's no point to them. Especially the 'Decepticons' AKA recolors with new heads.

Tom

Saying there is no point to them is like saying there is no point in other lines with no cartoons like Machine Wars and maybe Classics.

But then again, you are probably goin to argue there is a point in classics in that it is made for the fans who like g1. However, one can say the point for Alts/Bt is to make a complex and realistic toy for those who like realism over the futuristic cars.

Bt are marketed to Adults and I am sure Alts would be too, but just that Hasbro likes to include children in all their line.

If not, we would have uncensored g1 launchers packaged with the american reissues like how they are included in the Palisades Micronauts reissues(it says it is not a toy and is for 18 and up, hence the collectors.)

I love these thing, but then I am more for the complex transformations that make you think.

Same here. It's better than the simplified "flip legs out, pull arms out and you're done" transformation style that so many are like. Besides, to me it shows creativity when they get complex.

Yeah, the Alts are a pain to transform. Me and my pal have difficult times with ours. For Jazz, in order to make him transform, I had to remove the hood in order for the head to come up completely.

I liked the first alternator I bought (Silverstreak), and detested the second (Nemesis Prime). They do have an incredibly annoying habbit of falling apart and not fitting together quite right (popping one thing into place pops out another), articulation and fancy tranformations are good and all, but it completely blows when the figure falls apart in your hands.

As far as Car Robots, yeah they had cool transformations. It's just too bad the robot modes had to suffer so much because of it. Congratulations! You found the robot mode! Now you have to deal with him looking like a lemur!

I prefer toys that are pretty good all around, then really good in one aspect and completely sucktastic in another. Articulation, Transformation, and Asthetics are all important to me, as are solid results.

I hate them and I don't buy them

Wow since when?

since they started doing a bunch of repaints of the same damn car.

You mean...since g1? ;)

Personally, I see mp and alt/bt as display pieces and classics/cybertron/etc as toys; since I'm more into toys that I'll actually tf, mp/alt/bt don't interest me as much. I'd rather have tf's I can tf in a minute or so and then back then ones that take me 20 and, honestly, simply aren't fun.

I hate them and I don't buy them

Wow since when?

since they started doing a bunch of repaints of the same damn car.

I hear that those people in the retail industry like to call that line "Diaclone".