Hasbro ML are on the Shelves !!!!!!

robb

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my set today at Target in Wilm. NC. They only had one Iron Man on the pegs, I didn't bother checking the back for stock. They are like toy Nazis at that Target.

Banshee is crap, but the rest are OK at least. Hercules is wonderful imo. IM would be great in a 3 3/4 line. He is way too small. Beast's head is too small looking too.

The one thing with Hasbro doing these is they will do a much better job with availability. Probably too good.

Of course I am just guessing and I don't know numbers or anything but what I am saying is that with Hasbro taking over things will end up a lot more abundant. Hasbro will want/expect big numbers from this line. They are a big company (way bigger than toybiz) they will want a way bigger profit margin. What Toybiz considers successful and what Hasbro considers successful is probably two different things.

I digress though. These should be easier to find is what I am saying. I guess we'll see though.

IMG_1187.jpg

Thanks for the comparison pic.

As I'd suspected, Iron Man's not nearly as bulky in the lower-leg as he really needs to be, but there's a number of design changes and differences between him and both the comic and select version. Kind of a homage to Ultimate Iron Man or an alternative outfit or something. As you guys said, he needs more armour, but knowing Hasbro we'll end up buying add-on packs for these figures like they do with Star Wars.

Marvel_Legends_H01.jpg

I have to say after seeing your pictures I am excited to find this series again (with the exception of Emma who even you can't make look good). They look really pretty good. Hercules looks really good. What do you think of them all really?

They should have made the Annihilus bigger. I like the idea of a build-a-figure being a much larger figure. That's something they really could have just packaged as a normal figure.

Hulk, Beast and Iron Man all look like pretty decent figures to me. Hercules as well, but I still don't like the stupid grin on his face. The White Queen doesn't really do the comic character justice and Banshee seems to be the real let-down of the series.

Marvel_Legends_H01.jpg

Awesome gallery as always Waiting. It's a shame even your lighting and camera skills can't make Emma look good. Still she does look better without the cape....so if I get her I think thats how I'll keep her.

OMG Emma has HUGE child-bearing hips and a teensy,weensy head LOL!!!

She does indeed look like a strung-out crackhead. And the "variant" movie Jean Grey does as well... is this what we have to look forward to from Hasbro as far as women figures... strung-out crackw****'s(another word for a prostitute). I really cant wait to see the FA Storm now!!!

Just finished up reading all the messages. Hmm... I am a bit disappointed with the sculpts for some of them. But if you already have collected Marvel Legends...without them you'll feel empty or without them you quit cold turkey.

As for the price, the price doesn't bother me. I'm paying for gas, I'm paying more for Next Gen video games and so many other things that to me, I'm not surprised. People spend a lot on Hasbro's Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars and other lines already. They have no reason to lower the price.

I am a bit dissapointed with the eyes. For example, Hercules has the veins around the muscles but the eyes are comparable to something that was released in the older Toy Biz toys.

I am disappointed with the White Queen's face. I guess maybe I'm spoiled with the Marvel Select version and possibly even Mattel's DCSH's female sculpt. I don't expect the female faces to look realistic but in this day and age, I expect them to look good. I compare her to Scarlet Witch. Another figure that should have been better but wasn't.

But despite how I don't like the look of Banshee's sculpt [the 90's Toy Biz version with the whistle is a lot better looking in my opinion], it's still a must-get if you are collecting to have an all X-Men team.

But I don't know if I'll buy this line. Part of me wants to continue to continue the line but It's not a matter of not wanting it because it's from Hasbro but mainly due to lack of space. Going 42+ 45 gallon bins y'all...space is getting bad on my end.

kndy

But I don't know if I'll buy this line. Part of me wants to continue to continue the line but It's not a matter of not wanting it because it's from Hasbro but mainly due to lack of space. Going 42+ 45 gallon bins y'all...space is getting bad on my end.

kndy

Kndy, it's time to refocus! Haven't we talked about this before? :o

so...I just found these today and I must say I am pleasantly surprised. Up until yesterday I was with all you Hasbro "haters" haha, b/c the pics I had seen of these figures looked terrible, but now having seen them in person and bought them, I like these figures. They are not Toy Biz, no, but I still think they are good figures, some just have less articulation, which kinda sucks. I like the packaging way better than Toy Biz too, it looks...more sleek, I guess you could say...I like it. So I would just say to all of you guys on this board who have proclaimed how terrible these figures are to wait until you see them in person. True, they are not the best, but they really are not bad...I like them...

On another note, also saw all the spidey origins, minus the iron spidey grrr...picked up demogoblin, he's kick ass...passed on venom, doc ock, mysterio and rhino though b/c I have the Toy Biz versions...the Hasbro versions, again, don't look bad, just articulation is less and I already have them...I may go back and pick up a rhino though, he looks pretty cool...I'm undecided right now...

Guest DavAnthony

My problem with Hasbro is that they always give you less then other companies and charge you more for it and basically no one ever holds them accountable for doing it by NOT buying the items they do this with.

Instead we hear alot of people make apologies for Hasbro and are basically appeasers. I just don't get it.

i'm sorry, but these just look like C-R-A-P...............CRAP!!!!!!!! i mean banshee has this goofy open mouth look, herculese has a #$@# eating grin on his face, iron man looks alright, but too much metallic paint IMO......hulk of coarse is a repaint, like we need another hulk figure anyways.....movie beast, well i wanna say is that movie figures never did it for me.....and white queen looks like a man......these suck.

My problem with Hasbro is that they always give you less then other companies and charge you more for it and basically no one ever holds them accountable for doing it by NOT buying the items they do this with.

Instead we hear alot of people make apologies for Hasbro and are basically appeasers. I just don't get it.

Why is it that people who ( try to) explain why and how the toy industry works are called "apologists" when apologizing is NOT explaining something, it saying you are sorry for having done something.

No-one is saying they or Hasbro are sorry about this--its just the nature of the beast when toy-making and marketing are concerned.

Honestly, I think the problem is NOT the "apologists" but rather the ignorant fans that don't bother to look a little deeper into the hobby they pursue. You wonder WHY Hasbro seems to "offer less"--but have you ever actually investigated why? The answers are all around you, and its not what you might think.

After all, why is that the folks that seem to know more about the whole process, also seem to enjoy the hobby that much more?

The product we get these days, from Toybiz and Hasbro is LIGHT-YEARS ahead of the product that was released 20 years ago. ( Actually, we can all thank Todd McFarlane for that....)

Those folks complaining about this kind of stuff can always compare these latest toys to stuff like Super-Powers, Secret Wars and the first He-man stuff.

They can also just accept that there are people out there that LIKE Hasbro product, and choose to buy same. Why saddle someone else with the labels of "appeaser" and apologist" for genuinely liking something?

Must we all think as one?

Fair enough that some voices do not like the stuff, but ultimately..........so what?

Is the resentment there because people feel excluded?

Speak with the wallet......its not like you've been excluded on purpose.

Guest DavAnthony

Arrow,

Resentment is too strong a term. Annoyed is more accurate, there are people who like Pokemon and Power Rangers and consider these shows "quality". Both are dumbed down. What I DO resent is the fact that in today's society the dumbed down trash is what sells and quality products fall by the wayside, Pokemon and Power Rangers are indicative of this, these toylines and shows continue to flourish while quality shows and toy lines get cancelled or handed over to toy companies like Hasbro. Unfortunately, some people will buy whatever a company like Hasbro shovels out and say that it is great. I "resent" that because quality product falls by the wayside as they continue to dumb down the market because the "appeasers" will accept it.

Unfortunatley nowadays in our modern society there are more people who don't get what quality is and seem to have an odd fascination with half-assed stuff.

As soon as I heard that Hasbro had gotten the Marvel license I knew that would mean articulation would be cut, along with comics and detail. Needless to say Hasbro followed their patterns.

In regards to "ignorant fans" who don't understand how the industry works, I don't consider that a bad thing since the "industry" makes no sense as it is. Hasbro talks about profit margins and all these other concepts of sales that will come and go with the tide and I'm supposed to act like it's gospel.

If Toy Biz was able to have Marvel Legends be a big seller for them and Diamond can release figures with more then 3 paint apps then Hasbro should be able to find away to make the quality of their items not drastically drop once they get a license.

In what world does it make sense that because you are a massively sized company when you get a product it actually looks worse and cheaper then what a smaller sized company can produce?

Found Emma and Iron Man this evening in Toledo, making this the fastest I have ever found a complete series. Now that I have them all, I have to say I honestly like them. I see very little difference between these and series 15, but Im sure Im very wrong, at least thats what Im sure some of you will think. Maybe its just me, I do suffer from color deficiency, maybe thats it. My girlfriend and her mom, the ones who bought me over a dozen MLs from series 1-8 for christmas, cant tell the difference either, but they're not collectors I guess. Banshee is my least favorite mostly just because of the way the cape is attached and I dont like the character. Iron Man is my favorite of all the iron men so far, and Beast really surprised me. Even the Hulk, which is like the hundredth, is pretty good. Emma doesent look like a supermodel, or like the Adult Superstars line out there, but she doesent look as bad as many of the female MLs already made. But whatever, maybe Im just in denial, maybe I just dont want to let go of my favorite line. Or maybe they really arent as bad as so many want them to be, just because a new company makes them. I do know Hasbro has kept the Star Wars and Transformers lines going for 30 and 20 years or so, so maybe thats what Marvel was thinking when they changed companys. Just seems like a lot of talk about something that so many claim to have no interest in. Buy them or don't buy them, just please, please stop b!t&*!ng about them.

Found Emma and Iron Man this evening in Toledo, making this the fastest I have ever found a complete series. Now that I have them all, I have to say I honestly like them. I see very little difference between these and series 15, but Im sure Im very wrong, at least thats what Im sure some of you will think. Maybe its just me, I do suffer from color deficiency, maybe thats it. My girlfriend and her mom, the ones who bought me over a dozen MLs from series 1-8 for christmas, cant tell the difference either, but they're not collectors I guess. Banshee is my least favorite mostly just because of the way the cape is attached and I dont like the character. Iron Man is my favorite of all the iron men so far, and Beast really surprised me. Even the Hulk, which is like the hundredth, is pretty good. Emma doesent look like a supermodel, or like the Adult Superstars line out there, but she doesent look as bad as many of the female MLs already made. But whatever, maybe Im just in denial, maybe I just dont want to let go of my favorite line. Or maybe they really arent as bad as so many want them to be, just because a new company makes them. I do know Hasbro has kept the Star Wars and Transformers lines going for 30 and 20 years or so, so maybe thats what Marvel was thinking when they changed companys. Just seems like a lot of talk about something that so many claim to have no interest in. Buy them or don't buy them, just please, please stop b!t&*!ng about them.

Well said, you should speak up more often! Arrow's post above was very good too. Anyway stop trying to appease anyone by saying maybe you are in denial or anything like that. I myself feel the same way as you and know plenty of collectors that do, its just that more complainers like to be vocal than the other way around.

Draven

I checked around CO too, but I haven't found these yet. I think I'll just be buying Emma, Herc and Banshee...the others just don't interest me too much. Overall the wave is weak due to character selection, but Herc looks the best out of the wave. Banshee looks ok, but I'm not liking the blonde hair. I like everything about Emma, but her head sculpt. Although Annihlus looks decent, I'm not concerned about completing him as a BAF. If these are hitting this state, I better hurry up and try and find all the remaining ML15 figures I need, which is about 7 @smilepunch@

I hear what both Arrow and DavAnthony are saying...

Arrow - yes, some people genuinelly like them.. that's fine... nobody should try to make them feel bad for it.

DavAnthony - yes.. some people will like ANYTHING that gets thrown at them.. they will take it and like it, and not complain about it... they will deny that it is any worse than something we all know is better, or will deny that such product should be better. (Draven comes to mind @lol@)