iron spider man found !!!!!!!!!!

rockd

last nite, i found the iron spider man @ wal-mart. they just had one case of them . they had black siut spider man ,spider man2099, & the regular spiderman there. i only had money for two of them cuz of x-mas. hopefully, i can pick up the other ones next week.

The metallic paint is really the big kicker for this figure. He still would've looked cool with flat red and such, but by having that metallic sheen it really kicks the figure up a few notches!

It's funny you mention that, it's actually a selling point, check it:

DSCF0046.jpg

Iron Spider is SpiderMan in a suit designed by Iron Man... get with the times and PUT THOSE ISSUES OF 52 DOWN!!!!!!!!

Dammit! I saw four huge rows of that series at Wal-Mart this morning and I neglected to look through them all because the first few figures were nothing I wanted. I guess I have to go back now. Congrats on the find. He looks awesome.

The metallic paint is really the big kicker for this figure. He still would've looked cool with flat red and such, but by having that metallic sheen it really kicks the figure up a few notches!

It's funny you mention that, it's actually a selling point, check it:

Its one of the selling points on 2099 too...."supermetal finish" is at least an interesting name for it.

I saw the first wave Spidey:Origins today in Northern VA. and while the figures looked fantastic I was extremely disappointed with the quality!

I was looking to mostly get an Iron Spidey and a Spidey 2099. All THREE Iron Spideys I saw had big quality issues. While the "supermetal" finish looks great, one figure had it flaking off a lot exposing a gray mold body underneath. Two of the figure also had the (Spidey's) right leg pulled in such an awkward direction that it looked like it would've popped off when it was moved (I know this is a common ML problem)...you can see the way the right leg is packed in the pic above...so imagine that bend but worse. This is why I am strongly against "action poses" in packaging because often times they warp the figure joints.

They also had some sloppy paint jobs and the only Spidey 2099 they had had one joint ready to pop off, I barely glanced at him when I noticed it and tossed him aside.

It really looks like Hasbro/Toy Biz was in a HUGE rush to get these on the shelves right before Christmas and thus the product clearly has shown to suffer from some quality issues because of it.

The figures look great with the "supermetal finish" but I just warn those who don't look over the figure inside to make sure you do so...that way you don't run off and open it up to find a figure falling apart.

And considering how I've seen the "supermetal" paint on some of the joints, I wonder how it will act to the normal joint movement and whether it would stay on or fall off.It seems to be a little thicker than the usual paint.

Ive noticed many walmarts getting these figures in like clockwork. The only problem?? NOT ENOUGH IRON SPIDEY'S AND SPIDERMAN 2099'S!!!!

those are the only 2 figures I want from this wave but everyone is snatching them up, leaving the villains behind. Isnt it supposed to be the other way around in toy collecting?

Can someone tell me the case breakdown for these figures, i.e. how many iron spideys and 2099 figures are they putting in one case?

I fear that since Christmas is over it will be several months til these show up again, but I hope Im wrong...

I just got back from Walmart here in MD. The store looked like it had been hit by a hurricane. After sifting thought the piles of toys thrown everywhere, I managed to find all the Origins figures but Iron Spidey. I went on a picked up black costume Spider-Man. I figured thats the costume Spidey is gonna be wearing now in the comics for awhile, I might as well get it.