A christmas shopping story

jmoney

Thought I'd share my cool day. If you've got a cool story please add it on.

OK so I'm a teacher and today was my first day off from school. (YAY!) But I still had a lot of Christmas shopping to do so instead of sleeping in I headed out into shopping heck.

I start off at BestBuy to get my mom a Sirius radio (free plug for them 'cause I can't listen to regular radio anymore after getting Sirius a few years ago)

One hundred bucks later I leave and head to Target. It's been about two weeks since my last visit so I decide to go peak at the toy department. Nothing there but Electro and those silly arms of his just keep me from picking him up. I go about my shopping buying movies shirts etc.

Head over to Wallyworld (That's southern for Wal-Mart) mainly to pick some things up for a party on Saturday run through the toy department quick. Wave 15 is out but no variants. I decide to go ahead and pick up Captain Marvel since he's there. On my way to check out I run into the guy who runs the toy department, last time I talked to him he had just sold out of every variant except for a Julia Carpenter Spiderwoman so I go over to say hi, We talk about Christmas and as I start to walk away he tells me to wait there for 5 minutes he thinks there's a damaged Destroyer on the shelves. I assure him I've checked and it isn't there anymore but he goes off anyway. 2 minutes later I have my very own Destroyer, only problem was the packaging was banged up on one corner but I'm an opener so who cares. I thank the guy again and go home feeling good about myself.

MODOK is mostly complete now I'm only missing Wasp and Moon Knight. Destroyer looks Flipp'n awesome.

After lunch and some quality time placing Destroyer on my display shelf (currently showing all ML villains) I head back out to shop some more.

I go to the (shudder) mall and I will not speak of what happened there. Suffice to say it involved a World of Warcraft game card and a loud discussion in two languages.

After the mall I realize I've forgotten to buy for two friends coming over tomorrow!

I head back to target to look for something with Wolverine on it for my friend with the Logan fetish. No legends of Wolvie and X-men line Wolvie looks stupid. I head for the lion's den. TRU!

DUM! DUM! DUUUUUUMMMMMM!

Toys R Us + Teacher day after school lets out = YIKES!

After being recognized only 4 times I make it back to the "boy isles". I look through the ML showdown figures and find a nice Wolvie with Motorcycle I think my friend will like and decide then check through the rows and rows of the Mojo series. I see a couple of Moon Knights and decide to pick one up cause I'll never find the variant and want to complete MODOK. I see quite a few Wasp but can't bring myself to stomach that haircut.

Then it happened

Red Variant Wasp! Oh happy day oh happy day! I swear I almost yelped with excitement.

But wait there's more. Right behind her, Silver MoonKnight! I get a little week at the knees but manage to grab both figures. I say hello to another teacher buying for her children and she laughs and the look of joy on my face when I show her the toys for my friend and for myself.

Home at last MODOK is complete and hovers menacingly on my shelf just behind the Red Skull while Wasp and MoonKnight join Mar-Vel in the Legends box. I'm relatively sure the Avengers will be making a return to the display shelf soon.

Anyone else got a cool story?

Yeah, I've got one.....

So I debated on whether or not to brave the crowds today. The Christmas shopping season around here is soooo bad. I head into Walmart #1 and find no Legends at all. Hmmm....on to Target. Same story. Nada. Nothing. There's no TRU here anymore so I head to Walmart #2.

The toy dept. looks like hell and after pushing a few loud, obnoxious children outta my way I dig through the few ML they have on the pegs. And there it was......in all its glory.........a Giant Man Series AOA Sabretooth! wOOt! Can you believe it? Talk about luck! I then quit my job because I know this guy is gonna bring in a mint on eBay!

@smilepunch@

Just kidding. Congrats on your variant finds! You're much more lucky than I am.

Thanks D, I feel your pain Jase. Today was a fluke cause there's been nothing around here except for Sabertooth, Maestro Hulk, and Longshot for months now.

Well then it sounds like you really deserved to hit the jackpot! Again, congrats!

Went out tonight to Wal-Mart Just as they were putting out the Spidey Origins figures. No spidey's though. It was the villians wave. So I grabbed me a Demogoblin and started chacking the pallets. Nothing except a few more cases of Spidey villians. The i saw a case marked Marvel Superhero squad. I needed cap so I had the case opened and grabbed a Cap/Hawkeye, as well as Angel/Colossus, they also had a case a series 2 so I grabbed punisher/Ghost rider all and all a good night. They also had a case of the Spidey titanium figs and these were actually colored. The previous ones I saw were all just silver.