Reissue Megatron pre-order

pscoop

BBTS is taking preorders on the Takara reissue of G1 Megatron. They will have to modify the toy with an orange tip just like the Masterpiece. My question is, does anyone know if there is a way to remove these mods once you recieve the fig?

orange tip....yuk @grumpy@ from what ive seen on other toy guns with orange tips, they are glued on like a sumbich. who knows maybe they will not glue it on so well knowing so many people dont want that orange tip

Weak, I just read more of the text and it says the orange plug may interfere with the silencer attachment. What fun is a stumpy short Megatron gun mode? I am glad I live in the US but this is a little ridiculous.

Megs pre-order

Couldn't someone just ship it not in gun mode? It's technically not a gun then, just some random robot?

I dunno I remember quite a lot of local comic stores selling the re-release of G1 Megatron with no attachments.

Weak, I just read more of the text and it says the orange plug may interfere with the silencer attachment. What fun is a stumpy short Megatron gun mode? I am glad I live in the US but this is a little ridiculous.

Megs pre-order

Couldn't someone just ship it not in gun mode? It's technically not a gun then, just some random robot?

I dunno I remember quite a lot of local comic stores selling the re-release of G1 Megatron with no attachments.

I never thought of that. I am sure that these online retailers have but maybe not hmmmm

84.99 for an opened, basically ruined version of reissue Megatron? Kiss my butt BBTS. Glad I still have my first edition, unaltered reissue Meggy. Got him for only 60.00 shipped too. Sorry but I had to brag....mainly because he's the only thing worth bragging about. LOL! J/K. Seriously though that is a bit steep.

84.99 for an opened, basically ruined version of reissue Megatron? Kiss my butt BBTS. Glad I still have my first edition, unaltered reissue Meggy. Got him for only 60.00 shipped too. Sorry but I had to brag....mainly because he's the only thing worth bragging about. LOL! J/K. Seriously though that is a bit steep.

I agree. BBTS is getting pretty lame wrt the MP version and now this too? Do they really think they're going to get charged with arms smuggling or something? Are other dealers doing this as well?

Thank god I got my "original" reissue, too.

Why didn't they do this with the first run of re-issues? Why s this now an issue? Im cancelling my MP-05 pre-order and going with Robot Kingdom, they won't put the plug on if it ships in Robot Mode.

Glad the first run is sitting on my shelf right now. Pretty lame considering it seems like plenty made it into the U.S. the first time okay. BBTS is always the default, but they aren't the only source for imports.

Good call, this might hurt them a little. Probably a bad business move, at any rate, especially when other retailers aren't worried about any of these "laws".

About the only thing that could possibly go wrong for them is if some kid points it at a cop and gets killed, but really, it's not like that's a common occurrence. I mean, figure out the ratio of kids who will be buying it or receiving it from BBTS (we all know it's going to be 99% adult collectors) and then the extremely unlikely chance that one of them points it at a cop, and then the unlikely chance that said officer will decide that MAYBE the kid pointing an antique WWII German pistol at him (possibly with a scope?) is too dangerous to say "put down the gun" before opening fire? Yes it has happened before... maybe making it even more unlikely to happen again.

Hey -- all you BBTS haters out there -- chill.

BBTS is trying to provide you with a legal way to own the Masterpiece and re-issue Megatrons. It's not something they want to do, it's something they are legally obligated to do if they want to import the toys. That's it. The options for BBTS are to not carry this item or to have them altered before they are shipped to the US. Your choice is to buy it or not buy it. They tell you exactly upfront what they need to do and WHY they need to do it.

Other importers that don't take similar steps are technically breaking the law and running the risk of the toy being confiscated by Customs. If you don't like the rules, complain to your legislatures, don't bad mouth a reputable retailer like BBTS for complying with the law and clearly communicating it to the customers.